Hey uh armor sucks

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:
Evasion never sucked

XDDDDDDDD good joke.
Actually it was never anywhere near as bad as people thought it was except maybe in alpha/earlybeta
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:
Evasion never sucked

XDDDDDDDD good joke.
Actually it was never anywhere near as bad as people thought it was except maybe in alpha/earlybeta

Evasion used to suck badly for meta reasons. Mostly the accuracy issue was the problem. If you tried to build crit prior to accuracy changes, you were missing like almost 20% of your attacks.

Oh, and alot of dumb mobs couldn't be evaded before such as Shield Chargers/Rhoa Charge (I think that's how it used to be, I know shield chargers for sure). This made it practically impossible for Evasion to be useful because of how many RT mobs would just suddenly show up and murder you. Even with LC introduced it was still rough as fuck.

Trust me, Evasion used to suck, alot. Even now Evasion is really only better because Crit has been made king of damage. In truth, an armor character can reduce physical damage to literally nothing while an Evasion character is still taking damage. The issue now comes from spell damage, of which Evasion characters can deal with better because of layering phase acrobatics with spell block. On top of dealing with insane spell damage, armor characters also do dick for damage compared to an Evasion character for obvious reasons.
Last edited by allbusiness on Dec 4, 2014, 7:34:03 AM
"
Autocthon wrote:

Yeah, both primary defenses were useful most of the time, and they still are. Like I said, the problem is monster damage went up over time and the amount of armor we can have stayed the same. At the same time, monster accuracy never took such drastic leaps and we got all those nifty semi-auto immortal call setups we didn't have before.

I still say both defense options are pretty evenly matched, but the effort involved to get a working defensive setup going isn't.

"
allbusiness wrote:
Oh, and alot of dumb mobs couldn't be evaded before such as Shield Chargers/Rhoa Charge (I think that's how it used to be, I know shield chargers for sure).

Yeah, rhoas too, reflect also couldn't get evaded before. They could probably hear the collective 'hooray' all the way in their office when they made those adjustments.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 4, 2014, 7:36:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info