Righteous Thunder Arcer

I reached level 70 now, and I have to admit, I loved this build. Simply magnificent. I already had a Crit Arc without RF and really is nothing compared to this. Thanks for the post :D
Last edited by R_Marquardt on Jan 27, 2015, 5:36:51 PM
A question. I want to get lvl 21 using arc vaal orbs. I just need to know if it is useful get 20 quality in arc before enchant?
"
R_Marquardt wrote:
I reached level 70 now, and I have to admit, I loved this build. Simply magnificent. I already had a Crit Arc without RF and really is nothing compared to this. Thanks for the post :D

You're welcome. If you need any help with the build feel free to ask. Mind posting your gear and stats? I remember that I transitioned into RF around level 74-75 although that was back in Invasion and the tree was a bit different.

"
R_Marquardt wrote:
A question. I want to get lvl 21 using arc vaal orbs. I just need to know if it is useful get 20 quality in arc before enchant?

Quality is nice, but in my experience it's not necessary. You won't really benefit from the 10% additional chance to shock because your damage is high enough and you already shock easily. That's at least true for me and I can see it by how often my Herald of Thunder procs.
Last edited by McRazor on Jan 28, 2015, 7:13:05 AM
nice
I apologize for my delay to post my stats in the game. I lost the link to this forum and forgot to come to search again. By chance, I had to seek the post to see an information and here I am posting my stats.

Gear
Spoiler

Offence
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler

I followed a skilltree a little different, and I used clarity beyond auras you use.
"
R_Marquardt wrote:
I apologize for my delay to post my stats in the game. I lost the link to this forum and forgot to come to search again. By chance, I had to seek the post to see an information and here I am posting my stats.

Gear
Spoiler

Offence
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler

I followed a skilltree a little different, and I used clarity beyond auras you use.

Looks pretty good! :) Finding the perfect jewelry is always the hardest. When I was searching for mine I would always search like this: life +70, cast speed and mana regen 40+ and for the necklace was even harder to find because you need high spell damage as well. When I searched I found this one for 55ex and a couple of subpar ones that I couldn't reach the seller. Once I collected the funds I decided to buy it and et-ex. Luckily enough, 2 et-ex later and I got the T1 mana roll. :)
Last edited by McRazor on Apr 7, 2015, 8:31:53 AM
Lots of troubles coming with 2.0. Right now, I feel like the build will lose some of its tankyness and possibly dome dps as well, although it's hard to say at the moment. Still, one fundamental thing with the change to EB will be Ghost reaver. I feel like it will be necessary to pick it up in order to sustain the mana/Es. Dropping EB would mean that we would also burn way faster so another option is to get rid of the ES gear and to pick up more regen, which means dropping some other nodes, probably life. So yeah, I think the build may work past 2.0 but I'm very scared and I have no clue what to do with it. I guess we'll have to see.

Possible tree

http://poeurl.com/zkMl3i3
Last edited by McRazor on Apr 22, 2015, 5:02:41 PM
Current changes that I've noticed that affect us from the CB:

Arc damage nerf
Current damage at lvl21 is 42–797 while the datamined gem shows 41-788. With all the +levels from Empower and The Vertex, the damage at lvl26 is 67–1266 while the new one is 66-1248. To be honest, the numbers aren't that bad and the nerf should be unnoticed with all the other buffs.

RF quality buff
Massive buff to RF supported spellcasters! The new spell damage per quality is increased from 0,75% to 1% per 1% of quality, which is amazing. RF hype!

1% SD Spell Echo buff
They increased the Spell Echo spell damage by 1% to make it a round number at lvl20, most likely. Some DEV seems to be OCD and feels sorry for all the people that weren't able to corrupt their gems to lvl21! :D

2% lightning and fire pen buff
Nice buff to the penetration support gems. 2% ain't much, but due to the mechanic of resistances it's a significant increase, especially against resistant mobs. Should provide a steady clear speed.

Flame Surge early dmg nerf, high level dmg buff
It will be a bit harder to level with Flame Surge, but since we use it as our secondary and single target spell, it won't be that much of an issue. Once we level it to 15, we hit the breaking point and from there Flame Surge starts getting more damage which is always nice. :)

Lower AA cost
Do I even need to comment on this one? With the mechanical change to EB, this is very much needed, especially since our lvl24 AA is mana hungry. The current beta numbers are a bit unclear and they don't seem to be properly imported, but from what I've seen the DEVS say, AA will in fact have a lower drain.

Conc. Effect quality change
Finally, the useless reduced mana cost is being replaced by something much more useful. BUT! In the end, all that happens is the reduced mana cost is basically removed. Since the implicit area damage has been nerfed by 10%, the 10% we get from 20% quality will just make it as it was before. Nerf? Buff? More like a nerf, to be honest, but I'd say it's fair.

Purities resistance buff
Our purities have gained 2% more resistance. Note, this is not +max, just 2% more so if you're already capped, you won't feel it but I guess it's useful for overcapping and against curses.

Vitality nerf
I've looked at the new values and they don't seem right. I think that they changed the numbers and that they nerfed it by quite a lot, 0,4-0,6% which equals to a passive point. ALong with the removal of increased buff effect nodes along with the aura nodes that we drop, I think that the regen from Vitality will be really low. However, note that we took about 3% more regen from the tree to overcome the issue of losing the +max res and lower Vitality regen values. In the end, we'll see how it all works together.

Herald of Thunder 30% mana reserved, added dmg to spells nerf, flat dmg buff
From what I've seen, HoT will reserve more mana and will add less dmg to our Arc and Flame surge but it will do more damage on hit with the raining thunder bolts. Still, I believe that this one has to be dropped in order to make enough room for the defensive auras.

Less Duration support gem instead of Reduced Duration??? RIP LW?
No notice about Reduced Duration but I've found a Less Duration gem. I feel like it will be a substantial nerf to our LW speed and overal map clear speed. It's nothing huge nor game breaking, but a very interesting and somewhat necessary change. Truth be told, LW along with FC and RD was insanely fast. :)

Take all of the above with caution as these are still subject to change because the numbers were datamined and not officially confirmed. As I already mentioned, with the changes to EB, I feel that Ghost Reaver will be necessary to keep the ES pool full in order to keep casting! While casting arc I feel like we will be able to sustain through the cost, including AA, but I feel that lightning warping around will be severely limited and will severely cut our clear speed as well. Here's a new tree I threw together. Overall, way way more efficient, with more life and much more damage. The only real difference will be the lack of the additional, 4th aura, in this case Herald of Thunder. The increased damage from the new tree should overcome that issue though. RIP automatic barrel and casket opening. :P

http://poeurl.com/zkL9I2Q

EDIT: One more important thing to notice. Obviously, with the addition of jewels the tree is way from finished and most of the highways will require a couple extra points to pick up. Since we're passing there, I might even consider picking up the jewel slots. Hopefully, I'll be able to craft some useful stats on it. The Jewels that we will be looking for are Cobalt jewels. They have most of the useful stats. Here's an example of a few good jewel mods.

Prefixes
Cast Speed+% with Lightning Skills
iLvl: 1: 3 to 5 (Electromantic)
Max Life+%
iLvl: 1: 3 to 5 (Spirited)
Spell Damage% Leeched as Life
iLvl: 1: 1 (Transfusing)
Faster Energy Shield Recharge+%
iLvl: 1: 4 to 8 (Serene)

Suffixes
Spell Damage+%
iLvl: 1: 6 to 12 (of Mysticism)
Lightning Damage+%
iLvl: 1: 8 to 16 (of Lightning)
Cast Speed+% while holding a Shield
iLvl: 1: 3 to 5 (of Warding)
Cast Speed+%
iLvl: 1: 2 to 4 (of Enchanting)
Last edited by McRazor on Apr 22, 2015, 5:02:52 PM
Added a gameplay video!
did the same build in AMbush, lvl 95 (obviously back then without heralds and stuff) and got 24k arc as far as i remember (should still have all the gear in standard) but was damn much fun

The next league i played crit arc and if you have the gear imo crit-arc is always better ann more enjoyable (given your items you have more than enough currency and items to make a crit arc work with better results i think). However nice to see someone else was inspired massively by FoxTactics build, loved it sooo much back in the days (just thinking there are better arc builds nowadays, nevertheless very nice to see :) )
Last edited by Hondepoep on Apr 23, 2015, 2:40:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info