Torment Challenge League Preview Video

"
hurry up 9 days, ur taking too long.

This o so This
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I get home from work 3 days before new leagues start :P and home for about 8 weeks gonna smash out the hours on torment. Looking forward to this league should be great, hopefully i'll complete more than 1 challenge this time round hahaha.

Well done GGG keep up the good work.
"
whrsmycoffee wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Hojirozame wrote:
This looks like a lot of fun!

Question, is it possible for the tormented spirits to "escape"?

Yep, if you don't kill them fast enough they'll fly away.

Treasure goblins. At last. The greatest innovation of D3. Thanks Chris.

It's not a D3 innovation. Torchblight did it years earlier and several games from this genre and others did it before Torchblight. The thieves in Golden Axe, released in 1989, come to mind. I think the talisman was probably the most interesting new mechanic in Diablo 3 but it was dropped sometimes during its time in development hell.

"
Diablo: IncGamers: The Talisman. You said initially it was some sort of stat-boosting thing, but it’s been disabled for the past year and a half, in playable builds anyway.
Jay Wilson: Mm-hmm. It’s still on hold.

Diablo: IncGamers: People are wondering if there’s going to be some mechanism to allow greater character diversification in stats, given that we can not manually assign our own attribute points in Diablo 3. There will be something more than just finding +10 on an item. We’ll be able to do something more to differentiate our characters from others?

Jay Wilson: Yes. We’re stated in the past that we’re working on a new customization system. A system that’s part of your character building. Also that within the item space we’re looking for ways for more... we really prefer the single point stat customization be more item based. But we’re going to have a system to more or less replace the attribute point spending system.
- See more at: http://www.diablowiki.net/Talisman#sthash.p7Yp2Sa2.dpuf

And those new systems never came...

As far as I know GGG's take on them, there could be a game out there I am not aware of does something very similar, is fairly original.

I am hoping for some skill preview next to help me decided what my first character build will be.
I be that potion mixin', spell castin', dragon ridin' wizard. Got a 3 foot hat with a 6 foot beard, and it's only gettin' bigger. Put a staff up in my hand, and I'll shrink you down to size. All I need is a tail of a newt and some platypus eyes.
Was there a different camera angle in that video? Around 20 seconds.

"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info