The new Duelist starting area - OP for LLD?

"
lapiz wrote:

Ill just leave this here.

1.37 attack speed.... so vendor?

Sorry you wasted 2 exs :(
Last edited by Lordsidro on Dec 10, 2014, 10:38:04 AM
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

I dunno... I'd like to see how that weapon fares on a character with both knockback and stun immunity. And conveniently, those are both immunities you can item-swap to, so maybe there are some matchups where this could be useful?

Its almost like transforming into RT Facebreaker (except you can still crit...technically).
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

Isn't this the sword that's wreaking havoc in LLD standard at the moment? Some dualist Iboardthesword character?

And it was 25 ex for the first 2 mods... then crafting costs after, so it's a little more "wasted" than that. :)
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
Last edited by Dopamineloveaffair on Dec 10, 2014, 3:46:15 PM
Just to clear a few things up.. that sword is far from vendor material. The high dmg on that sword and cannot be evaded wreaks havoc. Furthermore, suggesting that its a waste because someone can switch to curse immunity + stun gear is missing the point. If this 1 sword forces a drastic switch (and still does massive dmg despite that), then switching back to his 184 pdps sword is that much sweeter.
any links to vods of havoc pvp-ing? I'm curious what build he is making, and what his gear is
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
any links to vods of havoc pvp-ing? I'm curious what build he is making, and what his gear is

It's not the guy "Havoc" that got to level 100 first in standard, if that's what you're thinking. Havoc was just wreaked, that's all. :)
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
It's bad because it's slow, there are better bases to craft - nobody said it's bad because of stun/curse immunity.
It's not as slow as you guys might think, iboard totally counters most wb shadows atm (and it's arguably the most used in standard), though tornado shot and casters stand a good chance against him.

Yeah an elegant would be better but don't knock off the antique rapier, with multistrike and real good gear the build is strong.

Also if you we're to argue stun immunity a chayula would mean a loss of 100-300~ life, some stats and damage, while knockback immunity would mean a lucky corruption, which would be further restricted to the elite.
Last edited by A222 on Dec 11, 2014, 6:45:21 AM
knockback boots are only really needed if your opponent has them, or he doesn't but has faster attacks than you.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

Your comments are understandable but invalid! At first I also thought that it would be just "ok" because it is so slow. After testing it out it would appear that the attack speed of 1,37 is close to perfect for 6link heavy strike with the correct support gems. 1,9 aps elegant sword would force me to change the gem setup to something not optimal which would result in a direct dps loss.

This is with 3 elreon pieces with -22 mana cost total, making the 6link mana cost totally manageable without blood magic. This allows me to use a gem like Stun for an example, which alone forces people to use chauyla or they have lost almost by default.

This sword also allows me to completely dominate every single melee character who doesnt have a vagan's weapon. Smoke mine and blind gem attached to tempest shield combined with 1700 evasion allows me to win the fight quite easy. Only people with vagan weapons stand a chance against me currently.

The best nados stand a fair chance against me and some even have an edge. Though I have sad news to all nados who are reading this! I just came up with small change which will make me never lose again bow users UNLESS they have a vagan bow.

Freezing pulsers are the only characters who probably might even hold an edge to my duelist.

tl:dr vagan mod is ridiculously overpowered and that sword allows me to hold a fair edge vs anything in standard at the moment (aside from casters)

Last edited by lapiz on Dec 11, 2014, 9:13:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info