[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

"
schmalka wrote:
I said up until now because I feel like I'm facing a wall: My damage isn't really improving anymore and I'm dying more often than I'd like to admit. (Currently running lvl 74-75 maps btw.)

You're missing a lot of hp on your gear, drop vertex and with some upgrades you could get around 4.2k hp (I'm at 4.6k at lvl 90), that by itself should solve most of your death problems, since casters usually only die to a very quick combo or a 1 shot you'd be suprised how an extra bit of hp adds to your survivability as a caster.
Don't drop inner force, it's very valuable for AA and buffs the heralds too.

Other than that I don't see any problems, use glacial cascade or AB+gmp for heavy bosses if you aren't already.

Also get a 20% ice nova, you're missing 20% aoe
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on May 25, 2015, 6:45:10 AM
"
schmalka wrote:
After finding a PoH and because I really like ice nova I went and gave your build a try.

Currently I'm lvl 85 and up until now the build has been really awesome! Leveling was fun, the clear speed is pretty nice and lightning warp as only means of movement isn't as bad as I thought it would be once you get used to it.

I said up until now because I feel like I'm facing a wall: My damage isn't really improving anymore and I'm dying more often than I'd like to admit. (Currently running lvl 74-75 maps btw.)

Things I'm having problems with: hard hitting bosses (when they aren't frozen at least) (the kole and kraityn map bosses for example), leaping/flickering groups, devourer, ele reflect and a few other things. I try to cover most of those problems with my flasks (see below), but e.g. a rare flicker strike mob with powerful crits or the 'monsters deal x% extra damage' map mod often insta-kills me before I can even react. I realize that the last example isn't solely a problem with this build, but overall I'm still feeling kinda squishy.

My stats are the following:

Defence

Ice Nova Dps without power charges

(and ~26k with 7 power charges)

I know the amount of life I'm running around with is pretty low, but I'm not sure getting to 4K life is going to fix all of my problems.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look over my tree/gear and give me some suggestions for improvement. Thanks!

(I'd like to respec the 2 Inner Force nodes next level and instead go for Celestial Punishment)

My Gear

I couldn't get my hands on Windscream Boots with +1 all gems (I tried to vaal a few myself before giving up) so I went with the vertex instead (I know I'm sacrificing a lot of potential +HP here, but I thought the +2 for AA and a bit of chaos res were worth it).

Well, try to get Maligaro's Viruosity if you want more dps xd
IGN:ZorryFlurry
"
Catharsis wrote:

And use abyssal cry instead of enduring cry to get the extra damage + mana regen since we're up in enemies faces all the time anyway.

I thought all "cry" types can no longer be put on CWDT? I therefore thought that the curses will keep endo charges up and CWDT will cast IC+duration, leaving an extra slot. If abyssal works on it, yes it could be nice.
Hi i was wondering what i could do to increase my damage? Heres my Gear

My Current Tree is

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXlxXn8Gtzs4w2VUth4iaVFr8C_t-EQsNd8nDVcFKJ0_LhY0MOSElR8NWVLgceEZbyHWSd6_WP-oIeiELBxX_G2wsRD0wtFLBMs1Aw2149X1JTl5XQ9UGWrrMsnAVCrJh0VV8qVcY6WI9Gm6H311iuXqUTcfrSHRS2-vemjmTjahZvZp6FfRZAwBpxhZBVGjjsOCcvgpuaO-081aaf3zwF73zAZuvuuJOnCJrgU1JFnSo4qW618jWS2L3-Crc-QYf56ILHKPo=
"
paradox1664 wrote:
Hi i was wondering what i could do to increase my damage? Heres my Gear

-Added cold adds a lot of DPS.
-Get inner force (buffs heralds) and empower a herald, a big percentage of the damage comes from them.
-Just keep leveling your gems.
-Wait for 2.0, it buffs most of the gems we use :)
Last edited by Catharsis on May 27, 2015, 1:25:57 AM
Impressive clearspeed and utility, thanks for putting the work into it aim!

Have you ever had plans for a MF adaption for the lower maps 'till 70?
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Some thoughts on 2.0 gem setup and gearing.

Carcass Jack vs CoD

CoD wins imo, we need the mana for a decent level AA and for the nova itself without EB.

+1 Curse

For one jewel socket and the Dark Thoughts jewel we can have an extra curse, The radius around Elemental Dominion happens to have exactly 70 Int that are already allocated, freeing up the boots slot.

Conc Effect vs Hypothermia vs Added Lightning vs ICD

Conc Effect - 10% damage nerf, no mana reduction from quality, further AoE reduction that will be made worse without Carcass and halved AoE bonus from Ice Nova quality, No longer worth it Imo.
DPS: 987

Added Lightning - This gem gets a big damage buff (44% @ L20), the downsides are 17% less overall damage than with (nerfed) Conc Effect and less benefit from Cold Pen, lightning makes up 1/3 of the total damage with this gem, these downsides are somewhat mitigated by the extra shock ability for tanky mobs, this looks like the ideal choice ATM.
DPS: 842

Hypothermia - Provides slightly higher DPS than added lightning and makes better use of cold pen, the downsides are it requires a third green gem slot, and the first hit doesn't apply the multiplier (no chill)
DPS: 876

ICD - Better freezes and cold pen Use at the cost of less DPS than added lightning at full charges and significantly less at no charges, also higher risk of reflect deaths, not worth it imo.

1.3 DPS With conc is 814 for comparison.

*Gems are calculated as level 20
Last edited by Catharsis on May 28, 2015, 5:00:36 AM
What do you guys think about the new shock nova?
Looks promissing I think, I'm testing GC in the one month league for now, leveling Ice nova in the offhand.
Last edited by anone on May 27, 2015, 8:15:02 AM
"
Catharsis wrote:

Conc Effect vs Hypothermia vs Added Lightning vs ICD

Conc Effect - No longer worth it imo, 10% damage nerf, no mana reduction from quality, further AoE reduction that will be made worse without Carcass and halved AoE bonus from Ice Nova quality.

Added Lightning - This gem gets a big damage buff (44% @ L20), the downsides are 20% less overall damage than with (nerfed) Conc Effect and less benefit from Cold Pen, lightning makes up 1/3 of the total damage with this gem, these downsides are somewhat mitigated by the extra shock ability for tanky mobs, note that with this setup we end up with slightly higher damage than with Conc. on 1.3.

Hypothermia - This is the ideal endgame gem imo, it provides 10% higher DPS than added lightning and makes better use of cold pen, the only downside is it requires a third green gem slot.

ICD - Better freezes and cold pen Use at the cost of less DPS than added lightning at full charges and significantly less at no charges, also higher risk of reflect deaths, not worth it imo.

Damage comparison: 6L Pledge of hands + both heralds up.

1.3 - Ice nova + Echo + FC + Added Cold + Conc = 814 Base

2.0 - Ice Nova + Echo + FC + Added cold + Hypothermia = 923 Base
Assuming frozen = Chilled.

*Gems are calculated as level 20

Interesting, do you know how much the first hit with hypothermia would do? If it does less than 705, you will need 3 hits (assuming 100% chill chance) to be more efficient than Conc (although you will hit many more targets).
What is the dps with Added Lightning? Might be that it's the best choice.

Good find for the curse jewel:)
Last edited by Zepepsico on May 27, 2015, 5:44:31 PM
"
Interesting, do you know how much the first hit with hypothermia would do? If it does less than 705, you will need 3 hits (assuming 100% chill chance) to be more efficient than Conc (although you will hit many more targets).
What is the dps with Added Lightning? Might be that it's the best choice.

Good find for the curse jewel:)

Hypo is not more efficient than conc in terms of damage, 12% more damage from the nerfed conc is not worth 25% less aoe and a higher mana cost imo, especially since CoD will most likely be the bis chest

Added lightning instead of hypo would have a 842 base

*Note: I miscalculated hypo DPS, it actually ends up at 876, fixed original post

Looks like you might be right and Added Lightning is the way to go.
I would appreciate if you could re-quote my original post so people don't get confused.
Last edited by Catharsis on May 28, 2015, 2:54:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info