ShatterBolt [1.3 Viable end game Self substainable Herlad of Thunder/Ice build]

Been having a ton of fun with this build, AFK mode for elreon defense daily :D
StrangeCloud,

Congrats man! You`re creating a very special build. Build of the week is coming. Deserves a lot!!

DO you mind to post a skill tree breakdown to help us on leveling?

Cheers!
Sup,

thanks for the cool build idea,

quick question however, you right up by eldrich battery, considering your ES is like 80% or more always 0/128 (or whatever you have) why not grab eldrich battery and grab hybrid pieces of gear, therefore you could run a higher damaging main skill.. i.e. a higher leveled ice nova ?

Also, considering the freeze is already so strong,. and that your ice nova and herald of ice is actually fire damage, then why not use a Fire doryani belt, it will still scale the dmg, and although it cant ignite, you get leech out of it .. makes much more sense..

Also some food for thought, you can use Aurseize gloves with temp chains on hit (as i am doing in beyond) and get 50 rarity and 15% all res out of it, and its fairly cheap to accomplish...

I have more questions but ill post them as they come..

thanks,

div
"
LeoTristao wrote:
StrangeCloud,

Congrats man! You`re creating a very special build. Build of the week is coming. Deserves a lot!!

DO you mind to post a skill tree breakdown to help us on leveling?

Cheers!

added that under Passive tree, enjoy!
"
Divinitii wrote:
Sup,

thanks for the cool build idea,

quick question however, you right up by eldrich battery, considering your ES is like 80% or more always 0/128 (or whatever you have) why not grab eldrich battery and grab hybrid pieces of gear, therefore you could run a higher damaging main skill.. i.e. a higher leveled ice nova ?

Also, considering the freeze is already so strong,. and that your ice nova and herald of ice is actually fire damage, then why not use a Fire doryani belt, it will still scale the dmg, and although it cant ignite, you get leech out of it .. makes much more sense..

Also some food for thought, you can use Aurseize gloves with temp chains on hit (as i am doing in beyond) and get 50 rarity and 15% all res out of it, and its fairly cheap to accomplish...

I have more questions but ill post them as they come..

thanks,

div

EB- I'm currently using a Kaom's heart, but if you use a carcass jack, you could grab it, would be very helpful to the mana regen.

Lightning doryanni is slightly better for clear speed because the fire damage from herald of ice is so strong in large packs that we really don't need anymore dps on it. Our herald of Lightning damage is what really determined our clear speed. Also Lighting Doryanni belt also scale the damage of our Vaal Storm Call 2nd reason.

I've been vaaling Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves hoping for elemental weakness or Conductivity, so I can run tri curse, so far no luck.. If you got a 5link Carcass jack or anyother 5link armor your using for this build. You can also run a tri curse Curse-On-Hit setup on it, and using your gloves for something else.

Edited for grammar errors
Last edited by StrangeCloud on Nov 9, 2014, 3:38:40 PM
hey,

I wasn't talking about using the fire belt for more damage, although its a massive bonus, i am taking about the leech, the explosions is like all the damage, also our cold spell main single target (well i am not using incinerate.. seems like a waste), so therefore the 1% is a leech of nearly all our damage, seems to big to turn up.

also who knows, maybe during flask usage it may overwrite and allow for ignites..

secondly i mean why incinerate ? What made you want to use that, just seems sort of lack luster wouldn't like say some sort of cold spell be quite a bit stronger. I mean by choosing a fire spell right out of the gates, its not receiving the bonus's from tree, like say a cold spell would before pyre converts the dmg to fire..

Just seems like a bit of a poor choice, but maybe i am wrong.. I was just thinking something like a cold spell or even a cold spell with a trap setup or something along those lines.. what are your thoughts ?

thanks
Last edited by Divinitii on Nov 9, 2014, 8:53:26 PM
no i understand why incin...

so the reflect isnt an issue and the shotgun.. gotcha
Thanks very much for the excellent build guide OP! I leveled up a shadow over the last couple of days and although I have had to deviate a little bit since I can't get the prolif from doryani's for another few levels but it's a really fun build to play both solo and in party. I went EB with my build since I had originally planned to use a cloak of defiance.

Here's a video of it in docks (you might wanna turn off your sound first :/ I forgot I had music on!):

Thanks again!

Update: I have since reached level 76 and have switched to dual Doryani's Catalysts which has made a huge difference to DPS - like 1.6k onto my incinerate tooltip! I still do not have any of the skill duration nodes. They're next on my list as it will really improve the length of HoT when I run up against a high life/resistant mob. I have 3 wasted points that grab dex nodes as I'm poor after buying two Catalysts and can't afford a GG ring and amulet right now.

I decided to keep the Ball Lightning, inc AoE, Ele Prolif setup but switched LMP for Mana Leech. It really improves my clear speed and safety since it freezes everything and does enough damage to oneshot most white mobs in up to 68 areas. It also gets the Heralds back in play after they run off between mobs. I have a Vaal Storm Call leveling up at the moment but I think a high level ball lightning has more utility in my experience since there is no soul requirement and it hits so many times that it is pretty much guaranteed to proc both status ailments. If you have any thoughts on it I would love to hear them!

I was sad to have had to drop lighting warp though... It was so convenient!

I also decided to level Incinerate as, with the 5-link Carcass Jack, I could support it with Mana Leech instead of Blind. Current tooltip is 3.6k with a level 18 gem.

Here's a video of the current build:
Last edited by KaradOfUmbra on Nov 15, 2014, 8:18:10 AM
"
KaradOfUmbra wrote:
Thanks very much for the excellent build guide OP! I leveled up a shadow over the last couple of days and although I have had to deviate a little bit since I can't get the prolif from doryani's for another few levels but it's a really fun build to play both solo and in party. I went EB with my build since I had originally planned to use a cloak of defiance.

Here's a video of it in docks (you might wanna turn off your sound first :/ I forgot I had music on!):

Thanks again!

very nice!
I wish GGG would make heralds secondary effect scale with spell damage. Kind of like what they did to buff Shockwave Totems. Would make this build even more fun :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info