Two One-week Rampage/Beyond Leagues Start this Weekend!

Are there any particular reason why the timing of these events, always follow American time and not European, Australian or another time zone?
As a European I find it quite annoying to have this start, and presumably end, in the middle of the night, where people with jobs and family, have absolutely no chance to participate.
People outside the preferred time zone get less time (if they require sleep) to achieve the same things and it seems quite unfair.
At least have the starting times change from league till league, so next time it starts in favour of the Australian or European
"
fiw7 wrote:
Are there any particular reason why the timing of these events, always follow American time and not European, Australian or another time zone?
As a European I find it quite annoying to have this start, and presumably end, in the middle of the night, where people with jobs and family, have absolutely no chance to participate.
People outside the preferred time zone get less time (if they require sleep) to achieve the same things and it seems quite unfair.
At least have the starting times change from league till league, so next time it starts in favour of the Australian or European

I've got work and family too, and I can only play at certain hours.
7x24 hours would give me 7x (whatever timeslot I can play) regardless of when the league starts/ends.

I am curious how it can be different for you?
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Nov 25, 2014, 9:04:50 AM
I like that it starts so late in Europe, at least I can still party on friday without losing much time. Probably just gonna go for 70 though, I hope I get some stash tabs. ://
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Nov 25, 2014, 9:13:54 AM
Can we just start the next 3 month league instead? :P
Looks good! :)
HYPE!!!

one more question. Does sharing a connection with some other also disqualify you on this event?
I live in a shared flat and my flatmates also play POE. Is it possible to get prizese if you share your internet connection, or does this work with your hardware id?
"Dead hardcore characters are eligible for prizes corresponding to the level they reached."

Noooo... Dead noobs shouldnt get any awards :(
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
Nutius wrote:
"
Fifth2301 wrote:
"
Thank you for making two different leagues for the people who enjoy softcore or hardcore and for giving us a choice.

However, I do not feel its appropriate that the prizes are drawn from the same pool and feel this simply takes away the incentive to play the hardcore version.

To me this feels like diminishing the hardcore experience because there's no "extra" benefit from playing hardcore except seeing your character die and go to standard and having to start over.

Please, at least make the prizes be drawn from two separate pools - this would also give people an incentive to play both softcore and hardcore as to have a higher chance of getting a prize.

Right now I feel inclined to just level a char to 70 in the 1w softcore (should take me like a day, two at most) and then go back to whatever I was doing in standard or hardcore because, why bother?

GGG, you need to rethink this.

^this.

I do believe that drawing rewards from same pool for both leagues will kill the interest of mid-lvl players in the HC version of the event. *snip*

Doesn't it say "In addition, the top five players (from each event) by experience will receive an alternate-art Demigod's Eye." ?
I think this means top five hardcore and top 5 normal, no?

For the rest of us (who won't get a top 5 spot) we enter the draw regardless of which league we play in, and if prizes are our motivation (it sure as hell isn't mine) leveling to 70 in standard and call it a day will always be the best tactics.

I did apologize in advance for my english, but I'm pretty sure that if you at least tried to read it carefuly, you'd realise that was not my point. Yes it is obvious that top 5 players from HC and top 5 from SC get demigods, that was never the point of my post.

Yes lvling to 70 in SC and calling it a day IS the best tactic, and that's exactly what I have a problem with. I'd rather play HC and I don't want to end up in the same bag with people like you (*faceroll SC, go home, collect rewards*).
Wasn't going to race..........but perhaps I will now.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Level 65: 10x All Alternate Skill Effects currently available (31 total)
Level 70: 10x All Weapon and Shield Skins currently available (13 total)

that's ridiculous. as ridiculous as Mjölner and mirrordrops. I hate rng.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info