Radeon 6XXX Card Making Game/Pc Freeze

Now that i think about it..does anyone know if their are inherent differences between the higher tier Radeon cards and the less powerful ones other than the specs??

People on the forum with the 2xxx 3xxx 4xxx HD Radeon cards aren't reporting this issue.

I dont know my graphic cards well enough to tell
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I have an AMD Radeon 6550m card and I use catalyst control center to control my settings. When I first opened the game it was frozen but would update when I minimized it and still play sound and allowed me to adjust settings. The problem fixed when I changed changed the 3d setting for SMOOTHVISON HD:Anisotropic Filtering to match the the default x2 anisotropic filter setting in the game.
This happened to me when I used the latest drivers for my Radeon 4770. Sometimes the system just hung, other times the VPU recover activated then I got a bluescreen. Rolling back from catalyst 13.1 to 12.8 worked for me.
Regarding the specific rollback of catalyst software how would i go about doing that? i will try both of those suggestions and get back to you guys with the results.
Hey man, I may have found a fix. I'll copy-paste from my thread...

"
Ok, so I may have found a temporary solution!

Currently my game is able to run fine, for at least 3 hours, using the following methods:

1.) Change the target path to "..." --nosound

2.) Turn shadows off.

3.) Disabled my not-onboard sound driver.

If 1-3 = True, then game runs.

If 1, 2, or 3 = False, then game crashes computer.

Also my buddy who was having no problems suddenly started having BSODs today. After following the 3 steps above, he too is able to play without crashing. (But without sound or shadows sadly)
Last edited by Mordraken on Feb 8, 2013, 1:57:10 AM
in the catalyst control center,it only gives the option to override the application's anisotropic settings then asks what level to set it to 2x 4x 8x 16x. So i shouls override the apps setings and set it to 2x?
wooo! good job mordraken im going to have to try try that!
so i tried that fix,it actually seemed to help for a little while ...then..crash.exact same crash. :/ so discouraging thanks for the effort though
What graphics settings do you have Wretch?

Maybe that has something to do with it.
i kept all the graphic card settings in catalyst as the default so im using whatever those are. I can run all the current games in max settings without a hitch :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info