No Block/Ev Animation

...why are there no block or ev animations. D2 even had these, a game over a decade old.....its so weird to not know if you blocked an attack or evaded it...no true character feedback...i dont get it....seems like these are fundamental animations for any arpg game with these mechanics...
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Wrong place, pal. Try suggestions.

PS!
But Blizzard has heaps of money. GGG doesn't.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
does it really make that much of a difference that we need to have animations for it? Also remember with animations you can get locked in the animation if you are getting hit alot so that will prevent people from reacting and would be generally annoying.
Extra animations = extra lag. I'm fine without them.
A Belligerent Expert System
"
Rogomatic wrote:

If you have a toaster maybe -.-
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Rogomatic wrote:

Pfft, my setup plays Watch Dogs on Super Ultra 4k, but it can't play PoE smoothly.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
Rogomatic wrote:

I've got a microwave oven. Can I be cool too?
"
"
Rogomatic wrote:

PS!
Oh the irony, Miss Apathy. Did you ever notice that Dark Souls II has Morrowind/Quake graphics?
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
We already have ludicrous animations with 10+APS, how would it look if they were interspersed with hundreds of blocks, dodges, and evades?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
There is no evasion animation because that would definitely be OP in the right hands since you could count your evades and if you know your hit % chance then you can determine when the next hit will come and prepare accordingly (move away, use flasks, etc.). Especially for 1v1 against bosses.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 23, 2014, 10:09:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info