Discuss 6L, T1 crit, +3 Level bow gems

"
enveratise wrote:
It's a really good bow, but it's not the best base for it... currently. the two builds that take advantage of the prefixes prefer attackspeed over crit due to the nature of their attacks. I think that's why it probably won't sell.

I could imagine using an EA build, to proc shock on crit with lightning damage, then the lightning damage would proc EE, which would even increase the damage dealt even further. I'd still pick something like Quill Rain over this though. Quantity over Quality for this one.

you're better off using this yourself, OP. Or wait for a skill that does take advantage of it properly.

EDIT: Wait, you only posted this today? wait for a while, dammit. it's not exactly the hottest thing right now for it to sell in only a day.

Yea, 1 day, thanks. I guess you're right. Base doesn't matter... Except quill rain doesn't offer +3 to gems, right? Which is the only thing I have going for me despite the 6l.
So what makes the weapon desirable? It seems according to Poe.trade that 6l harbinger with no mods is 28 ex... Meaning there isn't a cheaper one with b/o. Using an explicit +3 bow gems mod only slightly increases value to 35... Not knowing how long it might take to sell I need to wonder if it's eorth the exalts to wait.

Edit: if you eliminate harbinger from the search you can find one for 25 ex...
Last edited by Duradil on Nov 22, 2014, 12:40:27 AM
Lets think of what skills/builds benefit the most from the bow, or the combination of the base/affixes.

Realistic possible choices are:

Explosive Arrow <--Faster would be better, and some issues with the crit proc, just not optimal I dont think, not terrible but not optimal.

Poison Arrow <--Doesn't need to crit

Barrage/Split Arrow <--Scale Physical damage by level, other affixes would be better than +level. Even if using an aura ele damage build

Elemental Hit <--Your best potential as a real skill used by the bow, either focusing on prolif or just raw damage. Elemental Hit may not be the best skill, but this bow is AMAZING for it.

Cast on Crit builds <--This Bow is amazing for them, its not as true as ele hit but all those levels on the spells would be awesome.

I think the choice is between the last two, so what affixes to add to the bow.

I searched for a mod table in google something like "poe affix spreadsheet"

+gems and +bow gems are both prefixes. Cirt chance is a suffex.

for prefixes, we can add a flat elemntal damage or do WED, or do phys damage and accuracy dual roll. In all cases but cast on crit, WED would likely be the best choice over a flat elemental damage.

Id add WED % for Ele hit. or the local phys dmg + accuracy for cast on crit.

For the two suffex, the their are some defensive/life or mana gain tools, crit multiplier, or attack speed, or dex.

If ur rolling a GG item, we can assume there will be at least reasonable other gear around, so Crit Multi and attack speed are likely your best bets for either build.

I think the Master Craft for multiple mods is a suffex, so you could put that on, WED, and Attack speed, and have the Best ele hit bow on the server for less than 3 more exalts, and you can always craft off the other stuff later.

+2 bow
+1 gems
+24%???? WED
+35% Crit Chance
+15%??? Attack speed
+More Master Mods

Ele Hit - Empower - More projectiles - Chain/peirce - Crit chance/crit multi/additonal accuracy/faster attacks/leech life/leech mana/blood magic Pick 2 for the last gems, or possibly enlighten/enhance if those are relevant, idfk.

If i had your bow Id try to do that, even if ele hit is not the best skill, give it the best run you can becuase its the best you can do with that weapon. Use your other 6L for a single target/kaoms/auras. Thats up to you.

If you go the cast on crit route, its fine, but i think then ud likely use your armor link for it, and a wand or dagger.

Optimize for what the weapon can be best at.

The other craftable Master mods could be relevant as well and havnt been taken into consideration yet, Projectiles return to you? ETC ETC. Good luck.

Just WOW. 40ex?, LOL, this worth more than 40ex.

Add attack speed or WED for Explosion Arrow and GG.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
"
robotamen wrote:
Just WOW. 40ex?, LOL, this worth more than 40ex.

Add attack speed or WED for Explosion Arrow and GG.

WED and local crit chance are useless for EA
"

Cast on Crit builds <--This Bow is amazing for them, its not as true as ele hit but all those levels on the spells would be awesome.

Only +1 works. +2 bow is a bit useless as it will only affect initial barrage or tornado shot for a tiny increase in dps.
I think I'd still prefer a windripper for coc bow.
oh what a silly oversite :( thanks for the correction
Just bought this for 20 ex which is fair market value -

Remember the stuff on poe.trade is what is NOT selling, those bows have been listed for months, no one is remotely interested at those prices.

So, yeah, find something to use the crit for to get a higher price. :)

But yeah, you can't scour it because it's insanely rare to roll +3.

Best of luck!
"
Sovyn wrote:
Just bought this for 20 ex which is fair market value -

Remember the stuff on poe.trade is what is NOT selling, those bows have been listed for months, no one is remotely interested at those prices.

So, yeah, find something to use the crit for to get a higher price. :)

But yeah, you can't scour it because it's insanely rare to roll +3.

Best of luck!

Yea..i mean, a 6L base harbinger is 20 ex based on search results. im not in a hurry to sell it...so it may just not be desireable enough for what it is. it might be rare, but the base and crit mean nothing for whatever buil would use it. if someone is interested hrow me a PM with ofer. otherwise its close to going to the scour pile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info