I'd prefer PoE to be P2P if we could have a better quality game.

They actually earn much more than they could with p2p by selling extremely high priced cosmetics.
Last edited by Ormagoeden on Oct 31, 2014, 1:59:27 PM
If poe was P2P a lot of people couldn't enjoy it :P

Also microtransaction model yields a lot of income when you have a quality product (which i think POE is, it has flaws but it provides a good quality game).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Without giving up all your profits to publishers, distributors and best buy I bet small time companies like GGG wont even get wont even be on store shelves. I 1000% sure this model generates more revenue for them. Maybe next time, with PoE 2, when they have more negotiating power due to installed user base.

Not sure what you mean by better quality. I rate it as good as any AAA title.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 31, 2014, 4:00:35 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
As i proposed once before

A cotisation for X problem would be nice

People that buys points see their funding devided in 2

50% that goes for GGG discretion (general running and maintenance)
50% that goes to fix/improve what the player decides

so if you buys a 20$ pack
you have 10$ investment in where you want, personnaly id put it in desync fix

desync is a design choice according to Chris' blog I read. They could fix it tomorrow.

"
Trust the client. This means people can cheat, but the results are instant. We will not do this.....

Games using client action prediction like ours run into exactly the same sync issues that we do unless they cheat on certain aspects of the simulation. For example, it's common for Action RPGs to do some combination of the following:
Entities can hit each other from a long distance away
There's no chance to hit - all hits occur for sure
Various speed/collision concessions that make it easy to speedhack and/or walk through monsters with modified clients
Attack animations cannot be interrupted (i.e. what we treat as Stun).

Unfortunately, we don't want to do any of those things!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 31, 2014, 4:08:58 PM
GGG went with this business model because it yields higher profits.

When there are major concerns with the game, they can default the problem and say the game is 'free to play, so resources are limited'. People see this response and think that it is reasonable and won't complain nearly as much and the problem MIGHT be fixed eventually.

People that say there are no on-going issues with this game are people who fail to view the game with objectivity. These people are blinded by their happiness of 'not having to pay for a great game' but are shelling out 100's of dollars for a necessary component of the game(Stash Tabs).

It's ridiculous and I cringe when people talk about how great the business model is. It's a great business model to pray on the vast majority of the suckers by making them think they are in control.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
I think of the desynch as a diminishing return option in game, so u don't kill too fast..

So i can sleep at night..
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
personnaly id put it in desync fix

You are a Beta Supporter and dont got it that desync can never ever be fixed ?

Wow first time today on Forums or what you have done in the Past?

Chris stated allready: DESYNC WILL NEVER EVER BE COMPLETE REMOVABLE IN POE!

^They could launch a new term. C2P

Cheap 2 play, aldo, nobody likes to be called cheap.

But i agree, a small fee upon entry would solve so many issue's, the forum atmosphere being the last important one.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I would have paid an initial fee to download and paid a monthly subscription ..... originally in closed beta.
Last edited by Temper on Oct 31, 2014, 9:45:27 PM
Ethical free to play has worked for the PoE brand. They can stick it to the man with something like this (remember that epic april fool's joke about going pay to win).

Even if GGG doesn't get the gameplay/polishing perfectly (they have many issues), the bussiness side is genius.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info