PvP Manifesto Post and Patch Notes Teaser

I am curious how mirror arrow/blink arrow would work with ranged totems/trap/mines.

Imagine 3 mirrow arrow ranged totem builds XD
What about blink arrow for wanders? :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "Blink projectile" or something.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Any news on race season?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Redblade wrote:
Counter attack skills seems very lackluster (from a Incinerate players perspective) as I assume they will use your weapon as a base for the attack.

My Incirenator uses 2x ~300 pDPS Catalysts and still I don't think that I will waste sockets I have Searing Bond in for those counter attacks.

There is also quite disturbing note in Nick post, which doesn't seem PvP only related:

"
Nick wrote:
This, in combination with changes to the Acrobatics keystone and block values on items and the tree, means that total damage mitigation is a helpful, if unpredictable, bonus, rather than a game-winning factor.

So they not only slaughter block nodes, they are also going to slaughter block on items, and they can do it without leaving legacies, as they probably just lower DW block and base block on shields. Even BoR, Perandus and Anvil will not help much then.

So, if they do so, those "on block" counterattacks will be even more lackluster that initially seems so.

Summarizing, I really hope that this is very small excerpt from final patch notes, because what I can see till now is really quite uninteresting for me.

Considering that I'm not interested neither in PvP not economeh leagues, it just leave me nuisance of being forced to rebuild quite good working builds.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Dec 11, 2014, 4:12:36 AM
"
ejlbi4 wrote:
First patch to kill POE?
How to play in Hardcore leagues, with this nerfs in block, spell damage ...? You killing witch damage builds.
Why you wanna go on way what choose blizzard with d3?
OMG, pls stop it, think about your fans.

Spoiler
no u
IGN : @Morgoth
Added a new Strength Skill - Vengeance: Chance to perform a swift counter-attack against all enemies around you when you are hit. Weapon range increases the area of this attack. (Available from the Lost in Love quest for the Templar, Marauder and Duelist.)

WITH 2h weapons,

Unwavering stance = get hit = proc skill = gg :D
Last edited by rmangesh_spawn on Dec 11, 2014, 4:08:02 AM
Physical to Lightning is a revolutionary step that allow us witches to try Lightning Arrow and Lightning Strike...
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
I am shocked by all the crying in this thread. This update is amazing and gives an insane amount of more flexibility to both pvp and pve setups in almost any scenario.

Pros of patch:
+Block nerf was 100% justified: people were afk-tanking Atziri. (fyi. this is supposed to be the ultimate end-game)

+People have been begging for "on-block" or "on-hit" effects for years. Finally there are more than just tempest shield. Please note that you can most likely combine these skills with other mechanics like trigger gems or even status ailmenting like blind or bleed.

+The new bow movement gems look incredible. Just think about the gameplay aspect for a second.

+The new shield defense nodes are very well thought out alternative to just x% chance to take no damage at all, this way good rare shields are actually worth using again compared to just using saffel's or rathpith in every situation. Now you can invest to benefit for very large effective hp pool (es shields), physical mitigation (armour), reduce amount of attacks taken based on entropy (evasion) or a very good combination of them all

+All the new notable passives in the outer ring around the give way more customization and build enabling features than ever before

Cons:
-shav, acuity, mjölner, cwdt&ic and crit-multi-stacking still likely exist in the game however. So that kinda sucks.

This game actually used to be challenging. Now you can faceroll the last boss of the last act with gear you can find during the first 2 hours of gameplay. Stop asking for this to turn into linear perfectly balanced slot-machine mmo grindfest where every little boy can have their shiny pauldrons by killing x amount of pigs on a field. Since the first minutes of playing this game it has been very clear to me that GGG tries to enforce complex active gameplay mechanics that requires thinking and strategy and not a game where everybody teleports around wearing enigma sending flying hammers demolishing anything with a single button. This patch is a step into a better direction.

Cannot wait to see the new uniques and fiddle around with the new skills. Thank you GGG.
Mirror Arrow + GMP + BLind + chance to flee/knockback

I wonder if this combination will work if yes , if yes my eve ranger will get even more untouchable.
Everything in this teaser was basically already known, but the confirmation is nice. Im a little dissapointed there arent any more details on the gems. Still, Im really excited for 1.3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info