Righteous Thunder Arcer

Before we continue, I'd like to thank FoxTactics for coming up with the original idea. Back in Ambush, his build was one of the most popular builds and it was amazingly tanky which made it suitable for Invasion. Obviously, I rolled into Invasion and made it to level 89, after which Palace Dominus touched me back to standard. After the leagues ended, I believe that 1.3 came and the skill tree changed drastically and everyone kept saying that the build it completely destroyed and unplayable. Even Fox decided to abandon the build and came up with new ideas. Well, while waiting for the new leagues and whenever I was bored, I hopped back on standard and worked on perfecting the build. This is the end result. Enjoy.

1.3 Passive Tree (10-04-2015)
Spoiler

Defences
Spoiler

Arc DPS (RF on)
Spoiler

Flame Surge DPS (RF on)
Spoiler

Gameplay video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3QNJ-oVdU

Sorry for the bad quality and low audio. This is my first time ever recording my gameplay and I just wanted to share my build with everyone. I wanted to make a video for a while now because I felt that just showcasing my items and posting a link to my build wasn't enough to attract people to check the build out and maybe give it a try. Finally, I have done it and hopefully you can finally get the idea of how strong the build is and how great its clear speed is. If you decide to follow my footsteps I wish you the best luck! :)

Changelog
"
10-04-2015 - After some more testing and playing around with gear, I swapped a ring I previously had and I re-allocated a few points. Basically, I dropped 20% lightning damage from the shadow area, as well as the 12% life next to the aura nodes in the shadow area. Instead, I picked up the scion life wheel in the hopes of hitting 6,000 life! I'm just a few more HP away though and with a new level I'll breach that number.

22-04-2015 - Taste of Hate acquired. I've also updated the screenshots to match the current ingame values. Be sure to check out my thoughts on the current beta changes and how they might affect the build and shape it in the future. Very interesting! :)
Last edited by McRazor on Apr 22, 2015, 4:58:55 PM
Very interesting build. I might do this in 1.3.
But, be honest is this build overall weaker or stronger this patch?

Also how do you run AA without clarity?
Last edited by Relytz on Dec 14, 2014, 2:37:44 PM
"
Relytz wrote:
Very interesting build. I might do this in 1.3.
But, be honest is this build overall weaker or stronger this patch?

Also how do you run AA without clarity?

It didn't necessarily got stronger DPS wise (+-2% imo) but it got a massive HP buff. I got 300+ life while the DPS stayed pretty much the same. And with the introduction of the new and interesting nodes in the templar area (mana cost, regen, etc), I think it's really been buffed.

Right now, as you can see I've got ~170 mana/s which is more than enough to cast arc/fs and run AA. Since I'm lightning warping at insane speeds around the map, I don't need that much mana regen. Even so, I can still walk 2-3 seconds before it turns off, in case of emergency when I need to dodge something, etc.

Will update with new stats and tree since I got to 95 and played a bit with it.
Last edited by McRazor on Jan 7, 2015, 12:43:17 AM
how can you sustain RF with only 6.2% life regen from the tree? I understand that you're using vitality etc, but I've been told it takes at least 9-10% life regen to sustain RF...
"
Skol wrote:
how can you sustain RF with only 6.2% life regen from the tree? I understand that you're using vitality etc, but I've been told it takes at least 9-10% life regen to sustain RF...

I made a spreadsheet with calcaulations for the exact amount of regen and degen but I don't have it with me so I can't tell you the very exact numbers. I think that I was degening 1hp/s or something like that and it was irrelevant. Now that I've leveled I took another regen node, just for the sake of it, although I could grab another life node instead.

Anyway, here's a short breakdown of the math and how I believe it goes. 6.2% from the tree and 1.7% from the vitality. However, I have 62% increased buffs which increases the regen from vitality but also the degen from RF. The main difference here, is the fire resistance. I believe that those numbers you've heard about are for 89% fire resistance and I have 92% which makes a huge difference. 75%+1% from tree+8% from RoTP+5% from PoF. My PoF is lvl 23 and with the 62% increased buff nodes, it gives me the additional 3% fire resistance, thus why I can sustain RF.
Last edited by McRazor on Jan 7, 2015, 5:44:03 AM
thx for getting back to me m8, 92 fire res op =D
"
Skol wrote:
thx for getting back to me m8, 92 fire res op =D

Yeah, no problem. If you can get a corrupted ammy with +1 to all or even a +1 to all lightning coil then you're in heaven. It would save you so much skill points.
ohh nice build.. I like so much arc and Rf that the combination of the two me sounds almost like magic. But I have seen, with these 4 empower leveled enough for me to give a tired just thinking about leveling or buy these gems
"
R_Marquardt wrote:
ohh nice build.. I like so much arc and Rf that the combination of the two me sounds almost like magic. But I have seen, with these 4 empower leveled enough for me to give a tired just thinking about leveling or buy these gems

You don't need lvl 4 empowers. They are not build enabling. You can do just fine with lvl 3 as well.
"
McRazor wrote:
"
R_Marquardt wrote:

You don't need lvl 4 empowers. They are not build enabling. You can do just fine with lvl 3 as well.

I know. I was just kidding xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info