Two One-week Rampage/Beyond Leagues Start this Weekend!

"
ephixa wrote:
Please consider opening up the demigod prize to top 20 or at least top 6. Competition always dies off late into the race because people give up.

Yeah.... at least normal demigod rings, even if they weren't alt art.

I had to take some time off work for the race (which was hard given the late notice with regard to date) and now that the details are posted, I find out that my 2 days of work (that I cant take off) put me out of contention for ANY rank based prizes (top 20 would still be very doable). With rewards stopping at 70 (I seem to remember the tickets stopping at around 85 before), I don't really see much of a reason to play more than 2 days to hit 70 and I've wasted the few vacation days I had left this year on a race I assumed I'd be able to compete in. I know the 2 week and 1 month had a similar prize structure, but all the 1-week races that I played had top 20 and I felt like I had a chance to guarantee myself something based on skill rather than leaving it up to the random drawing.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
Jentry wrote:
Thanks for offering a softcore version !

And I are very happy !

+1. Very pleased to see equality executed so completely: last time there was only SC until HC protested. Now it's the other way around. Sweet symmetry :)
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
dang, such nice prices even for casual players and i'm away for the whole week :-(
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
Why have both leagues drawing from the same prize pool? Would have been better off splitting the prizes equally between them.
Well not if your intention was to try and make them equal. If they had different prize pools then the one with less players would give you a better chance of winning prizes.

How are they equal now? The HC race will obviously have a lower population, and thus making it harder to progress as less items will be available. On the other hand, the SC race will be flooded with stuff, coming from both, players and bots (which will make it to 70 aswell, since its SC)

If you decide to play the HC race, not only you get rewarded with a harder enviroment, but also with a slap in the face.

Please split the prices between SC and HC.
"
The starting time in the PST timezone is 5pm Friday (November 28). This is 3am on Saturday in the Central Europe timezone. The leagues will end one week later.

Why the fuck do you hate europe so much? Give us at least one time some normal hour!!
Last edited by ald4r1s1 on Nov 25, 2014, 3:09:36 AM
"
ald4r1s wrote:
"
The starting time in the PST timezone is 5pm Friday (November 28). This is 3am on Saturday in the Central Europe timezone. The leagues will end one week later.

Why the fuck do you hate europe so much? Give us at least one time some normal hour!!

3am is wrong - should be 2am (if 5pm PST is correct)
but you're right - it sucks to always start in the middle of the night :(
"
BeRse wrote:
"
ald4r1s wrote:

3am is wrong - should be 2am (if 5pm PST is correct)
but you're right - it sucks to always start in the middle of the night :(

Seriously, some people will not be happy lest they find something to complain about. Tell me, if you won eleventy billions of money, you'd still complain that it's a hassle filling out the paperwork for bank account etc, right?
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Ok now this strikes me as fun. I've been dying to try beyond mobs but I can never bring myself to play HC leagues. Also, Prizes. :3
The usual suspects will rise to the top, but the way the event is set up, it's likely to attract the participation of many who wouldn't have otherwise bothered.

Thank you for that, GGG. Very cool.
"
tehnix wrote:
How are they equal now? The HC race will obviously have a lower population, and thus making it harder to progress as less items will be available. On the other hand, the SC race will be flooded with stuff, coming from both, players and bots (which will make it to 70 aswell, since its SC)

If you decide to play the HC race, not only you get rewarded with a harder enviroment, but also with a slap in the face.

You don't play hardcore for the prizes. It's not unfair that the prizes aren't split. It's not unfair because less items will be available, making it more difficult to reach the higher tiers, as you it appears you are suggesting.

You don't play hardcore because it's easier. You play hardcore because it's hardcore.

If all you want is XYZ tier, play SC.

Edited for rephrasing.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Nov 25, 2014, 5:06:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info