"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
A better search tool is PoE Procurement
I said I didnt want to use this lol.
"
ffogell wrote:
So you dont want to use procurement because you dont trust it ?

I dont want to use any program, web extension like poe helper, or anything created by someone who does not work for GGG as part of what I use for accessing the PoE website or the game. Im not looking for a 'tool' to do it for me, I was asking a more technical question... wrong forum I guess

Well you could probably browse source and inspect element in chrome(tried to do it but its unreadable in my opinion and that is why extension or procurement exists)

GGG has a rest api so you could use it but then if you can't read code , i suppose you can't code either.

so It's a big NO.

With all the people using procurement , i doubt there is anything malicious into it. I could look into the source of procurement and tell you if x version is safe so you can use it but then the software evolve so it would have to been done on every version.

You can configure Procurement to work with your SessionID which you can obtain from this site when you're logged into it rather than having to enter your email & password directly into Procurement which I certaintly wouldn't want to be doing either. If the SessionID were stolen it couldn't be used to log into your account or change your password or anything else malicious.
My bad about suggesting Procurement. 2 questions:

1. Where do you find/look up the Session ID?
2. Where do the currency ratios come from and how up to date are they?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
A better search tool is PoE Procurement
I said I didnt want to use this lol.
"
ffogell wrote:
So you dont want to use procurement because you dont trust it ?

I dont want to use any program, web extension like poe helper, or anything created by someone who does not work for GGG as part of what I use for accessing the PoE website or the game. Im not looking for a 'tool' to do it for me, I was asking a more technical question... wrong forum I guess

If I get a chance over the holiday here in the states I'll look into their source code and pull out the relevant bits for ya
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....
"
RandallPOE wrote:
You can configure Procurement to work with your SessionID which you can obtain from this site when you're logged into it rather than having to enter your email & password directly into Procurement which I certaintly wouldn't want to be doing either. If the SessionID were stolen it couldn't be used to log into your account or change your password or anything else malicious.

Sounds nice. Gotta try this out.
"
Arrowneous wrote:

https://code.google.com/p/procurement/wiki/LoginWithSessionID
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Finding PoE SessionID in your browser

Thanks for the link.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Life without procurement sucked.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
It's completely safe to use Procurement now that I can use my PoE SessionID and not risk using my password. If Metronomy doesn't want to use it then that's his loss.

We're going to be breaking open the code this weekend for a laugh. It's in .NET I think (I may have forgotten which language) but whatever language , we'll pull out the relevant pieces and get it over to him.

Yours,
E

**EDIT** Yea it's in .NET so this will be a breeze to go through. I'm off to work!
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....
Last edited by elemenopy on Nov 26, 2014, 9:08:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info