[1.3.0] The Static Templar - Elemental Static Strike 28k dps // Eva + Ondar Update

"
hrapvlesu wrote:
"
Static strike won't scale your elemental damage, only your physical.

Static Strike has 60% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage. It will scale.

No it won't. The damage done by the static strike skill is based on your physical damage. If your phys damage is low your base static strike damage is low, so even you scale your elemental damage you are still scaling a small base number. 500% more elemental damage with a 10 base is only 60, with a 1000 base it's 6000 so your base damage matters a lot in scaling.

"
khacthien89 wrote:
"
Hantastic wrote:
Sorry, but this is not a good elemental build set up. Static strike won't scale your elemental damage, only your physical. The same goes for multistrike or melee splash, so by using those gems you're actually decreasing your possible damage by a significant amount. That said by not taking any phys damage nodes your basic static strike will do minimal damage and the explosion only has 70% of the added damage from auras.

If you want to do an aura focused static strike build you're much better offdoing something along the lines of this:
static strike > wep ele > faster attacks > increased aoe > added lightning/phys to lightning

If you just want to use static strike to proc elemental damage in general think about a cast on melee kill build:
static strike > increased aoe > CoMK > ice nova > rain of fire > ball lightning / life leech

Hate to say it, but your build as it is now will not scale well at all. That being said I think the best way to do a static strike build will be to just invest in phys damage.

Based on you profile, your highest character level is 71 so I think you may not an experienced player so you dont understand my build which is very popular.

I believe that you haven't play elemental cleave / reave / spectra throw before. My build is base on those build with archive 20k + dps easily with cheap gear.

Static strike - just like other attack skills, will apply lighting dame from Warth and herald of Thunder to the attack. Just like you do with elemental reave / cleave / Spectra throw....

I use multitrike not for the increase physical damage, but for the attack speed - core of any ele attack build.

You said the explosion only has 70% dame - RIGHT. But for any source of damage - it also 70%.
It does not means that you get 70% damage when you play ele and 100% when you play phys. Please clearify this point.

Have a look at this build - very popular one
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/92670

My build is base on this, but with improvement. With my passive on 1.3.0 you gain amazing resitance against physical damages. Ele dame migitations com from purity aura and life pool with good regen.

I used to play ele reave with 25k dps on 1.2 with lv 1 reave. The most important things people should known for ele build - the main damage come from aura - not your skill gem.

You don't seem to get it. Cleave scales well with aura's because you can use dual weapons and hit with both of them in one attack, applying the aura's damage to each hit. Same concept for double strike. That being said any melee skill is inferior to a projectile one for an aura build.

Spectral throw and tornado shot scales projectile damage, not physical damage. Projectile damage increases the damage from your auras and the piercing lets you hit a ton of enemies. Any gem which increases projectile damage can be socketed with spectral throw or tornado shot to further increase the damage. Gems that increase physical damage don't scale your aura's outside of giving a minimal boost to your primary attack skill. I'll say it again: using static strike as the base for an aura build will not scale well into late game. Spectral throw, tornado shot or a wand build (which has increased ele damage with wands nodes) scale aura elemental damage superior to static strike.

I've made more than one aura based build. I know how they work. Clearly you don't, but hey why don't you stalk my profile some more and then tell me something I already know.
Last edited by Hantastic on Dec 12, 2014, 3:53:27 PM
Stupid guys who said build dont work pls look pictures.

23.9k dps
18k armour with tabula.

insanse group clear as well as single target.
StaticTemplar
"
khacthien89 wrote:
Stupid guys who said build dont work pls look pictures.

23.9k dps
18k armour with tabula.

insanse group clear as well as single target.

they are blind, they are blind...
wow, so nice
Will be great :3
Epic for the newbies - Really strong with cheap items!
IGN: WhySoMap
Last edited by bluong1989 on Dec 14, 2014, 7:23:48 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778/page/1/#p9481011

look at this guy. he went completely different on the tree and got 40k+ dps
"
sighlight wrote:

1. He build physical 2H weapon and using ABYSSUS - no thing impressive on that 40k.
2. 2H build using Abyssus result in : DEAD. Especially on lv 90+ at high lv maps.
3. My build have great balance between dps and defense.
4. Look at his build, he have 4k5 life and he use nearly 1/3 life for aura - so intel :)). Pls run around on 77 78 maps with his build to see the pain =)).
5. Good luck for any one trying his build. I suggest people playing his build for fun, remember bring the Cast on Death gem :)).
StaticTemplar
So i just built a static striker myself. And I'm at 45k dps right now (tooltip), with wrong colours on my 6l.
i took the best of ele and of phys dmg.
im running dual doryanis for ele leech decent pdps and very nice ele dmg!
Chest is 6L carcass jack
Static Strike-Multistrike-WED-Faster Attacks-incr crit chance-phys to lightning.

Right now i use additional accuracy instead of wed because...colours.
Hatred+all 3 heralds add great damage.
and due to phys to light we do 100% ele dmg. While ele reflect is a real problem when you do massive hits (like this weird 2h static strike), ele reflect doesnt matter at all with my setup. Ill post a guide as soon as i have the right colours/gems.
try dual doryanis.
peace
"
Powerlenny wrote:
So i just built a static striker myself. And I'm at 45k dps right now (tooltip), with wrong colours on my 6l.
i took the best of ele and of phys dmg.
im running dual doryanis for ele leech decent pdps and very nice ele dmg!
Chest is 6L carcass jack
Static Strike-Multistrike-WED-Faster Attacks-incr crit chance-phys to lightning.

Right now i use additional accuracy instead of wed because...colours.
Hatred+all 3 heralds add great damage.
and due to phys to light we do 100% ele dmg. While ele reflect is a real problem when you do massive hits (like this weird 2h static strike), ele reflect doesnt matter at all with my setup. Ill post a guide as soon as i have the right colours/gems.
try dual doryanis.
peace

As you are running crit build, you got tons of dps. The consequense is that you trade it for defense with make the line between dead and alive become closer.

I dont known if you have any character that reach lv 91+ or not. But there are some thing you need to known.
1. lv 89 and lv 90 is two difference worlds. Lv 92 you need to run 2 maps lv 77+ to get only 2% experience.
2. Dual wieldning, using Cacass - result in huge DPS - and also leave you indefensiveness.

People who usually run lv 76+ maps known that every hit can kill you no matter how strong you are in low lv.
Many people with max block still suffer dead on top lv maps. The game is not just about clicking to kill mobs. In many sistuations, dead come very suprisingly which you cant realize.

I have to said one more time, my build is balance between dps and defense. If you want tons of dps, it is very easy. But if you want to reach lv 95+ pls pay attention on defense. People who just want to play to lv around 8x pls choose other build. There are alot of DPS holic around for you.
StaticTemplar
"
sighlight wrote:

Nice Cast on Death build :))
IGN: WhySoMap
Well I didnt die yet with this build. not a single time.
and It naturally will get more dmg and more defense; defense from the tree, offense from getting better gems. I'm lvl85 now, only 4k life but you leech from everywhere due to your high AoE and the herald effects. Due to the ton of ele dmg and the freeze/shock/ignite nodes im able to freeze with my cold snap+added cold+ele prolif (from doryanis)+cast on dmg taken.

these shock nodes also help to increase your damage, most of the bosses i fight are getting shocked = 50% more dmg

But you're right, the defense sucks on this build. only ~20% phys reduction, ~20% chance to evade and 15% block chance, 4k life.

I'm still looking for a option to make it tankier a little....maybe IR
But as I said, atleast ele reflect is rly no problem at all while it is a problem with the 2h build.
(and come on, abyssus is suicide)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info