PvP Manifesto Post and Patch Notes Teaser

We even get some blue items to start with.
Not so sure about the new gems. Will have to see how it Plays out. The drama before People even tested stuff is always unnecessary. F2p free content, nothing wrong with that.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
Redblade wrote:
"
awetZ020 wrote:
I had good hopes on the counter gems. But basically thats just melee cwdt and with block.

Which makes me sad as casters didn't get a block gem, playing as Incinerate I'm really playing the same game as a melee yet this gem will do nothing for me.
tempus shield has been in the game forever
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
p0t wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

Move Mind over Mater into the caster tree, and then your arugement is valid. Until that node is accessible, you're just backing up our main arguement because with it way down in the bottom of the duelist tree, it *isn't* accessible, and casters CANT feasibly use MoM (with or without Block) without Cloak of Defiance.

MoM is too good to just have sitting there in the caster tree its positioning is justified. Theres a reason the cloak is so incredibly popular lately. MoM is too strong for 1 point.

What was never justified was the amount of block nodes that remained in the caster tree after MoM was added.

While it can't be stuck directly IN the caster tree for reasons that you mentioned - how many builds do you know that allocate MoM on the passive tree?

I'll tell you. Basically none. Because though it's too strong for 1 point, it's not strong enough for 23 (on a conservative estimate, assuming you're a shadow, its worse if you're a witch or templar). That, and ONLY that is why cloak is so popular. No one can allocate MoM on the passive tree unless you're an extremely specific build. it's popular by necessity, it's nigh impossible to do MoM without.

Solution? Move MoM closer to the caster tree. Problem (mostly) solved.

I think the main problem is that MoM is too powerful, providing approximately the same mitigation as Lightning Coil, except against physical, elemental, and chaos (not DoT) damage. Perhaps if they nerfed it a bit they could also move it to a more suitable place.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
Causener wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

While it can't be stuck directly IN the caster tree for reasons that you mentioned - how many builds do you know that allocate MoM on the passive tree?

I'll tell you. Basically none. Because though it's too strong for 1 point, it's not strong enough for 23 (on a conservative estimate, assuming you're a shadow, its worse if you're a witch or templar). That, and ONLY that is why cloak is so popular. No one can allocate MoM on the passive tree unless you're an extremely specific build. it's popular by necessity, it's nigh impossible to do MoM without.

Solution? Move MoM closer to the caster tree. Problem (mostly) solved.

I think the main problem is that MoM is too powerful, providing approximately the same mitigation as Lightning Coil, except against physical, elemental, and chaos (not DoT) damage. Perhaps if they nerfed it a bit they could also move it to a more suitable place.

I think the actual problem is it's too easy to control it's downside. It's very easy to hit 200->250->even 300% mana regen with a couple uniques and some roll-capped rares, at which point it's downside becomes trivial. In a game where the only way to survive being oneshot is raw %mitigation, or having 8000 hp, I don't think it's the MoM that needs nerfing, but the MoM-Balancing tool. Cause in the grand scheme of things, 30% isn't a huge amount for someone not being careful. But with that amount of regen, unless you're running a hyper-buffed incinerate, NOBODY needs 400 mana regen. That'll cure ALL your mana problems, and it's so easy to get.

Basically it's a no-win situation. Nerf MoM, MoM becomes useless, casters become obsolete, rangers become the only viable class in the eyes of the minmaxers -> rangers get nerfed, game dies?
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Dec 11, 2014, 3:36:30 PM
"
Orbifold wrote:
Added a new Strength Skill - Reckoning: Perform a swift counter-attack against enemies in a cone shape when you block with your shield. (Available from the Intruders in Black quest for the Templar, Marauder, Duelist, Ranger and Scion.)

Why no love for melee staff users?

You realise the other 2 will work with a staff.
"
Orbifold wrote:
Added a new Strength Skill - Reckoning: Perform a swift counter-attack against enemies in a cone shape when you block with your shield. (Available from the Intruders in Black quest for the Templar, Marauder, Duelist, Ranger and Scion.)

Why no love for melee staff users?

Lol you had 2/3 chance, but you managed to pick exactly the wrong one. Fyi, the other two gems will work with staves.
"
"
plssssssss make that Static Strike a compatible facebreaker skill

Very unlikely, given that 'blow' seems to be the word associated with unarmed-compatible skills, not 'strike'.

I can asure you that I'm capable of striking someone with my bare fist.

Static Strike with Facebreakers or RIOT.
Spoiler
or any new gem for FB, I mean, cmon.. it's pittyfull

FB is perhaps the coolest unique in this game.
Come on, GGG. Give us the rest already!

I was acting weirdly around my peers because I couldn't content myself!

ME WANT PATCHY NOTES. ME WANT PATCH NOTES!!~!
Smart.

When you can´t fix movement based fighting - just develop and further enhance laid-back-seat-piloting like counter attacks or porting attacks that don´t require pathing.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info