[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

"
Aggnog wrote:
Like it said in that post its more tooltip dps but does it really beat cold pen on a pure cold ice nova?

Pen is 48K dps. I basically doubled DPS with c2f

Considering pen is like ~40% more DPS AT MOST with and enemy with zero resits 100% more is way better.

Also keep in mind chaos is very infrequently resisted in this setup.

Basically pure ice nova + pen not even close to this

Git R Dun!
defenses w. vaal grace

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2015, 4:37:41 AM
Why is Sweep better than Vengeance? Wouldn't that be much more comfortable not having to cast Fortifiy manually?
edit: nvm, doesn't work
Last edited by eXecut1on on Jul 14, 2015, 6:53:09 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Phloozy wrote:
I am trying to make Ice Nova work for leveling but I am having trouble. At level 43 i am using a 4L with Ice Nova-Conc Effect-Spell Echo-Cold Pen. I am having trouble killing mobs but if I swap spell echo with glacial cascade things melt. Obviously if you can 1 shot things Nova will be way better but for leveling I am having trouble.

Basically my question is do you level with nova and at what point does it become more effective to use?

around 20K dps it gets good. otherwise you must supplement dam. I like fire traps + pen

and like u say for single target have a 4L GC.

Only at like 2k haha, but its only lvl 11 and on a 4 link :P getting there
IGN PoopyPotter
What are everyones thoughts on a Dual Totem Ice Nova build for HC? Similar SP build to Flame totem?
HEhehe Really want a beta key :D
"
eXecut1on wrote:
Why is Sweep better than a Counterattack? Wouldn't that be much more comfortable?
EDIT: Wrote Autoattack instead of Counterattack lol

+1
How does the leech changes effect this build? I really want to run this build to start 2.0 in warbands. But I am afraid of the defense and the leech changes. Since my dps will probably only hit 20k
I might make a change - added choas for emp4 so I can swap for LL on reflect map.

One interesting thing I noticed last night mapping was I needed NO POTS with LL on reflect map. Thats awesome. before needed to pot before engaging mobs even with LL gem in 1.3. So leech is actually better now for this build. Makes sense in a way.

now 4% LL instant

where as before it was 14.9% x .40 = 5.96% LL instant but reflect hit harder and we did not have 46% spell dodge either!!

I'll make a bunch of vids this weekend with all map mods, ziri etc. I work full time and then some but reflect no issue now.
Git R Dun!
Is it possible to start with this character as a budget build? Or is it not viable at all without the ~10 exalt worth of gear?
"
Is it possible to start with this character as a budget build? Or is it not viable at all without the ~10 exalt worth of gear?

I'm playing this build from start in warbands and it's working out fine, even if I don't have any of the gear from this build. So it does work without the recommended gear, although I went for the dual curse in the tree a bit earlier since I didn't have the boots.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Last edited by Tahreyn on Jul 14, 2015, 7:30:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info