Vaal RF Build Gear - One-shots 78 map bosses

Congratulations on your build!!
Above all what I like is that it is very funny and powerful

I think it's difficult to play in a party, because you have to ensure leech life with vaal RF
Degraded soils is also a problem

This is my tree: Templar level 89

.. And this my items

swap ring, belt, boots and helmet

Why not use the Doryanis belt fire version?
more damage will scale with life than XX% fire dmg?

It is necessary dexterity with the Templar
Templar Base 14
Scion base 40

Call your equipment to make 96 asking the carcass jack
Last edited by ILAYAS on Dec 17, 2014, 10:28:00 AM
"
You should update your tree...

I haven't done this since I'm not yet playing this build this league. Starting off with a MF char to get gear, then going for a crit Discharge build I've been wanting to try. I'm not sure if I'd do a similar tree as I did before, I think I'd focus for more life this time (and not start as Scion). Either way though, I don't want to post a tree I haven't tried and verified it actually works, and that won't be in the near future. Other people have posted some builds though in the Reddit thread at http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ouaks/vaal_righteous_fire_build_77_shipyard_runthrough/. A few people have been posted theirs in this thread as well.

"
ILAYAS wrote:
Congratulations on your build!!
Above all what I like is that it is very funny and powerful

I think it's difficult to play in a party, because you have to ensure leech life with vaal RF
Degraded soils is also a problem

Thanks, glad people like it.
As for parties, that's something I do very rarely. I almost exclusively play solo instead, I just find it more enjoyable. So I haven't tried the build out much in parties. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work okay in parties (you leech the same amount of life and gain the same amount of souls when alone as you do when in a 6 person group), but you probably won't be one shotting a lot of bosses in a 6 person group.

"
ILAYAS wrote:

Why not use the Doryanis belt fire version?
more damage will scale with life than XX% fire dmg?

It is necessary dexterity with the Templar
Templar Base 14
Scion base 40

Call your equipment to make 96 asking the carcass jack

I'm not sure whether the Doryani's belt would give more damage, since it is an increased modifier and you already have a pretty significant amount of increased damage. More importantly though, having a good leather belt means noticeably higher survivability. That +135 base HP is pretty important, it's basically as much as Kaom's Roots gives.

Dex is indeed an issue, I had to make some compromises to get a sufficient amount even with the +30 node. Some trees with this build (the ones that go down in the lower-left area, then past Unwavering Stance up to Vaal Pact) have access to two sets of +30 nodes, which would give nearly a sufficient amount of dex on its own.
"
5tr1k3r wrote:
Thanks for the answer. Wonder if any DoT is able to kill you while you cast VRF, I mean things like puncture or chaos degen or burning damage. Probably not, but if it's possible within some scenario (except the one where you hit nothing at all. obviously you would die right then and there), then it's a death sooner or later.

It is very risky this build for HC league
VRF must throw when you have many enemies around.
It is more dangerous in party because your team can kill before you and not be able to recover life to enable VRF ............ and if the soil is DoT, instant death !!
The desyc affects this build, among other ...

In my opinion, it is a build very OP, fun and used to clean very quickly maps ......... but are not immortal.
Anyone tried this too stronk build with Atziri?
"
Rav239 wrote:
Anyone tried this too stronk build with Atziri?

Haven't tried, but doubt it would work well. The main problem is Atziri is immune to ignite.
I tried to play Normal Atziri map with this build with my character Scion lvl79 only.
Succesfully completed and full clear untill Atziri herself without any death and then decided to change this character to other one, coz afraid of Atziri split form (mirrored form). This build is AOE based, so it is not easy to not hit the mirrored form of Atziri.

I used legacy Cloak of Defiance instead of Carcass Jack for better survivability (sometimes swapping between Carcass, depends on the situation). You have to take care about your mana with Cloak of Defiance.

Here is video of Trio Bosses (that cycloner is tanky)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiirhhPjkxU
IGN: Blake_cz
Last edited by Blakecz on Dec 20, 2014, 8:46:16 AM
"
Blakecz wrote:
I tried to play Normal Atziri map with this build with my character Scion lvl79 only.
Succesfully completed and full clear untill Atziri herself without any death and then decided to change this character to other one, coz afraid of Atziri split form (mirrored form). This build is AOE based, so it is not easy to not hit the mirrored form of Atziri.

I used legacy Cloak of Defiance instead of Carcass Jack for better survivability (sometimes swapping between Carcass, depends on the situation). You have to take care about your mana with Cloak of Defiance.

Here is video of Trio Bosses (that cycloner is tanky)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiirhhPjkxU

Nice, I would definitely recommend getting EE though. I assume you don't have it since you Flameblasted right before Vaal RFing there. EE and a curse on the cycloner might have been enough to kill him maybe (not sure).

Atziri would be a big issue. The mirrored form for Flameblast could be a problem potentially (I doubt Vaal RF takes damage from it, but you don't have the charges for that more than once), but the immune to ignite would definitely be a huge problem.
Could you use incinerate instead of flameblast to deal with reflect or would it be too weak in a 4L? Or could you use VRF in 4L?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Could you use incinerate instead of flameblast to deal with reflect or would it be too weak in a 4L? Or could you use VRF in 4L?

Not sure, never used Incinerate. The nodes this build takes though synergize nicely with Flameblast.

I used VRF in a 4L for the 1W race, just means you can't use Inc AoE gem for a 5L, not the end of the world.
I made a boss montage before I stopped playing my flameblaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8dsOE7Cw-Q

Thanks for the nice idea, it's not as consistent and strong as normal flameblast, but it kept me going couple more levels when I was already bored from the regular gameplay.
Last edited by forzazx6 on Dec 31, 2014, 5:55:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info