[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

You need to increase your attack speed if you are desynching. Its been mentioned at least a few times throughout this thread. I've also just added a note to the OP.
"
Terrornoid wrote:
You won't be able to sustain charges without Volls. You get one Charge per spell or attack with PCoC. Cold Snap can trigger multiple times per attack and is going to chew through your charges easy. No charge, no dice.

1512/150000 = .01%
.01 x 10s = .1 sec
.1 x 1.9 = .19 sec freeze

Ah... I was multiplying the % as a whole number rather than as a decimal. Dumb mistake, thanks.
Last edited by Blizzisme on Feb 12, 2015, 11:29:09 PM
"
Terrornoid wrote:
You need to increase your attack speed if you are desynching. Its been mentioned at least a few times throughout this thread. I've also just added a note to the OP.

Crud, I'm at the ~2.2 aps breakpoint too. Any specific range I should be shootin' for to reduce the desync?
I'm not sure exactly. Most seem to say that once you pass the breakpoint it gets much better.
how do you guys up your atk.speed in this build ? we are so limited in gear choices :O

also terror, you said you dont really need the 3g2b (5link) to get rolling with volls, but what else can you use ? im looking at your spell suggestions and all seem to require 3g and 2b, unless you wanna roll with something like barrage, coc, arc, freeze pulse, life leech, or something , but what will this clear lol
"
idrgz wrote:
how do you guys up your atk.speed in this build ? we are so limited in gear choices :O

also terror, you said you dont really need the 3g2b (5link) to get rolling with volls, but what else can you use ? im looking at your spell suggestions and all seem to require 3g and 2b, unless you wanna roll with something like barrage, coc, arc, freeze pulse, life leech, or something , but what will this clear lol

You can run tabula with PCoC.

For the desync issue, I've did some experimenting. At 2.2 or so, you get the optimal procs allowing you to achieve really good dps, but desync is huge. I put on haste and got a higher aps and desync was much less noticeable.

Edit: You can also run 3G + 1B + 1 whatever. Gem combos can be found under his explanation for chest. To be honest, you only need 2G for CoC and Barrage to run this build. If you don't have a third green, you can just run spells that don't require GMP, like cold snap, arc, ek, etc

Edit2: Increase attack speed with passives, gear, and local attack speed on wand.
Last edited by Unspec on Feb 13, 2015, 1:53:59 PM
@idr
You get attack speed by using a faster base wand. I'm at 2.8 with everything you see in this guide.

And regarding the coloring (in the guide, right below where you read):
"If you are rolling your colors, are running out of chromes, and land on something other than GGGBB, do not panic. Simply use a penetration of the appropriate color with the appropriate spell.
For example, GGGBR would be:
Barrage ○ Cast on Crit ○ GMP ○ Fireball ○ Fire Pen
GGGGB would be:
Barrage ○ Cast on Crit ○ GMP ○ Arctic Breath/Freezing Pulse/Ice Spear ○ Cold Pen

Of course, you could always go the EK or Discharge route (i.e. GMP-less) for a while as well. In short, you have options."
btw terror, is freezing pulse/ fireball your favorite set up ?
Wouldn't an Eternal flask be better for the regenerative flask? It heals a little less, but it heals at a faster rate
I like Fireball/Freeze Pulse best for clearing maps in most cases. FB/AB is still my goto for single target damage and I travel with both.

Eternal Flask heals too fast and doesn't balance with Righteous Fire correctly. It's better for me to stop the degen for a longer period of time, imo. If I wasn't using RF I'd possibly use one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info