What solo mapping from 95-96 looks like

"
Krayken wrote:

Also, 50% map pack is inferior to 50% IQ (because it doesnt increases the number of rares and doesnt give boss maps any more item drops).

I would argue otherwise, I personally calculate my maps as pack size x iiq of map. This isn't perfect, as you stated the pack size doesn't include boss or rares. But a map with iiq of 50% and a pack size of 50% is a fair bit better than a straight up 100% iiq imo(and that's not considering the additional xp per map).
"
Krayken wrote:

1) Lol since when does a private profile prevents from showing online on XYZ? Whenever i test my online status on XYZ it works perfectly fine. What a load of bullshit you are spewing there.

2) 4 stats + chisels + 7% from zana = almost impossible to get lower than 60% IQ. Most of the times its 90% +. At worse you reroll with an additional chaos. The only times i have to roll more than one chaos is when i get blood magic or (ele reflect + minus max) twice in a row. What is using 2 chaos when you guys use 8 for onslaught? I still have 6 spare chaos after that! How about you try it instead of spewing more bullshit?

3) How many alts does it take to roll a 45% + pack? About 40 i'd guess and probably more (4 chaos worth of alts for one single mod, great work).

4) LOLLLL at that 25 chaos until you get a good roll. That would only happen if you try to avoid about half the possible mods.

I don't care what you guys think. Ill keep doing what i do and keep making profit while you guys cry about losing currency using the onslaught mod. I couldn't care less, i tried to help OP, i found out he was absolutely helpless because his ego is even bigger than his mom's ass. All i can do is laugh at you crybabys.

1. doesnt it? i was just assuming it would work that way, since none of your chars is on poestatistics either. the point still stands, you act like its easy to make 100ex/month, running 10 maps/day all while sustaining a 77+ map pool solo.

2. cool story bro

3. how many chaos does it take? assuming its 40 alts, lets do the math. 6/10 chaos = 4 affixes, 3/10 = 5 affixes, 1/10 = 6. on average thats 4.5 affixes, half of which are prefixes. that means chaos gives you, on average, 2.25 suffixes/roll. compared to 1 suffix/per roll using alts.
40/2.25 = 17.7c to roll 45% magic/pack.

4. no it wouldnt. see above. it happened (before zana) when u wanted 80%+ iiq with good magic/pack or 60%+ AND maze with good magic/pack

ign: ggtyfutoo
Last edited by jojo777 on Oct 29, 2014, 1:49:45 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
Jealousy

I stopped being jealous of college/high school students/other people with endless free time many years ago. If you have dozens of hours to dump into this game each week, that's great for you. Enjoy it! But that's not the demographic or playstyle this thread is about...

And sorry, I just don't believe you that you are making over 10 chaos net profit per map, which is what it would work out to being if you had been playing roughly around the same amount as I have since 1.2 dropped (230 exalts * 32 chaos/exalt / 70 days / 10 maps per day avg = ~10.5 chaos per map). A very high MF build may be able to pull that off, but that's a very different build/play style to the OP.

I also don't believe your stated method is viable for sustaining 77+. As I said, I've tried it, so sorry if one random forum poster screaming from the rooftops that it works doesn't convince me, since my experience is to the contrary. I always would eventually hit enough bad RNG that I got stuck back into 75/76 maps. You may have had good enough luck to do that, so great for you. But as a reliable method? Not ideal. Works for 75+, but not 77+.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 29, 2014, 2:56:10 PM
I found it very hard to sustain my map pool once I got to around 74s. Map drops just seem to die out and if they did drop its 67s or 68s. I dont understand that. What good are those maps when you are 85+? I always just reroll at 85 because my EXP basically hits a wall since I couldnt get any 74-76 maps to drop. I honestly dont know how people make it 90+ in this game unless you win at RNG and can afford to buy tons of maps every day.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Oct 29, 2014, 4:53:05 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
I honestly dont know how people make it 90+ in this game unless you win at RNG and can afford to buy tons of maps every day.

I used to think this too, but now I have a decent stockpile of 74-76 maps. My idea of "decent" is probably lower than others in this thread, though. I don't have any more than a single horizontal line worth of stash space dedicated to maps of the same level, but that's been enough for stability so far to get a character up to level 93. I've never purchased a map; I just Alch everything and run the first safe mods I get (I reroll with Chaos if the mods are too dangerous). At some point I broke the barrier and started getting lvl 73 and 74 map drops in lvl 72 maps and things grew (very slowly, but steadily) from there. I do a lot of upgrading of low level maps into higher level ones with the map recipe, so that probably helps. It is really tough to get through that barrier for the first time, and I don't think it's easy to save up currency to outright buy maps. Maybe I had some lucky drops. Maybe I've just spent so much time in this game that it was bound to work out eventually (I think I hit the map stability phase after about 1000 hours of gameplay, which is NOT something to brag about, although it was right before Zana was released, which means it should be even "easier" now). I can't sustain lvl 77-78 maps, though. Don't know many people who can.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Jealousy

I stopped being jealous of college/high school students/other people with endless free time many years ago. If you have dozens of hours to dump into this game each week, that's great for you. Enjoy it! But that's not the demographic or playstyle this thread is about...

And sorry, I just don't believe you that you are making over 10 chaos net profit per map, which is what it would work out to being if you had been playing roughly around the same amount as I have since 1.2 dropped (230 exalts * 32 chaos/exalt / 70 days / 10 maps per day avg = ~10.5 chaos per map). A very high MF build may be able to pull that off, but that's a very different build/play style to the OP.

I also don't believe your stated method is viable for sustaining 77+. As I said, I've tried it, so sorry if one random forum poster screaming from the rooftops that it works doesn't convince me, since my experience is to the contrary. I always would eventually hit enough bad RNG that I got stuck back into 75/76 maps. You may have had good enough luck to do that, so great for you. But as a reliable method? Not ideal. Works for 75+, but not 77+.

Didn't i told you i sometimes need to fall back to lvl 76? Do you even read? Right now i have about 10 courtyards so i guess im in a good rng streak.

Where did I say I make 10 chaos net profit per maps? I make about 1 to 1.5 ex profit per 10 maps, maybe 2 ex. Most of it comes from selling maps lvl 75 and lower, the rest is just alts chroms jews chaos recipes etc. You'd be surprised how fast the currency is stacking when you don't need to rely on zana's onslaught, but you're wayyyyyyy too stuborn to even give it a shot (you said you did give it a shot before. Was it before or after masters patch? Its much easier with the inherent zana map IQ + strongboxes + masters quests (which can add quite a few monsters)). But of course for an egocentric gamer like you it's wayyyy easier to call that random guy from the internet a liar/no lifer, right? At least that way it doesn't hurt your ego.

BTW heres the shav i bought with the profit i made since masters patch. Actually i was wrong i had 20 ex in stash before patch hit, so thats more like 210 ex earned since patch :

Believe me or not, i couldn't care less. You mad bro?
"
Krayken wrote:
Didn't i told you i sometimes need to fall back to lvl 76? Do you even read?

Thanks for proving my point that your method is not sustainable for 77+.

"
Krayken wrote:
I make about 1 to 1.5 ex profit per 10 maps

Annnnnnnnnnnd thanks for proving my point about nolifing. This is a believable income rate, and means that you ran between 1400 and 2100 maps since Forsaken Masters dropped. Assuming you have an equally fast clear speed to me (about 10 maps per hour), that means you have played between 3x and 5x as much as I have in that span of time. Not many folks in the wife/kids/job category have 2-3 hours per day - 7 days a week - to play video games.

Ironically, that's about the same income rate that I achieved with my method rolling maps. Took me about 300 maps to save up 42 exalts I needed to buy a 21/20 Arc+Discharge. So I'm back to disbelieving your claims of having found a cheaper method to roll maps. I think you are using an inferior method - one that costs the same (at least vs the 6 chaos onslaught mod I was running...) but yields worse map drops - but are just able to play a lot more than me.

We all know that this game is very rewarding for people who often have dozens of hours each week to play. That's not who this thread was for, as per the very first sentence in the OP. Do you even read?
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 29, 2014, 8:32:56 PM
Aren't you misleading your actual income if you seperated a portion out to the 'buying gems' fund?

Sustaining easily 77/78 with Chaos/alchemy/chisel ...never bought maps and making a bit of Profit selling items and 74/75/76 map

Playing rampage

Married fulltimejob 2 Kids

Chaining 77/78 Since 90
You dont need to chisel 77, tbh.

Im using Chaos Orbs to roll my 77. Alt+Regal+Chisel only for Courtyard, Palace im doing with chisel+alch+chaos orb.

Sustaining 77+ maps since 94 (basically, since ive a 6L and can adjust to map mods), playing usually 3 77 and 2 78 - sometimes even 2/2. Kinda depends on my map drop RNG ;).
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Oct 30, 2014, 3:57:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info