[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

Nice build ! If i intend to start this build in a new league, getting a POH might be a little hard, will it be fine if i dont spec into the staff crit and take the dark arts circle for more cast speed? If in the future i manage to get a POH, then spec out of it and go into the staff crit nodes.

For the links, since i only have a 4l and 6l, i will use

6l: Ice Nova + Spell Echo + Added Chaos + Added Cold + Cold to Fire + Conc
4L: Lightning Warp + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + Reduced Duration

Like a poor man's edition of this build XD

As for the mana issue, i will spec into mana nodes along the way + Dynamo circle.

Would this be a good idea ?

If you dont have PoH tree is way different. PoH is like 10 mana nodes free! You'll indeed have to grab some mana nodes/dynamo trying to run another 6L staff to be able to spam.

Second I dont understand a 4L single curse setup. 5L chest is easy enough.

warlords mark is a game changer. mana leech, life leech, 3-4 endurance charges always up...

w/o ll in your staff youll 100% want warlords
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 11, 2015, 1:02:31 PM
You said u will choose between Glacial Cascade and Flame Surge.
Assuming u will choose flame surge, it means u'll have to swap the added cold damage eveytime too right?...

and what do u think will be more likely to be used eventually? GC or FS?
In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
If you dont have PoH tree is way different. PoH is like 10 mana nodes free! You'll indeed have to grab some mana nodes/dynamo trying to run another 6L staff to be able to spam.

Second I dont understand a 4L single curse setup. 5L chest is easy enough.

warlords mark is a game changer. mana leech, life leech, 3-4 endurance charges always up...

w/o ll in your staff youll 100% want warlords

Ops derp, i forgot to mention i was going wand, but nevermind i realized that would not work well XD ! So i guess i will still go staff! Thanks

Do you happen to have a link on a staff that would go well with this build ? Or just some stats i should focus on
Last edited by yemanlp540 on May 11, 2015, 9:49:53 PM
POH man. Dont fight the system. the fat mana and 7L capability is just far superior to all other staff. It will prolly go legacy thats how op it is.

Git R Dun!
"
You said u will choose between Glacial Cascade and Flame Surge.
Assuming u will choose flame surge, it means u'll have to swap the added cold damage eveytime too right?...

and what do u think will be more likely to be used eventually? GC or FS?

No you dont added cold is added damage.

I dont know until my GC is 20/20 I have a 20/20 Flame surge. But until i can run timmed tests on things like atziri vaals I wont know which is better. Thats what I did when i compared spear with AB. AB won that time. GC or FS i dont know yet.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 12, 2015, 3:31:59 PM
GC on beta right now is so insane that the phys dmg on it is a reflect risk. Also because they nerfed the templar side and removed inner force it might be better to go scion instead to take a shortcut to vaal pact and go through harrier on the other side. This also gets you some cheap jewel sockets.

I've been planning something like this with the intent of going hybrid with AA. You can skip mana/es nodes for lower level this is only 120pts to show the possibilities.
Last edited by Aggnog on May 13, 2015, 9:14:56 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
POH man. Dont fight the system. the fat mana and 7L capability is just far superior to all other staff. It will prolly go legacy thats how op it is.

Being composed of so few mods, what would they nerf? Mana bonus I guess?
Yes mana bonus (and 7l). This render almost all other staff obsolete. Even in SRS which gets zero benefit from 160% spell damage PoH carries you can make similar DPS with PoH as a +3 staff cause you need no mana nodes and can take all minion nodes instead. Even in ice nova and other cold spells Shiver is second rate. its just too universal.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 13, 2015, 6:11:19 PM
"
Aggnog wrote:
GC on beta right now is so insane that the phys dmg on it is a reflect risk. Also because they nerfed the templar side and removed inner force it might be better to go scion instead to take a shortcut to vaal pact and go through harrier on the other side. This also gets you some cheap jewel sockets.

I've been planning something like this with the intent of going hybrid with AA. You can skip mana/es nodes for lower level this is only 120pts to show the possibilities.

Nice tree m8. And Ill definity not be goig EB either if stays in current form. We never needed it in the first place really. Only for AA. It's just more expensive buy T1 mana and T1 regen on all applicable gear vs EB ES conversion to mana. But thats way I will go to run AA with no EB. 26 AA makes GCs reflect nothing. Not to mention we have double Life Leech anyway.

We get more EHP as hybrid (and more DPS according to your reports about beta) win win.

EDIt and harrier sweet! makes up for those 10 MS boots we wear.

I'm pretty excited (unlike some of my other builds who wont function anymore with aura nerf)

Edit 2

here is my new tentative lvl 88-90 tree. (cant miss out on staff nodes or crit over by templar ) can be play as witch/shadow/templar
http://cb.poedb.tw/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBRXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VUth4iaVFr8C_t-EQsNd8g5IDdFjQxGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-uv1ZJ3yHXDVidNwUn_GkydsCyL0bRmX9FJTPV-XlUyzrrNBltD1BUIsnCBuUDDbXgQHg9tVxo9GE3FepViuHRSOZPemtvr60hZv42pmnhZAhX1rtylPV5TVpu08mjuCm5_f73w8BcBmBLOiAKcI6-4c3LiTKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01krXyeA3AGqluKjhyD1nzGjiQVScvcYVXKUbX8xGxQprgRZ1TUhEtfIM=

Gain much DPS not messing with EB.
Gain AOE
Gain Power Charge Duration
Gain ES shield

Just all good news.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 13, 2015, 6:57:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info