[1.3] [Video] Sea of Flames Burning Discharge | fast clear | Budget | High hp

anyone have tried this on bloodline?
i am currently leveling the tree as is, but still very low lvl +- 40, any tips on modifing the tree slightly to make it good for HC?

thanks =)
Huh, I though pyre shattered when you hit an ignited enemy, not when you ignite, otherwise the inc burning damage would be a redundant stat on it.
They shatter when they die. So you can still have burns on a mob, but once it dies, it no longer proliferates. This means that high hp or high resist targets will be harder to kill because you can't just proliferate a burn from a dead white mob beside it.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me
Would a q20 Ice Nova possibly be better than Ball Lightning here (as I saw on another Discharge thread)? Ball Lightning has a bit more reach, but a high quality Ice Nova should cover about every monster that will get hit by your Discharge anyway - in all directions!
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Not sure if anyone has pointed in this forum. But this is a very old build principals and mechanics are the same nothing's has hanged really. The tree partially and adding MoM/arctic armor. The old one was based on using Iron reflexes/grace/.determinatin to deal with phy. The old build used a searing 6l this one a doryanis. No different only a tree. I am planing on making a 6l varient of the searing idea. But just for fun is goin to have 3 marks curses +.
"
scrooge999 wrote:
Would a q20 Ice Nova possibly be better than Ball Lightning here (as I saw on another Discharge thread)? Ball Lightning has a bit more reach, but a high quality Ice Nova should cover about every monster that will get hit by your Discharge anyway - in all directions!

Hey sorry for the late response. But yeah, it's just down to preference I guess. I like ball lightning better because it travels further and doesn't expand in a circle, because I'm usually not in the middle of a pack of mobs.
Also I think the cast time for Ice Nova is a bit longer.
"
Sandeerrr wrote:
I like ball lightning better because it travels further and doesn't expand in a circle, because I'm usually not in the middle of a pack of mobs.

But...if you're not in the middle of a pack of mobs...why run Discharge at all? ;)

Anyway, looking forward to trying this build on my 76 Templar with a respec once Torment ends. I've always liked Discharge and this seems really solid. Anyone want to share some experiences with this build after 1.3?
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"
Sandeerrr wrote:
I like ball lightning better because it travels further and doesn't expand in a circle, because I'm usually not in the middle of a pack of mobs.

But...if you're not in the middle of a pack of mobs...why run Discharge at all? ;)

Anyway, looking forward to trying this build on my 76 Templar with a respec once Torment ends. I've always liked Discharge and this seems really solid. Anyone want to share some experiences with this build after 1.3?

Because you proliferate a burn, so you only need to hit a couple mobs ;)
Build got slightly buffed in 1.3 imo, don't play it much anymore though, since it's on standard now.
whats the overall chance to ignite on this build? is it just the gem that gives it? i was thinking of taking some ignite chance nodes
Last edited by alkoxide on Mar 25, 2015, 3:11:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info