[1.3] [Video] Sea of Flames Burning Discharge | fast clear | Budget | High hp

Changelog

19/12/2014 - Updated the build for 1.3 - 1.3 was an overall buff to the build basically, getting even more elemental damage while still maintaining good life and more than enough mana regen, new tree updated.

29/11/2014 - Dropped discipline for purity of fire to help against reflect (do this when mana regen is high enough without discipline)

04/01/2014 - Added levelling section

Welcome to my quick build guide to my burning discharger, this build relies on lowering the enemies' fire resist to the lowest amount possible to double dip on the initial hit of discahrge and on the burning damage that it does.

Pro's/Con's
+ Easy to level
+ Cheap
+ Fun to play, not your regular, boring 1-click attack build
+ High hp
+ Huge burning damage, 1 shot every pack and most bosses with over 40k burning damage per second

- No Vaal Pact so reflect can be a problem if you don't pay attention (I've never died to it, so perfectly doable)
- Not sure whether it's hc viable because there's no constant leech, hp jumps up and down sometimes
- Not Atziri viable (I think, haven't actually tested it but she can't be burned...)

Tree (lvl 90)

Levelling
Spoiler
Levelling goes best with a searing touch and any fire traps or flameblast.
A +1 wand works well too in early levels. I started using discharge at around level 55.
This is just the way I levelled, but it doesn't really matter how you do it. Just pick up life when you feel like you need it and damage when you feel like you need it.
Get mind over matter only when you can have high enough mana regen and get EE and dual curse when you have a 4L ready dor it and are using flameblast or Discharge with ele prolif.

25 points

50 points

70 points

92 points

Bandits
For bandits we go Oak/passive/Oak

Current gear
Spoiler

Note that this build can be done without a Doryani's catalyst, but the damage will be a little lower. Focus on a good wand or sceptre with a lot of elemental/ fire damage to double dip on burning damage.
You can mastercraft fire leech if you want.

Offense
For offense we use a couple of skills. When we run into a pack we first cast enduring cry + spell echo to get up to 7 endurance charges to use with either discharge or immortal call (see defence).
After that we use ball lightning with curse on hit flammability and elemental weakness (and elemental equilibrium), currently I lower resists by 128%, meaning basically all monsters get negative fire resistances.
This negative double dip allows us to boost the inital hit of discharge, and the burning damage, which results in huge burns that basically kill anything in 1 burn, including most bosses.
I've 1 shot the crematorium boss, the first stage of piety in shrine, the shipyard boss and many more.
We also have an emergency flameblast setup for when there's not enough monsters around to gather endurance charges.

Currently my calculated burning damage per second for discharge is 42k for a mob with 30% base fire resist.

Defence
For defence we mainly use Arctic Armour with MoM and a big life pool. Currently I have 4.7k life and 1.3k mana unreserved for a total effective hp pool of 6k!
We can easily level up arctic armour to lvl 20 with EB and mana regen on gear.
Without endurance charges and granite flask I have only 5% damage reduction but when I have 7 endurance charges and my granite up I got 69% phys reduction. This + aa and MoM means not a lot of phys damage is being taken.
Another thing we can do with endurance charges is use Immortall Call for phys immunity for a respectable amount of seconds (I use this for academy boss for example).
With Doryani's belt + sceptre I also get 2% fire leech which is nice

Gameplay video
lvl 77 shrine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMFmai_DNfI&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Sandeerrr on Jan 4, 2015, 2:18:38 PM
Since you go EB, how you think a Cloak of Defiance would work?
I'm not sure it's needed as your DPS is quite good already, however using a Romira's Banquet, taking a couple power charges, and taking Avatar of Fire would give you a pretty nice DPS increase. It's also all right along your current build path.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Since you go EB, how you think a Cloak of Defiance would work?

Yea that would definitely work, it means you can skip some point at the bottom of the tree that we spend going to the MoM passive and spend those on something else.
I decided to get the passive instead of the cloak though so I can get a higher es chest and it's close to an endurance charge so the routing is pretty efficient but you can use CoD if you want.
"
Dmillz wrote:
I'm not sure it's needed as your DPS is quite good already, however using a Romira's Banquet, taking a couple power charges, and taking Avatar of Fire would give you a pretty nice DPS increase. It's also all right along your current build path.

I feel like it's not really worth it, since it will only give you about 20-25% chance to crit which isn't really reliable if you do big single hits.
Feel free to try it out though, I'd be interested in seeing the results.
"
Sandeerrr wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:

I feel like it's not really worth it, since it will only give you about 20-25% chance to crit which isn't really reliable if you do big single hits.

No no, you don't use it for the crit. You use it to get 5 power charges, and convert the damage of them to fire for a much bigger initial hit + burn!
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Sandeerrr wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:

No no, you don't use it for the crit. You use it to get 5 power charges, and convert the damage of them to fire for a much bigger initial hit + burn!

Ooh that makes sense, I feel stupid now haha. That's not a bad idea actually, might do some testing with that, even though I dont really need the damage and will have to get rid of some life or fire damage nodes.
Last edited by Sandeerrr on Oct 30, 2014, 3:09:16 PM
What is your damage with 7 endurance charges (if you look in-game at the tab)?
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
What is your damage with 7 endurance charges (if you look in-game at the tab)?

The tooltip only says 12k damage for discharge, but the whole idea behind this build is using curses and elemental equilibirum to boost damage through negative resistances and double dipping so that doesn't really mean anything.
Burning damage against normal monsters is 42k
Could I possibly get a leveling tree? Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info