[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

As a general rule, it doesn't matter which character you pick to start from. They have some pretty minor differences. Shadow and Scion basically have a few passive points that aren't locked into damage compared to the Witch. Thus, they can spend them for other stats. They can also complete the "core" build a bit sooner (with less damage.) Witch just has the most versatile [spell] damage (compared to Ele for Shadow and Projectile for Scion. Scion can also get spell damage, but it's much less efficient per point compared to Witch.)

I will try to elaborate in that section better as it is causing a lot of confusion.

Many people also seem to be concerned about Saffel's Frame and Rat's Nest compared to Rares. At this point (level 92), I will be moving towards testing Rare Helmets and Shields. At the least, I think a Rare Shield would be appropriate and is absolutely interchangeable with Saffel's in most cases. At the same time, while losing Rat's Nest really hurts, a Rare Helmet also have a large bundle of really appealing stats (Life, Accuracy, Res on a slot that previously didn't have Res, more ES/Mana, and even Stun Recovery if you don't have Unwavering.) I will be testing these but I imagine they are just fine as alternatives.

I will update the gear once I have tested answers.

I will also be updating the Flask section as I don't think people fully understand how fundamental they are to this build.

@Atheyd
Seething of Staunching
Surgeon's Divine/Eternal Life Flask of Staunching
Surgeon's Granite of Iron Skin (increased armor)
Surgeon's Res/Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline (movespeed)
Surgeon's Res Flask of Warding (curse immunity)

@SixOneFive
Trading Global Crit Chance for Spell Crit Chance will result in less damage, as you will be Criting less often with Barrage to even proc the spells that can take advantage of the Spell Crit.

@post
We run triple purities because we dont have the gear slots to get a ton of resists. Most other auras also don't benefit us. In the guide, I mentioned that you can do a 2 purity/2 herald split if you want more damage. Your gear will need to be spiffy or you will need to run a rare shield, gloves, or helm.
We run Life Leech in our 6L because it's just safer to always be leeching and because we need the extended duration on Immortal Call. We also do it because Curse Immune maps are really dangerous when you rely on Warlord's Mark.
I still RIP on occasion. Am I bad? :P (probably)
i have 5 free points and need to decide what to take unwavering stance or throatseeker?

from one side defense can't harm, from another more damage is better :)
Thank you for a simple clarification.
Started a new Shadow today, that I'll be slowly moving forward with.
What level should my CWDT/discharge/lifeleech/molten shell setup be? :)
@Nova
Really only saw a need for Unwavering @ Ubers and 77's+. You can always respec later.

@Athey
Around Max level.
So the idea of getting a 6 link volls is really not very good, don't play enough and rng hates me.
So Im not sure, but would using tabula with PCoC be better then 5 link volls? Then I can swap in life leech for a spell if required in harder maps/bosses?

After reading some stuff in the other shatter chunk lite thread, ppl were saying possibly using leech crafted on my wand and doranis belt or whatever would be enough leech to suffice to get off the ground anyhow.. Someone said 2% is enough
Last edited by Rant on Jan 22, 2015, 7:22:27 AM
@Addi
"Its also worth mentioning that a Tabula Rasa can be used to replace a 5L Volls as long as you use Power Charge on Critical as the 6th Link. It will not replace a 6L Volls. Tabula is just nice because it is often cheaper and won't restrict your Mana like a 5L Volls will. Just remember that if you are using Discharge in any way, your Power Charge generation is going to suffer."

And no, 2% isn't enough when you consider that Vaal Pact knocks it down to .8%. I don't know who is saying that but I don't think they have really tested it's mettle in some of the harder content. It'll mathematically cover reflect if you are Flasked up, but that's about it. I didn't like it when I tested it. If it worked, Shatter Chuck (the actual Low Life version) would be MUCH more accessible.
"
Terrornoid wrote:
@Addi
"Its also worth mentioning that a Tabula Rasa can be used to replace a 5L Volls as long as you use Power Charge on Critical as the 6th Link. It will not replace a 6L Volls. Tabula is just nice because it is often cheaper and won't restrict your Mana like a 5L Volls will. Just remember that if you are using Discharge in any way, your Power Charge generation is going to suffer."

And no, 2% isn't enough when you consider that Vaal Pact knocks it down to .8%. I don't know who is saying that but I don't think they have really tested it's mettle in some of the harder content. It'll mathematically cover reflect if you are Flasked up, but that's about it. I didn't like it when I tested it. If it worked, Shatter Chuck (the actual Low Life version) would be MUCH more accessible.

Vouch, 2% is way to low, dont know how someone can even say it's enough :S
"
ressiv wrote:

Reason why 2% was enough for Low Life Shatter Chuck was due to pre-nerf Acuity's

"
chowfan wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Reason why 2% was enough for Low Life Shatter Chuck was due to pre-nerf Acuity's

Definitely. It also does much more damage [than this build] to leech from.
Last edited by Terrornoid on Jan 23, 2015, 3:16:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info