Exclusive Halloween Microtransactions

These halloween MTX are of the highest quality, thanks. You guys raised the bar pretty high for upcoming Christmas MTX.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
quote="florian" quote="Sneakypaw"
Dude, they never said that the Valentine Heart is not comming back.
Please, show me where they said that.

Also this:

quote="Qarl" quote="Dissolator"so helloween microtranstions from 2013 are really exclusive, but Valentine's heart from 2013 is not (but they annonced as exclusive). And no changes was made to Valentine's heart 2014 to make them different... Dear GGG, can you reconsider this? or at least give some exclusive-alternate variant for VH 2013...

url="https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/151366" "It's possible that Valentine's Heart will return at the same time next year, or maybe in a slightly different form."
It really annoys me that they don't even acknowledge the mistake they made. Here's the first part of that quote:
quote="Chris" url="https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/151366"The Valentine's Heart microtransaction effect is now unavailable because its week of sales has finished...

...It's possible that Valentine's Heart will return at the same time next year, or maybe in a slightly different form.
So the sale was already over when they said it might return. In other words, people had already bought the item on the idea that it wasn't returning before they announced its possible return.

Here's what was initially said on the announcement of the sale:
quote="Chris" url="https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114858"There's also a new limited-time microtransaction that we're selling for only one week! Valentine's Heart is a bleeding, throbbing heart impaled on your sword, dagger or wand.

And the second time it was mentioned was during the sale:
quote="Chris" url="https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/137696" The popular and gory Valentine's Heart is only available for another two days!
The Valentine's Heart was the first limited-time microtransaction and was a good experiment for them, so it's not really even that big of a deal. I just wish that they would stop trying to pretend that they didn't deceive people and never do it again.

Thank you for outlining this and pulling all the relevant information from last year. As we the people who purchased the item based on the promise of exclusivity will tell you, it was advertised as a LIMITED TIME item that is ONLY AVAILABLE for a set number of days. After we purchased it, they did a double take and resold it again. That's the reason me and plenty of others just don't buy the seasonal stuff anymore.

Those of us who spend money on this game and other things can get extremely jaded and stubborn when it comes to false promises. Obviously they are making money from other people buying it, but they aren't getting my money. It's not going to break the bank, but it's still lost revenue that they would have otherwise received.

IGN: Narbays
"
Chris wrote:
We just deployed the 0.10.0g patch, which fixes several problems. It also introduces some new microtransactions that can be purchased. There's a bunch of new Scorpion pets, which range from 30 points to 900 points (we've had many requests for both budget and premium pets). There's also a new limited-time microtransaction that we're selling for only one week! Valentine's Heart is a bleeding, throbbing heart impaled on your sword, dagger or wand. Click through to read on for more news updates!

"
Chris wrote:
Our next major patch, 0.10.2, will kick off the start of our Open Beta content schedule which will feature periodic new skills, unique items and other core content alongside whatever features are ready for each patch. Also, please remember to check out the new cosmetic items that we added last week. The popular and gory Valentine's Heart is only available for another two days! Click through to read more news -

Context helps. You never got promised an exclusive early-open-beta MTX... It was obviously a seasonal thing, you know, for Valentine's Day.
Are the items in question limited to this year or will they make a return next year?

In regard to the previous years content:

I thought it was stated that the item(s) would only be available on Halloween last year. It did not specifically state that they would be limited to that year only. Leading to a good deal of confusion.

At least not anywhere I happened across. I only saw statements such as "This cosmetic microtransaction is only for sale around Halloween (from October 23-November 1).". Leaving no clear indication that is was limited to a specific year.

As a result I did not purchase them. Instead waiting for this year to grab them. Sadly they have not been offered up this time around.
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop - Support Path of Exile!
Last edited by Genobee on Oct 31, 2014, 9:54:11 PM
"
Genobee wrote:
Are the items in question limited to this year or will they make a return next year?

They are limited to this year only, as stated in Chris' post. Next year we will see new Halloween microtransactions. If ya want 'em, better grab 'em before it is too late.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info