closed

Last edited by xMustard on Dec 27, 2014, 7:00:19 PM
Haha, I don't know if "OP as shit" will be an appropriate descriptor, but Queen of the Forest is certainly going to be more valuable.

I've been running a high evasion QotF build, and it has ruined all other builds for me. The movement speed bonus is soo nice. Everything else feels like molasses.

"
xMustard wrote:
possibly only viable melee ranger build in 1.3

Considering that the melee Ranger build I linked to is currently viable and not changing in 1.3 based on the latest tree information, I have my doubts about your statement :P
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Dec 4, 2014, 4:03:43 PM
i updated the numbers a bit to represent the new unofficial tree that was released.

with that tree, this build won't change much from my current plan based on current tree, in fact. it seems as tho this build will get:

[+] 12% atk spd
[+] 20% accuracy
[+] 20% evasion and armour
[+] +5% movement speed
[+] +10% dmg
[+] 155% increased defenses on equipped shield (equals 3063 base EV)

[-] 8% block
[-] 31% crit dmg
[-] 30% less block chance

that seems like more than a fair trade for what i had planned, oh plus i save a skill point. 104 instead of 105 points used. very interesting indeed.
this is my intended plan on the current tree.

"
Tempada wrote:
Haha, I don't know if "OP as shit" will be an appropriate descriptor, but Queen of the Forest is certainly going to be more valuable.

I've been running a high evasion QotF build, and it has ruined all other builds for me. The movement speed bonus is soo nice. Everything else feels like molasses.

"
xMustard wrote:
possibly only viable melee ranger build in 1.3

Considering that the melee Ranger build I linked to is currently viable and not changing in 1.3 based on the latest tree information, I have my doubts about your statement :P

i was being facetious. but i did check out your build and im quite impressed. you actually do a couple of things i never thought of, like clarity lvl 5 on reduced mana and BM, thats fricking awesome, lol

your build is pretty sweet and quite similar, except the dual wield over shield. but im impressed with your dual wield non crit cleave dps numbers. pretty cheap and effective weapons for that build. great job!
"
xMustard wrote:
i was being facetious. but i did check out your build and im quite impressed. you actually do a couple of things i never thought of, like clarity lvl 5 on reduced mana and BM, thats fricking awesome, lol

your build is pretty sweet and quite similar, except the dual wield over shield. but im impressed with your dual wield non crit cleave dps numbers. pretty cheap and effective weapons for that build. great job!

Aw, shucks. Well I'll be keeping an eye on your build. That's one sweet evasion shield!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
Aw, shucks. Well I'll be keeping an eye on your build. That's one sweet evasion shield!

ya, it cost me 3ex. and there are others even better you can get for probably just as cheap, haha. just depends how much evasion/other stats you require.
it was pretty good until i read

"Marylene's Fallacy"
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
it was pretty good until i read

"Marylene's Fallacy"

well i said i MAY use it. im going to test it. yes, its 60% LESS critical chance, but we just need to crit once. plus it gives massive crit dmg, accuracy evasion and int. all great things this build needs.

im actually going to test it right now, but by the way its looking theres absolutely no way it will beat a standard DPS amulet (if you don't use stone of lazhwar, depending what happens with the block stuff).
Is this a viable 1.3 build for HC ladder with 149% current life?
And you keep talking about movement speed. How do you stack it? From what does it scale?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 4, 2014, 8:11:30 PM
"
hellzer wrote:
Is this a viable 1.3 build for HC ladder with 149% current life?
And you keep talking about movement speed. How do you stack it? From what does it scale?

i can't tell if this is HC viable or not. #1 i've never played HC and i basically can't because my computer sux too bad. i lag all the time and die from it, especially whenever i gotta fight dominus.

but, keep in mind you can lvl anyway you want, so that part shouldn't be an issue. the biggest issue against this build will be physical dmg spells since they gain bonus dmg from abyssus too.

if you were to run this build in HC i'd definitely drop abyssus. i think that might be all it takes honestly. the life leech from tree (and optional socket) is great and the life regen is enormous. when i proc it, im regening upwards of 5335 hp per second. no, im not kidding.
average regen tho is about 3200/s.

edit: here is a pic of the highest regen/s i've seen yet
Spoiler

as you say the build will have 149% hp (with current and new tree, pending more changes) which is quite high now-a-days. focusing on hp on gear (double coral rings etc) i think it should be pretty easy to reach around 4500 hp without much problem. currently, at level 68 (not wearing atziri's steps yet) i have 3,383 hp and still need to spec into 26% hp.

as for the movement speed, it comes from queen of the forest chest which gives you 1% movement speed per 450 evasion. i'll update the main post to reflect my current gear so you can get an idea of what to shoot for and you'll see the gems i use.

edit: oh, i tested marylene's fallacy and it is garbage. yes the crit dmg is absurd (get over 1000% with it equipped) and when you crit everything dies instantly, but it kind of already did anyway so the drawback is nowhere near worth it. plus there are other juicy stats you can get on amulets, like accuracy and more % evasion
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 4, 2014, 11:28:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info