Mathil's Crit and Non Crit Ball Lightning/Vaal storm call

Does the non-crit build offer more survivability? Life/armor/evasion? I'm going to try this build in bloodlines and I'm trying to figure out if I should go non-crit or crit.
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
Does the non-crit build offer more survivability? Life/armor/evasion? I'm going to try this build in bloodlines and I'm trying to figure out if I should go non-crit or crit.

The non crit version will give you more life and will be less dangerous versus reflect.
It should be more safe.

But the non crit version seems to have less clear speed than the "instant destruction" of the crit version. The ability to kill monsters packs instantly is very good for survivability.

Anyway for an hardcore league I would suggest to choose the non crit version because it should be more efficient with average stuff and defensive focused stuff than the crit version (which requires items focused on critical strikes chance).
Last edited by eteule on Jan 23, 2015, 1:07:04 PM
I love this build. I'm playing the noncrit version but I picked up Vaal pact and some more life. Using pledge of hands and I love it. The clear speed and survivability are great. I play on torment because my computer doesn't handle PoE super well and my only deaths are to lockboxes (2). I opted to avoid lightning pen until I had a 5L pledge with Life Leech to avoid casting into a reflect pack. I love it.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
-Snatch
Currently 65 in Bloodlines following the crit build. It's a very solid build with incredible dps. Survivability is somewhat lacking but that was my choice for going crit.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Once I hit 68 I'm going to go vaal pact and start dual wielding these:
Spoiler

Current Tree:
Did non crit version at bloodlines with
and while it isn't bad i still think crit builds are way to go..
Not doing a Lightning build if anyones interested in this amulet
I ended up dying in Bloodlines but I had a lot of fun with this build, so I decided to re-level in Torment. I went crit and currently level 81. Dps is ~3k which sounds low but it clears very quickly. Once I level my gems more and put points into the lightning damage cluster my dps should shoot up by a lot.

Five linked my chest last night. Next step is to buy an Atziri Belt, better daggers and jewelry. Maybe voidbringer gloves at a later stage.

Gear:
Spoiler

Current Tree:
Hey guys,

i'm currently level 65 with the non-crit version of the build and it's pretty awesome so far. However, ele reflect is a huge threat right now and almost kills me instantly :/ Can someone please tell me how to avoid it except Life Leech on a 5 link?
Thank you!
"
Cairen wrote:
Hey guys,

i'm currently level 65 with the non-crit version of the build and it's pretty awesome so far. However, ele reflect is a huge threat right now and almost kills me instantly :/ Can someone please tell me how to avoid it except Life Leech on a 5 link?
Thank you!

Topaz flask, Atziri's Promise and Vaal Pact.
Hello, I want to share a change that improved the build a little bit :

Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark
On this build you can deal without Reduced Mana.

The classic combo is Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + Reduced Mana.
The drawback of this classic combo is that Herald of Thunder has a low range and it may be difficult to curse your ennemies before you kill them and it may be difficult to maintain your power charges.

With the two Heralds linked together, you will have absolutly no probem to maintain your power charges always up because the explosions of Herald of Ice will curse all the ennemies around even at very long range.
You will also have more ennemies cursed and the final result is more DPS.

I have hit level 89 (on my way to level 90) with a modified critical version of this build, that's the most powerfull and fun build I have played.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info