Vaal RF Build Gear - One-shots 78 map bosses

wow this build looks fun af.
IGN: _Jacky
Nice build ! Looks really fun :)

Do you sometime play with a party ? If yes, have you ever had any complain about lag created by the vaal righteous fire explosions ? The animation seems similar to Discharge and I often hear people complain about frame drops due to the use of discharges.
I have a middle-end PC so I was wondering if this build could be palyable on it as I have frame rate problems when playing with people using Cast on Crit and Discharge.
Last edited by Dolmax1 on Dec 10, 2014, 11:01:57 AM
Does Vaal RF gems can stack such as 2 vaal storm call ? 2 Boom :D
Also, what do you think is more important to get when you have enough currency in a new league : 5l Carcass Jack or the Doryani's Catalysts ? And what support gems would you use with Vaal Righteous Fire in a 4l?
Have you tried to run a Discipline aura ?
How do you deal withh elemental reflect maps ? reroll them ?
Last edited by Dolmax1 on Dec 10, 2014, 12:42:08 PM
the dmg comes from the amount of life right ? what if u had life and ES would it also calculate the ES for the DMG ?

i wanted to make this but than a hybrid to get higher effective lifepool for bigger dmg.
I did a fast tree for build.

This tree for doryani's + Rise of the Phoenix. We can play with rf all the time. I didn't do the math but 4.4 regen and vaal pact will be enough.
-tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAlKDYTdpiaHSWMshbFbgIZ_noNZLYvf4Ktz5Bhyo4qW618qZXTeP-j_JFOuEo-oLHmK3aOrEFuNCBr6cIuJPr7hpsna7jahZvJKo26XF5FxwSaRhlRtdXKXGFwBqxQtq5Y_165icvkFUaOOw4gpuaO-081aY8Be98ogAEs_AfaPKnVXwOW6BPBEPIg9sEBx8CNsXYJFXGOljxbKyY7FUqjUkbNtgulJeFNPchsD1fUlOXlUyzl_RqQ8BUCPRtGbzqEFiHZa-3MjQsnJ_f5CLAZg==

This one for double doryani's
-tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAlKDYTdpiaHSWMshbFbgIZ_noNZLYvf4Ktz5Bhyo4qW618qZXTeP-j_JFOuEo-oLHmK3aOrEFuNCBr6cIuJPr7hpsna7jahZvJKo26XF5FxwSaRhlRtdXKXGFwBqxQtq5Y_165icvkFUaOOw4gpuaO-081aY8Be98ogAEs_Afg9sEBx8CNsXYJFXGOljxbKyY7FUqjUkbNtgulJeFNPchsD1fUlOXlUyzl_RqQ8BUCPRtGbzqEFiHZa-3MjQsnJ_f5CLAZsCaCarZ_IuM-d3hc-0g

It will be better with new nodes :)
Last edited by BigJobless on Dec 10, 2014, 2:36:11 PM
"
BigJobless wrote:

This tree for doryani's + Rise of the Phoenix. We can play with rf all the time. I didn't do the math but 4.4 regen and vaal pact will be enough.
-tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAlKDYTdpiaHSWMshbFbgIZ_noNZLYvf4Ktz5Bhyo4qW618qZXTeP-j_JFOuEo-oLHmK3aOrEFuNCBr6cIuJPr7hpsna7jahZvJKo26XF5FxwSaRhlRtdXKXGFwBqxQtq5Y_165icvkFUaOOw4gpuaO-081aY8Be98ogAEs_AfaPKnVXwOW6BPBEPIg9sEBx8CNsXYJFXGOljxbKyY7FUqjUkbNtgulJeFNPchsD1fUlOXlUyzl_RqQ8BUCPRtGbzqEFiHZa-3MjQsnJ_f5CLAZg==

This one for double doryani's
-tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAlKDYTdpiaHSWMshbFbgIZ_noNZLYvf4Ktz5Bhyo4qW618qZXTeP-j_JFOuEo-oLHmK3aOrEFuNCBr6cIuJPr7hpsna7jahZvJKo26XF5FxwSaRhlRtdXKXGFwBqxQtq5Y_165icvkFUaOOw4gpuaO-081aY8Be98ogAEs_Afg9sEBx8CNsXYJFXGOljxbKyY7FUqjUkbNtgulJeFNPchsD1fUlOXlUyzl_RqQ8BUCPRtGbzqEFiHZa-3MjQsnJ_f5CLAZsCaCarZ_IuM-d3hc-0g

Vaal Pact:
Life Leech applies instantly at 40% effectiveness
Life Regeneration has no effect

"
Dolmax1 wrote:
Nice build ! Looks really fun :)

Do you sometime play with a party ? If yes, have you ever had any complain about lag created by the vaal righteous fire explosions ? The animation seems similar to Discharge and I often hear people complain about frame drops due to the use of discharges.
I have a middle-end PC so I was wondering if this build could be palyable on it as I have frame rate problems when playing with people using Cast on Crit and Discharge.

I only tried one map with a party, I play solo primarily. Vaal RF was still plenty good in a party, though not being able to one-shot some bosses is disappointing. :P As for the lag, it's worth keeping in mind that you only cast this once whereas CoC Discharge is spammy. I don't know how much lag it would cause for people though, my PC is pretty high-end.

"
BigJobless wrote:

-tree

As mentioned by someone else, life regen doesn't work with Vaal Pact. This means that you can't effectively run both RF and Vaal RF unfortunately.
This Reddit comment thread has some builds as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ouaks/vaal_righteous_fire_build_77_shipyard_runthrough/cmqm77w

"
takeda85 wrote:
the dmg comes from the amount of life right ? what if u had life and ES would it also calculate the ES for the DMG ?

i wanted to make this but than a hybrid to get higher effective lifepool for bigger dmg.

Yes, it's based off both ES and Life, so hybrid would mean more damage. But keep in mind you can only leech one, and you can't regen life thanks to Vaal Pact, so you'd probably want to be primarily life based and just have ES regen itself. That being said, damage wise, this build does plenty as is; more damage isn't really necessary, you can one-shot map bosses. Focusing on ES would be a bit problematic since you're already using a Carcass (sacrifice 20% AoE and good life to change to an ES chest) and 2 Catalysts (sacrifice 90% elemental damage 1% leech and some cast speed to change to an ES shield).

"
Dolmax1 wrote:
Also, what do you think is more important to get when you have enough currency in a new league : 5l Carcass Jack or the Doryani's Catalysts ? And what support gems would you use with Vaal Righteous Fire in a 4l?
Have you tried to run a Discipline aura ?
How do you deal withh elemental reflect maps ? reroll them ?

I did Carcass first because Catalysts didn't exist super early into the 1W. Catalyst is more important if you're reaching 75+ maps at this time, otherwise the Carcass more important so you can stick in an Increased AoE.
As for auras, I just didn't get around to setting any up. Discipline would be okay, but I'm not ES based at all and have no auras, so not amazingly useful. For a hybrid you would certainly run it though. As for reflect, I reroll them just because I don't feel like dealing with it for Flameblast. Vaal RF is immune to reflect though.
In a 4L I used Vaal RF + Chance to Ignite + Prolif + Life Leech in the 1W.

"
Does Vaal RF gems can stack such as 2 vaal storm call ? 2 Boom :D

Yes, but the charges would be split between them (so you recover them slower and initially get them slower), and it's not necessary since you're already one-shotting things (plus the burn does noticeably more damage than the initial hit, so stacking them on the same mob isn't useful).

All the fun of Discharge but none of the reflect problems. Yes, I'll be rolling one of these next league. Great build!
Stormcalling 24/7.
You should update your tree...
Stormcalling 24/7.
Last edited by Casual_Boops on Dec 14, 2014, 9:35:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info