[2.2.2b] Cast when Drinking Potion spell spammer - 20 spells per second with no active skills

"
mayainverse wrote:
so does this build still work or cant sustain? confused about your crossed out comments on front page

Well, it still works as well as it did before the Ascendancy patch. The build can't sustain off of worms alone anymore, but it's still able to sustain off of normal enemies.

From 2.2.0 to 2.2.1c, the build could sustain indefinitely without needing to be next to enemies by generating charges off of the Writhing Jar worms. After 2.2.1d, the worms die too quickly to generate enough flask charges to sustain.
May I Ask Whats The Bandit Reward You Took Or Does It Varies?
Last edited by Jogai on Mar 21, 2016, 5:11:10 AM
"
May I Ask Whats The Bandit Reward You Took Or Does It Varies?

I think I actually need to reset mine still, but it's probably best to take Oak (HP)/passive/Alira (Power Charge).

Normal: Mana is totally irrelevant, resists usually can be made irrelevant with gear (though you could make a case for it). The build is not really hurting for passives either, so might as well take HP, which sort of scales damage as well (more damage taken from Doedre's Elixir).

Cruel: All three are totally irrelevant

Merciless: Taking a charge is probably better than taking a passive since you're running Discharge and it's a major source of damage.
- The benefits from Frenzy charges are irrelevant, so probably not the best pick.
- I think the main reason to take the Endurance charge is if you're going for an indefinite Immortal Call. Other than that, it doesn't seem fantastic given that the physical damage reduction from the additional charge will only be active for a split second before your next Discharge triggers.
- Power Charge would at least provide a little bit of value by adding to your Discharge's crit chance before it's consumed.
Anyone can explain me why there is Mind Over Matter in tree when u clearly reserve 100% mana at video? Anger + 2 heralds? It's confusing. Is it missclick on tree?
Last edited by kileras12 on Mar 23, 2016, 8:31:17 AM
Gem Links Would Be Much Appreciated
"
kileras12 wrote:
Anyone can explain me why there is Mind Over Matter in tree when u clearly reserve 100% mana at video? Anger + 2 heralds? It's confusing. Is it missclick on tree?

Someone else actually just PM'd me about this - I was testing out removing one herald or Anger and using a hybrid seething flask to take advantage of MoM. Updated the passive tree - it's now just the core tree. There's a lot of freedom with the last ~10 or so nodes.

Added gem links to the main post - sorry, thought they were visible in the gear, but it seems like they're bugged out at the moment.
How much HP do you have on your character?

I tried using this build at lvl 50 with 2500hp which means I need to use 2 flasks in order to trigger CwDT but the damage is so low it takes ages for them to die. I'm not really sure what's missing for it to work properly.

Also, can support gems be over lvl 38 and still work? For example CwDT casts Discharge and Discharge is linked with Increase Area of Effect, can IAoE be above the required lvl for CwDT and still work?
"
Ninami wrote:
How much HP do you have on your character?

I tried using this build at lvl 50 with 2500hp which means I need to use 2 flasks in order to trigger CwDT but the damage is so low it takes ages for them to die. I'm not really sure what's missing for it to work properly.

Also, can support gems be over lvl 38 and still work? For example CwDT casts Discharge and Discharge is linked with Increase Area of Effect, can IAoE be above the required lvl for CwDT and still work?

Level 50 might be a bit low to start the build, since you need to pick up a ton of life/crit nodes and the additional life from character level helps. Luckily you can level with crit discharge, which uses almost the same tree.

I have ~4.6k HP. You really need to be able to trigger CwDT with one flask, which requires 3.3k HP; this would help significantly with sustaining flask charges, which is a huge factor in your damage/survivability.

Math

528 damage taken to trigger a lv1 CwDT
10% of your health taken as chaos damage when using a Doedre's Elixir
1.6x damage taken from chaos damage from -60% chaos resistance

10% * HP * 1.6 >= 528
->
HP >= 528 / (.1 * 1.6) = 3300

Even without any spell damage/crit gear, your damage should be pretty good. Are you reserving 100% of mana using some combination of Herald of Thunder/Herald of Ice/Anger/Wrath? Do you have a higher level Discharge on a leveled CwDT somewhere in your links? Did you check if you accidentally had two of the same spell on multiple links?

Other sources of damage:
- Enchant your boots with flat damage (fairly common enchant, there's multiple mods you can get)
- Vessel of Vinktar with flat spell damage if you can spare the flask slot
- Spell damage/crit uniques (Scold's Bridle/Voidbringer/Facebreakers/Maligaro's/etc.)
- If you're desperate, RF with dousing HP flasks, but it's a bit suicidal

Yes, you can use any level support gems - I have a lv20 Increased AoE linked to a lv ~15 Discharge.
edit - nvm
Last edited by kileras12 on Apr 6, 2016, 8:04:29 AM
you can make your build by

part 1 10 Score
part 2 10 Score
part 3 10 Score

please

tou making a face using your build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info