[1.3]Bouncy's Turbo Leap Slam 55k tooltip dps budget build

why would you do that?

i was bored of dom farming or mapping with my other chars so i decided it would be silly and fun to play a high speed leap slam build. it is both those things, and far more effective than i anticipated. i had 17k tooltip dps around lvl 75 with a mediocre maul, lvl 17 0% gems, 5linked(with the wrong supports even), and gear i had been using since around lvl 40. buying a decent maul for 1ex and making a 6l using conc effect brought me up to 40k. a number of people asked me about the build, so i thought i'd share it here

"Turn the word into a Bouncy Castle"

point of the build is incredibly fast, high damage, and large aoe leap slams.

this build is tons of fun to play and trivially cheap, certainly not atziri viable, but good for a new player or an experienced player that wants to blow of some steam with a silly char.
with the exception of 1 ex for a new maul(which i socketed and linked myself) this build is pretty much entirely solo/self-found.

35-40k should be easy to get with a 5L, i'm currently at 55k, 75k while flasked.

dps

mechanics explained

leap slam has a pretty unique mechanic as far as physical attacks are concerned, it has a set speed unaffected by base weapon speed. so a slow weapon will do more damage than a faster weapon with the same dps. however attack speed modifiers and attack speed suffix on weapon do affect leap slam's base speed. so as far as weapons go we just need to focus on high base damage and bonus attack speed. (ideally over 20%)

pros and cons

incredibly fast
bouncing everywhere
high aoe dps
rares with reflect are not an issue
most things die before they can hit you
great for solo
can handle almost all map mods
devourers tend to spawn behind you as you leap or as corpses underneath you
it's just fun

bit of a glass jackhammer, lacking health/armour, but not as bad as pre-patch
have to go slow on fracture maps with large packs or risk dc when too many mobs die at once
desyncs happen
not hc viable
doesn't work well with no regen map mod
mana intensive
mobs that explode on death can be unhealthy if there`s a pack of them.

passives

bandits:
oak - kraitlyn - skill point

22 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGc7KL68A5aC5G49kBFgQ4qvgwlKyG6qtfI1kti9_gq3PsauPC1M_69saPI=
grab harrier and start making your way to amplify in the templar area

55 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGc7KL68A5aC5G49kBFgQ4qvgwlKyG6qtfKpbjWSeA1sRti9vopybP4KAdwyCbc-hNnGrkGHqZRHfjwt-eiHar02xPZM_5BsZU1yqa9sqSe-p_cyaPLqGHzZ8B9R5qIAd1MEszs7wGaexZ_f73w=
pick up amplify, make your way over to bone breaker and, then work towards berserking and dualist nodes.

80 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGc7KL68FbgDloLkbj2QEWBDiq-DCUrIbqq18qluNZJ4DWxG2L2-ilivcmz-CgHcNugyCbc-hNnGrkGHqZRHfjwt-eiHar02xPZM_5BsZU1yqa9sqSe-p_cyaPJhIeoYfNnwH4TvUeaiABvIdO13U7QvBLNDMXrvOzshNMBmtkEFLZ7FQT-f304qYEvvfCmlXhMhVdw9LPsHdYoiwKYnIA==
finish the marauder mace wheel, then focus on getting dualist two-hander wheel and ir.
after that focus on aoe/damage/defences depending on what you need.

ele dam nodes are optional, you can try for bloodletting cluster, more phys dam, or more defensives according to your play style.

gem links

5(6) leap slam-concentrated effect->multistrike->melee physical damage->added fire damage->(faster attacks)
3 clarity->reduced mana->blood magic
4 reduced mana->hatred->herald of ash->elemental proliferation
4 cwtd->increased duration->enduring cry->immortal call

all the links on leap slam except for faster attacks are multiplicative of your damage instead of just additive.
weapon elemental damage gives more dps than faster attacks, but faster attacks is more fun.

hoa and prolif are not required, but it`s a nice little something extra.

this leaves your chest open for whatever you like, i currently run a second cwtd with enduring cry, molten shell, inc aoe and a curse.
none of my gems have any quality except for conc effect, which really helps with sustain.

gear

weapon- focus on base damage and bonus attack speed, +level to melee gems is fine too.

you want to focus on getting enough mana regen to leap constantly(mana leech really helps), some int, capping resists, and then whatever attack speed arm/evasion/life you can get.
no uniques are required, tho there are plenty that work well. voidholm could even conceivably work for this, low damage, but very high attack speed modifier.
i recently switched from Asenath's Mark to Dovoto's Devotion, less dps, but more defences.

potential variations

bor for a much easier 6link+blind which can be helpful and having a chest isn't really that important.
axe or sword, should not be too hard to rearrange passive spending for an axe or sword build, which also opens up the option of getting a weapon with bleed master crafted instead of hybrid dmg/accuracy, or atziri's axe. if you get bleed, cwtd-frost nova-knockback-knockback totem could be fun, though probably not needed with all the knockback from leap slam.

tried an axe variant with a 5L Atziri's Disfavour, had 40k dps and the bloodletting wheel, but it just didn't have the speed i've come to know and love, so i went back to mace.

video of a quick plateau run

this is obviously my first time posting a build, so any questions or constructive comments are welcome.
Last edited by Xavqwyrus on Mar 4, 2015, 10:43:16 AM
updated for 1.3
Hey cool build wanna try that too :3
But im kinda new and have one question: How do I level that build? (Which Gems and stuff)
Thanks in advance x3

Greetings,

Fehmilu
i used molten strike until lvl 10 when i could equip leap slam. lvling uniques were useful for ias helm/gloves and mana regen amulet(and didn't need to be changed till late in act3 merc).

any 2h mace will do at start, so hymn, baptism, quecholli, or even brightbeak will suffice till you can use a decent ias 2hander.
link priority and passives are listed above.

i think this might be great item for this build thx to hits cannot be evaded
aliiiii
what item is that?
This build look fun, I'll give it a try !
Thanks !
Nice Build mate, keep it up!
I modified it a bit. More tanky but lesser dps: Endu Charge on Melee Stun(4 Charges) and Blood Rage(4Charges). Only 7.5k dps at Lvl 65 but "safer" to play in my opinion. Need some more testing but i think its another viable option.
Can Marohi Erqi Karui Maul be used with this build? Any drawbacks?
"
BilboBallsack wrote:
Nice Build mate, keep it up!
I modified it a bit. More tanky but lesser dps: Endu Charge on Melee Stun(4 Charges) and Blood Rage(4Charges). Only 7.5k dps at Lvl 65 but "safer" to play in my opinion. Need some more testing but i think its another viable option.

that seems incredibly low, mind sharing your tree and maul?

"
emaster wrote:
Can Marohi Erqi Karui Maul be used with this build? Any drawbacks?

nope, it has -attack speed, this build only works well with a decent amount of +attack speed on the weapon.
Last edited by Xavqwyrus on Mar 4, 2015, 3:00:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info