[OPA] Old Players Association - Experienced International Community

^

I did read in the op that most players are in Standard league, I guess you just typoed when you wrote that most players are in Hardcore.

Anyway, I still asked because so far, it seems that Standard league is the norm for most guilds, and HC the exception. Apparently I will need to ask around to have a good feel for which guild is right for me.

What I am looking for are regular mates to play with in both standard and HC league. It seems guilds are polarized between Standard mostly and ''Pro'' guilds.

Not sure if I get that right but it seems a lot of people expect that if you play in HC then you are supposed to be some kind of pro.

I do not want to join a guild where people will feel I am a noob, I expect to die eventually even if I play HC. So I just play careful and take my time to last as long as possible.

This is what I mean by retaining a casual touch, If I die, or if I am not perfect, it is not the end of the world. I dont claim to or want to be a pro. I like a good challenge though and play the best I can.

"
evilmaxwar wrote:
^

I did read in the op that most players are in Standard league, I guess you just typoed when you wrote that most players are in Hardcore.

Anyway, I still asked because so far, it seems that Standard league is the norm for most guilds, and HC the exception. Apparently I will need to ask around to have a good feel for which guild is right for me.

What I am looking for are regular mates to play with in both standard and HC league. It seems guilds are polarized between Standard mostly and ''Pro'' guilds.

Not sure if I get that right but it seems a lot of people expect that if you play in HC then you are supposed to be some kind of pro.

I do not want to join a guild where people will feel I am a noob, I expect to die eventually even if I play HC. So I just play careful and take my time to last as long as possible.

This is what I mean by retaining a casual touch, If I die, or if I am not perfect, it is not the end of the world. I dont claim to or want to be a pro. I like a good challenge though and play the best I can.

Yes. I meant Standard.

Most of the players, in general, do not play in the Hardcore leagues not because they're not "pro", but because most of the deaths in those leagues are not justified by the player's lack of skills but for technical game weakness once they are running in advanced maps (i.e. client-server desync), so they are not willing to risk themselves to unfair deaths. When people clasifies as "pro" players that plays in the Hardcore leagues that means they're brave enough to expose themselves to desync deaths and joining parties with desync-able builds.

Currently, very few in our guild plays in Hardcore (5 guild members aproximately, out of 215), and the guild stash in those leagues are not secure, but free for all. You're welcome to join us. To do so, sign up in the guild forum, but please, consider that we look for long term commited guild members, and with this I mean that we dislikes when players join OPA and then quit 2 days later because "no one in this guild plays in Hardcore". You can still enjoy the social aspect though.
Thanks a lot of the insightful reply.

The prospect of dying in HC due to lag or glitch is certainly worrisome.
Im now level 36 in HC and doing pretty well but who knows what will happen in the longer run.

I think the wise thing to do for me at this point regarding guilds is wait it out a bit and see how I do in HC in the longer run. I might also meet interesting players during gaming in HC more easily than I would in a guild.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. You shure helped me take a decision, I am not ready to join a guild yet.
"
evilmaxwar wrote:
Thanks a lot of the insightful reply.

The prospect of dying in HC due to lag or glitch is certainly worrisome.
Im now level 36 in HC and doing pretty well but who knows what will happen in the longer run.

I think the wise thing to do for me at this point regarding guilds is wait it out a bit and see how I do in HC in the longer run. I might also meet interesting players during gaming in HC more easily than I would in a guild.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. You shure helped me take a decision, I am not ready to join a guild yet.

You're welcome. Good luck.
Update
  • The Officer of the Week event has been suspended until a guild stash log feature gets implemented in the game.
  • Leaders & Officers updated.
Last edited by Samkiud on Apr 17, 2015, 9:10:43 AM
We will make a massive cull of inactives tomorrow, April 19th. Slots for players who wish to join the guild will be available.
We will make a massive cull of inactives today. Slots for players who wish to join the guild will be available.
Ravenstaver will be in charge of the guild along with Motorlife until I fix my computer, by miracle, because screw Venezuela.
We made a cull of inactive guild members.

If you were one of the culled and wish to join again, please log in the guild forum and create an application thread so we can re-invite you.
We are making regular cull of inactives. Feel free to apply any time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info