I'd prefer PoE to be P2P if we could have a better quality game.

I think the only problem P2P (I guess you don't mean peer to peer) would solve is the influx of people who install the game, don't like it and then lurk in the forums and complain.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Are there purchasable custom leagues yet?

P.
I've spent over 300 dollars on this game, most games I won't ever spend more than 60. Their monetization scheme is fine and I expect going p2p at this point would be the worst decision they could possibly make. I would sure as hell stop playing and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. I'm not interested in being forced to play x amount of hours of y game every month to make sure I'm getting my money's worth for that month. That buiness model can go fuck itself along with the pay to win shit that most other f2ps use.

The reason desync hasn't been fixed is the underlying problem is intractable with the constraints they've placed on the game. It's not a lack of resources, it's just reality. The reason for the other problems people complain about likely has a lot more to do with what makes business sense than anything else. Let's say for example that they discover an optimization problem that affects a tiny percentage of the playerbase. Does it really make sense to put a programmer on it for a few days to fix it when that programmer could instead be fixing a critical bug or writing a new feature that will help draw in thousands of new players? Programmers are a finite resource and businesses need to use them efficiently to do well. You also can't just throw money at the problem and add more programmers because training new programmers on the code base puts a drain on the team and adding more people to a project gives you diminishing returns anyways because of coordination issues.

So in short, if poe went p2p, you wouldn't have a better quality game. You'd have the same game with a dramatically reduced population.
To be honest i never played game which desynced this badly.
"
majesw wrote:
I too am sorry for "problems". Game works great for me!

Dafuq?

You calling GGG and the rest of the players liars?
It's no secret, or anything GGG deny, that the game has problems.

"
blubbber wrote:
what problems?

plus I already paid more for this game than for any other game ever (grandmaster pack coming xmas if all goes to plan) and I did so precisely because of the lack of p2w or p2p

Indeed have I.
Probably ~$1k and even multi-year subscription, + bought xpacs didn't get anywhere near that, by a long shot.

But who knows how many haven't spent a dime? Could GGG make more as P2P? I don't know. But what's for sure, they couldn't really charge for the game as it is (no, really, it's only that it's free why it isn't the laughing stock because of how bad desync is, add in death penalties and patch after patch of worsening/aggravating sync and they would take a lot of shit from the gaming world).

The money they have received certainly hasn't fixed the issues and probably can't.
PoE2? Maybe, maybe they'll learn a lot from PoE current and not make the same mistakes. Something tells me, though, that stubborn won't change.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 31, 2014, 1:50:11 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
majesw wrote:
I too am sorry for "problems". Game works great for me!

Dafuq?

You calling GGG and the rest of the players liars?
It's no secret, or anything GGG deny, that the game has problems.

Blind fanboys gonna blind fanboy.
"just for try, for see and for know"
I tell my students all the time... they're not problems, they're opportunities.
Would've GGG made more money if PoE was P2P? I really doubt it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
OP makes the assumption that GGG is having money problems.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
I'm glad for what I have honestly. Nothing else like PoE, problems or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info