[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

"
When can we expect a 2.0 update of this guide? Looks amazing, and wanna try it out :)

Try this.

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
*gasp* Poaching! Rude!

The build still works the same. Roll a scion and use the Scion Attack or Spell nodes to connect instead of the Witch ones. Grab Jewel sockets where available. Ta-da! Spells are up to you. KB is better against packs, Barrage is better single target.
Last edited by Terrornoid on Jul 23, 2015, 7:08:44 PM
Latest iteration in my never-ending tinkering with this build (testing still in progress):

Dropped both Unwavering Stance and Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics. Picked up Heart of Oak, and also the Shadow spell crit nodes (could have swapped those for more life nodes on the Scion wheel). The long trip out to the Bloodless life wheel might seem odd, but I actually need the stat points so its not really a wasted trip.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecDHgW1BiMHHg3RDkgPqxGWFE0WvxiRGYoajx9BIuoj9iSLJP0mlSoLKjgtqC9vMHw1kjY9NuhGaUlRSshLV02STeNRR1VLWK9aUl3yX7Bh4mKsY0NknWyMbWxuqm87b55wUnC7cNV3B3gNe8OCHoMJhMWHE4hCidOMC4w2jX2Nv4_6lS6XBptdm7WcpJ2qqJqpbrGQtUi18rfWuXy747yfvoDAGsDjwcXDOsSiykrYvdkT2wvbWedU6NbrFOv17BjssPDV8bPyHfKX8-r22vsJ_Ev-j_66_94=

The change bumped up my health slightly, doubled the energy shield I have to use as mana, and means I get full value from Granite Flaks again. Also have about 20% evasion now, which helps a little.

Spell-wise, I'm currently testing Kinetic Blast - GMP - Arctic Breath - Fireball. So far it seems to murder packs, although relatively speaking the mana cost is steep (36 versus 10 or so). As long as I'm hitting multiple mobs, the ES on hit jewels seem to keep up.

It's not a great single target solution (rares in packs are fine, solo monsters on their own not so much). So I've got Vaal Storm Call-Spell Echo-Concentrated Effect and Flame Totem-Faster Casting-Faster Projectiles-Fire Penetration. The totem is nice for cleaning up stragglers and speeding up rare kills.
-=Tested on a Lv 69 Scion in 70-74 Maps=-

I have found that GMP Arctic Breath and Discharge can offer very fast clear speed and, at least for me they give more single target dps than any GMP and non GMP currently suggested.
If you do not have a Voll's devotion then GMP Arctic Breath and Magma Orb is a great combo for fast clear speed and single target damage.

Why Arctic Breath + Discharge/Magma Orb? Because, not just do you get clear speed, you also get:
- Shattering frozen enemies.
- Survivability form frost on the ground.
- If you are you are using discharge you will get a stable amount of
endurance charge which will give a lot of Survivability (Especially with CwDT Immortal call).
- Also they both offer single target that form my testing are consistently high compared to others.

Links: (- = link, / = no link)
CoC - GMP - Barrage - Arctic Breath - Discharge\Magma Orb - Life Leach
HoI - Arctic Armor - Purity of (Whatever is low) - Enlighten
Fortify - Summon Ice Golem / Faster Casting - Flame Dash
CwDT Lv12 - Increased Duration Lv15 - Immortal Call Lv7
HoL - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark / Portal
CwDT lv7 - Molten Shell Lv13 - Enfeeble Lv9

Gear: Basically the same as the build guide

Passive tree: the same as the build guide

I am not saying that this is the best setup, only trying to help everyone find a the most efficient clear speed, with a nice balance between stable dps in groups and single target; discharge has this balance and also has the added benefit of endurance charges which add to our survivability (Also seems to get a stupid amount of procs compared to others)

I have found that on open maps like dried desert GMP Arctic Breath and Magma Orb Win at clear speed but in enclosed maps like Ledge Discharge wins, Although even in a open map two surgeons quicksilver made discharge just get the advantage because of it's superior dps you can just one tap most packs (even blues) then move on, Magma Orb could still two tap blues but because you have to stand back to take advantage of GMP's aoe then wait for the projectiles, Discharge proved to be better at clearing.

Last edited by Parietic on Jul 24, 2015, 5:20:15 PM
Newbie here, Would anyone kindly explain to me how is survivalbility achieved aside from trying to kill everything in sight as fast as possible? There is very little evasion bonus/energy shield bonus and no armor bonus from the tree, and even then, with EB, ES is no longer protecting my health - is 170% HP from tree with no mitigation at all enough?
"
Newbie here, Would anyone kindly explain to me how is survivability achieved aside from trying to kill everything in sight as fast as possible? There is very little evasion bonus/energy shield bonus and no armor bonus from the tree, and even then, with EB, ES is no longer protecting my health - is 170% HP from tree with no mitigation at all enough?

I don't know if you are talking to Terror or me, I gain survivability form:
- Surgeons granite with 100% extra armor.
- Flat armor and life rolls on gear, I also have 98% increased armor and energy shield on boots
- Endurance charges form voll's devotion and discharge which then with an CwDT immortal call.
- Freezing and slowing enemies with arctic breath.
- Arctic armor helps mitigate some damage.
- CwDT Enfeeble and Molten Shell
- Saffell's Frame Helps to mitigate reflect with that +4% to all resistances, Along with a leveled purity of ice which also increases max res when at high levels

Any trouble with deaths?
I have had very little trouble dealing with any kind of deaths apart form reflect of screen while using GMP skills.
Leveling was a huge pain, Would not recommend it, But it is possible.
I died 193 times by the time I got to end of merciless act 4, most deaths were at act 4, most likely since not only did I not know any of the attack patterns or what does what type of damage since this was my 1st time doing act 4 also I was Lv 65 when I finished act 4 Merciless and I think the last zone was a Lv 70?
"
"
Newbie here, Would anyone kindly explain to me how is survivability achieved aside from trying to kill everything in sight as fast as possible? There is very little evasion bonus/energy shield bonus and no armor bonus from the tree, and even then, with EB, ES is no longer protecting my health - is 170% HP from tree with no mitigation at all enough?

- Flat armor and life rolls on gear, I also have 98% increased armor and energy shield on boots
- Endurance charges form voll's devotion and discharge which then with an CwDT immortal call.
- Saffell's Frame Helps to mitigate reflect with that +4% to all resistances, Along with a leveled purity of ice which also increases max res when at high levels

Any trouble with deaths?
I have had very little trouble dealing with any kind of deaths apart form reflect of screen while using GMP skills.
I died 193 times by the time I got to end of merciless act 4, most deaths were at act 4, most likely since not only did I not know any of the attack patterns or what does what type of damage since this was my 1st time doing act 4 also I was Lv 65 when I finished act 4 Merciless and I think the last zone was a Lv 70?

Thanks! I am currently trying to survive entirely off a granite flask and it seems okay so far. I hope Merciless wont tear me a new one. Thanks again!
"
"
"

Any trouble with deaths?

Thanks! I am currently trying to survive entirely off a granite flask and it seems okay so far. I hope Merciless wont tear me a new one. Thanks again!

Actually leveling is extremely easy with the correct items, you can start p;laying COC as soon as you hit level 38 and can use COC gem.

Dock run lvl 48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkubpsHl8zQ&feature=youtu.be

level 38 gear
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1315235#p10979147

skill tree level 38

I am really very surprised you said leveling was a pain. I think I died 1-2 times because I tried to face tank corrupted bosses.

It is most definitely NOT a problem.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Actually leveling is extremely easy with the correct items, you can start p;laying COC as soon as you hit level 38 and can use COC gem.

Dock run lvl 48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkubpsHl8zQ&feature=youtu.be

level 38 gear
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1315235#p10979147

skill tree level 38

I am really very surprised you said leveling was a pain. I think I died 1-2 times because I tried to face tank corrupted bosses.

It is most definitely NOT a problem.

Oh ok, I switched to CoC when I had 80% chance to crit with barge which was lv 68 for me until then I was using fire storm and flame totem, I was told they were amazing to level with but the totem die extremely fast even with minion life, and fire storms casting time got me kill a couple of times.
So with the nerf to HoT/HoE they seem to be quite shit at the moment, is running anger better for AB/FB?
IGN; HugeCocInYourFace (Warbands)

EU timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info