Ground Slam Marauder (1.3 Advice)

"
zpeedi wrote:
"

Doesn't reduced mana apply to the life taken from blood magic?

It does, but without bloodmagic you can use an aura or two.

"

And if I were to do a build with no blood magic, how much mana/ mana regen should I use?

No regen, use leech. You can probably never get enough regen as a meele. If you have a decent weapon 2% leech is more than enough. Leech is caped by 20% of max mana / sec so max mana will do more than more leech.

Is this better then?
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bYjM_2SF8_7w4UIGVNvTZHfoTZAdy-ingNC2F5aMEEvqcFLXrvdO2E72Eh4upgSycgiiIs-yFVXhPApgd13D3kUVBHQT8hNLQvUebqGN-yhVLrCTkOCZaXeXasrY3Pftlhd1M7O57FCfbUfAYOJ-0ZLmebrj534zwtU6UMXxynxq7Yvf4Ktz4xnqZXOuHyRUz_hjs0jmvZr2yiAPAfaPKCm-0g4XNxhcAaGjiQVScv7Dh65mP9RtexQtq57MtP8xPMaf7kIilP
"
cGramma wrote:
"
zpeedi wrote:
"
skr1b wrote:
^ nice man! Thanks

Do you guys go Unwavering Stance first? Or Resolute Tech? Curious on the level guide breakdown... again, I'm pretty noob. Appreciate it.

I go for resolute technique first snd then i go for lots of life, that way i don't ever need to go for unwaverig stance. Unwavering stance is for CI builds or low life builds. WIth enough life you never get stunned.

That is not really true though, even with high life you can still get stunned. Unwavering lets you play more aggressive and also reduces desync, GS usually runs pure armor anyway so theres little reason not to pick up US. It's a huge quality of life improvement and actually kinda underrated by a lot of people.

I never get stunned. I havent played with less than 5k life in a loooong tine and in 1.3 i have never had less than 6,5k life so i dont know how it works with lower life but last time i had around 4k it wasnt a problem. How much life do you have if stun is a problem?

How could unwavering stance possible help reduce desync?

Even if you have pure armor you have a few % chance to dodge and this game is alla about a few % adding up.
You can get stunned even with 8k+ hp, it's very short but it's there. My RFer experienced mini stuns from stuff like Abaxoth, Haast and that spear throwing guy. Atziri trio can also easily stun you, US is so incredible for that fight actually, let's you manual cast EC/IC with a lot less risk involved.

Stun is one of the main causes of desync, in general anything that affects positioning is. That's why Cyclone can be so goddamn annoying, same with Leap slam mobs or Rhoas. US reduces this significantly. The few % of evasion you get out of not skilling it is absolutely insignificant for these types of builds.

I can only speak from personal experience of course, rolled plenty of GS chars since Closed Beta and in my opinion US is a very important node for 2h Marauder. It is certainly viable to play without it though but with these new changes to the tree US is in a pretty good spot for a GSer.

IGN: Yeph
Last edited by cGramma on Dec 11, 2014, 4:55:53 PM
I havent played beyond and have only done Atziri once so i cant realy comment on the mobs you mention. I have met a lot of rhoas and other chargers though and i dont remember noticing any diffrence if i have US or not. I have only used US with CI but that shouldnt matter. I will test this out tomorrow, maybe i have noticed a diffrence with my CI groundslammer that i just dont remember, it was a while since i had CI and UW. I will probalby play my CI groundslam again in 1.3 and she will have UW,
This is what I have come up with so far.

Good life, can grab extra endurance charges if you like but the idea is to have high armor which will already reduce physical damage that endurance charges are optional. Vaal pact taken along with resolute technique and unwavering so you are always attacking and always leeching. This is something I'd need to test as I've never used vaal pact.

reach into templar for the AoE with Groundslam. If using a different skill that doesn't require that I would possibly travel elsewhere than templar.

without vaal pact
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 11, 2014, 6:01:23 PM
my tree, need some advices, thanks :)
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bY9khfP-8OFCDkUVBHOQ4Jlpd5hVLrCdlhz36tjXasUebqGJ7FOzt3U0E_ITS0LzpSDjwUcfjrGJG8n14T705hUoZgBS1gS2Ehh2qQbKknqZSE2WVNvTZHfr6nJyCKIiz7IVXApgd13D182fcy_lQNzStQHM49D8T2cqlTpQxfHKfGrjwt2L3-Crc-r2xM_2jyogDwH8BmBLOGOzSOa9kUTfxLggfZfGCR5K0B5xnpYMR673TtVamXtGoBhO-pbrXyNZIyCXJsbEamV03j_o-Mz8RY
Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you.
Last edited by Thunder0258 on Dec 12, 2014, 1:50:13 AM
This would be my Hardcore GS build would run ideally with rumis.saph,and ruby flasks this build has about a good 6 endurance charge so not worried about armor. Some what based upon Alkaizers old GS build. Seems solid to me so far. Build brings u up to lvl 84 (passive tree). I would say getting the stun passive nodes on bottom would be last on the agenda would help with the culling strike (Depending on how you would want your GS to go about) at 84+ u can skill into the last 2 stun threshold nodes or go for survivability or if you need Dex / Int nodes you can also get that on bottom.

Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA5FFQR-8OFCBfP5d5CZY5DusJ2WGFUnasz36tjeoYwQSfy6cwns1Vtdi9NZK18qlueA0LYXloMglybGxGfNn3MkE_ITS0L1Hmcqm77ZHO5K0B5xnpYMRgkWoBl7RVqZBVGjjAGlnzrKonL-w473w8BZo7gpuiAMBmBLPjahZv-tJmniSqNul3Uzs7nsUYkbyf_EsUTZ_fRtdXKXGF2rmxQsbYWGM9_IzP9khXDYCkVdZk5xcvLdKfPjGepldN4_6PbqpfmFltzzI26JgK4kO2pIZg3pY=
Last edited by cKranez on Dec 12, 2014, 12:03:49 PM
"
cKranez wrote:
This would be my Hardcore GS build would run ideally with rumis.saph,and ruby flasks this build has about a good 6 endurance charge so not worried about armor. Some what based upon Alkaizers old GS build. Seems solid to me so far. Build brings u up to lvl 84 (passive tree). I would say getting the stun passive nodes on bottom would be last on the agenda would help with the culling strike (Depending on how you would want your GS to go about) at 84+ u can skill into the last 2 stun threshold nodes or go for survivability or if you need Dex / Int nodes you can also get that on bottom.

Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA5FFQR-8OFCBfP5d5CZY5DusJ2WGFUnasz36tjeoYwQSfy6cwns1Vtdi9NZK18qlueA0LYXloMglybGxGfNn3MkE_ITS0L1Hmcqm77ZHO5K0B5xnpYMRgkWoBl7RVqZBVGjjAGlnzrKonL-w473w8BZo7gpuiAMBmBLPjahZv-tJmniSqNul3Uzs7nsUYkbyf_EsUTZ_fRtdXKXGF2rmxQsbYWGM9_IzP9khXDYCkVdZk5xcvLdKfPjGepldN4_6PbqpfmFltzzI26JgK4kO2pIZg3pY=

I'm guessing the elemental is for hatred? You'd have a 10% chance to freeze. Perhaps you would add 2 heralds (thunder and ash) you'd have a chance for any of the 3.

Increased skill duration for endurance charges?

*You can clean up the path a little by unwavering stance.
*The bone breaker/skull cracking cluster if you drop the 2 nodes leading to bone breaking you get an additional 8% reduced stun threshold at the cost of 4% attack speed (through 2 nodes)
*fixing unwavering path gives you 1 passive back. Best used for either life or the first melee passive off marauder for 16% melee damage.

Unrelenting is hard to pass up on for the mana cost reduction.

Here is what i mean with your tree
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
anyone have or know of a calculator? I need to compare elemental damage with physical vs pure physical ground slam.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
I'm still fairly new to creating builds but after looking around a couple of other threads I think I am going to with something along the lines of these.

That lets me still reach up to the sovereignty wheel to run auras with a reduction to reserved mana costs as cKranez pointed out for later game content. It has pretty decent elemental defense resistance 46% to all, which may be overkill but you could drop some of those for other options.

Here's a variant I was looking at. drop elementalist, a strength, life and endurance nodes and pick up for 18% faster attacks, and 45% skill duration.

Could probably ditch the attack speeds since puts it at like 63% might be over kill then just pick up endurance charges. Meh, If I over think it I'll never get this character back up and running before the next patch lol

Let me know what you think, I currently have 66 passive to dole out so, just going to see how it goes. I can always tweak it a bit if I need.
Standard: Level 78 GS/HS Marauder
≈<°^°>≈ Flying Spaghetti Monster for Act4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info