[2.0]RangerJayson's Phy. Crit Tornado/split arrow theory crafting.

"
Leeown wrote:

Thanks alot for the fast answer buddy. Glad to hear that it would still be viable. I don't get all the flaming though, if you have great gear why it is a tabu to show it off and show what it is cabable of?

Anyway, I think I will try this out! I never like being based on luck, so to speak with dodge and such, I always liked being more "tanky". And I never really tried an archer since lightning arrow with chain was a big deal, so its been a while. I normally play melee, and thats great, but I need something new and different to play now and then. So which links in the TS chain and Trap chains are the most important?

I like being able to down atziri, I did it the first time this league, but im more interested in mapping, being able to clear all maps are more my thing than atziri focus perse. And just surviving in general. I hate dying, as most people I suppose. Would you recommend Maligaro's Virtuosity over a pair of rare gloves with life and leech, ressi etc? And is there any unique bows you would recommend or should I just go for a plain phys/crit bow instead? - I might only have currency for a 4-5L bow to starters, which I suppose will be allright for a while.

Lee.

Well, life leech with gloves is needless. Use Maligaro's.

And I would use Lioneye's Glare Imperial Bow or around 300-350 pdps harbinger. Even if u use Lioneye's Glare Imperial Bow, u can make around 66% crit chance too.

If u wanna farm atziri, Harbinger is better(around 9 crit chance). Glare is not good for insta dps(like traps)

The reason why u have to use phy bow is due to life leech and mana leech. bcuz, if u use dps with elemental damage, there are limitations with DPS(BM/life leech gem/mana leech gem)

5 links setup.
TS - GMP -Fast.A - PCOC - ICD

Or if u can charge PCOC other part, use Added fire instead. i'd recommend to use PCOC with Ts

Traps(only for atziri)

Puncture- trap - point blank - ICD - PPAD

Burning arrow - trap - point blank - PTL - PPAD

U don't have to use traps in normal mapping.
Last edited by alkasas on Feb 20, 2015, 7:20:12 PM
"
alkasas wrote:

Well, life leech with gloves is needless. Use Maligaro's.

And I would use Lioneye's Glare Imperial Bow or around 300-350 pdps harbinger. Even if u use Lioneye's Glare Imperial Bow, u can make around 66% crit chance too.

If u wanna farm atziri, Harbinger is better(around 9 crit chance). Glare is not good for insta dps(like traps)

The reason why u have to use phy bow is due to life leech and mana leech. bcuz, if u use dps with elemental damage, there are limitations with DPS(BM/life leech gem/mana leech gem)

5 links setup.
TS - GMP -Fast.A - PCOC - ICD

Or if u can charge PCOC other part, use Added fire instead. i'd recommend to use PCOC with Ts

Traps(only for atziri)

Puncture- trap - point blank - ICD - PPAD

Burning arrow - trap - point blank - PTL - PPAD

U don't have to use traps in normal mapping.

Alright mate! Thanks alot for the help. A last question if you don't mind is about the tree, any pointers on which routes to take first?
"
Leeown wrote:

Alright mate! Thanks alot for the help. A last question if you don't mind is about the tree, any pointers on which routes to take first?

it depends on ur gears, my build is not fixed nods.

I recommend you to have at least 40k+ life then take dps nods.
Last edited by alkasas on Feb 21, 2015, 3:51:23 PM
"
alkasas wrote:
"
Leeown wrote:

it depends on ur gears, my build is not fixed nods.

I recommend you to have at least 40k+ life then take dps nods.

Thanks for all the help. The build is great so far, my gear sucks though, but its working fine :D

Lee.
Alkasas, How do you plan on dealing with reflect once they remove the CWDT/immortal cry setup?
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

"
jtrand wrote:
Alkasas, How do you plan on dealing with reflect once they remove the CWDT/immortal cry setup?

hmm... never thought about it...

If ur dps is low, u might be able to kite mobs with Jade flask.

If they remove such things... hmm i have to think about that.

Prolly cannot retain current dps...

Here are possibilities of reduction mechanisms such as enduring cry / Jade flask / MOM chest / lightning coil chest / Blood rage(high life leech rate) / enfeeble

I think best choice is lightning coil with cwdt-enfeeble

But if that happens, i'm sure they'll provide new items or skill nods

Last edited by alkasas on Feb 24, 2015, 1:37:57 AM
Hi mate ,

Thanks for sharing ur build ,i have a question about trap.
U telling that Burning Arrow trap is doing better than puncture trap ,but atziri cant be ignited so does it do all the damage from initial shot ?
"
Ghormen wrote:
Hi mate ,

Thanks for sharing ur build ,i have a question about trap.
U telling that Burning Arrow trap is doing better than puncture trap ,but atziri cant be ignited so does it do all the damage from initial shot ?

Yeah. As u can see my gem setup, BA gem is 20/13q(Don't use ignite)
Last edited by alkasas on Feb 25, 2015, 3:22:49 PM
Thank you for your build.

I'm curious how much dps u make with BA trap. Is that viable with normal atziri with 300 dps harbinger?
"
Thank you for your build.

I'm curious how much dps u make with BA trap. Is that viable with normal atziri with 300 dps harbinger?

I am using BA trap for very long time now with this bow
343,2 pdps

it's indeed way better than Puncture trap. Most of the time Vaals and Atziri split phase (which can be ignited) get oneshot. Average tooltip damage is 51k without charges, not factoring in Point Blank's 50% more multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info