POE -- when will you address the end-game disparity realities?

"
Krayken wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
shavs and crit are way op both should be detuned. everyonne is going crit these days like d3 all-crit-all-the time, even spell casters with measly 4% base does 2x dps as non crit... so i expect huge nerfs. not cos its strong but like arc they just dont want everyone playing it.... shaves needs no es like solaris. way op running 11 auras immue to choas and have massive es pool. but i dont expect nerf. scarcity is a form of damage control on thier op shit like they did aucity

Snaphsnot has been fixed by the way. Low life builds doesn't run 11 auras haha. Way to exagerate.

I'm still running 11 auras but that'll probably get nerfed again in december.
"
brookeanimals wrote:
Patch after patch it continues to confuse me about end game balance. Things that make me go 'hmm':

ES >>> Life
Low-life >>> Life
Ranged >>> Melee.
Everything non 2H >>> 2H.
Crit >>> no Crit
What is getting mirrored will tell you where top end game lies -- and it isn't life based items by a factor of 50 to 1.
Blood rage giving massive attack speed boosts for low-life? Instead make it usable for 2 secs and then not trigger again for 10.
Infinite flask utilization could never have been your intended game play mechanic. Put a few secs between recharges.
Acuity? Shavs? Too much synergy and OPness.
10+ auras? Hard to believe you still intended for that. A variety of obvious fixes.

I'd love to understand POEs perspective on the above.

10/10, QFT.

Like OP implied -- talk to any big mirror vendor and they will tell you what is getting mirrored the most -- and they will say ES items over life items, ranged items over melee items, crit items over non-crit items.

End-game has some big balancing issues, but most people won't be impacted because they won't see it.

Lots of easy fixes.

ES >>> Life -- buff Life nodes/items more.
Low-life >>> Life -- remove many low-life advantages or significantly add them to life.
Ranged >>> Melee -- add in more teleporting-to-player monsters, more bubble monsters, add in more detrimental effects that continually spawn underneath players wherever they stand, etc.
Everything non 2H >>> 2H -- add in more defense and offense to 2H nodes
Crit >>> no Crit -- lower gains in DPS as well as remove things such as triggering so many effects (without pauses between triggers) -- "xx on crit" should become "xx on crit at most every yyy seconds"
Acuity -- becomes a problem with ES the way it is, low-life, crit, etc. Fix all those and Acuity probably becomes fine again... would need to see the changes first and then tested to really know.
Last edited by Marmeduke on Oct 26, 2014, 11:46:34 AM
So you're basically saying that some RT 2h infernal blow character should be as tanky and do as much damage as a CI crit dual wield person, or a low life ST character?

Plz

There's a balance between material investment and power. And buffs to life to bring it 'more in line with ES' would make the game significantly easier.

Also, have you seen how life builds perform with some of the top end life gear? They're very strong.
The reason you don't see life items being mirrored is that just about every endgame life build will be running a unique chest. Like Kaom's Heart, Belly of the Beast, Lightning Coil, Carcass Jack, Daresso's Defiance, or Cloak of Defiance for those EB + AA + MoM users.

Reason you see ES gear being mirrored is there is pretty much no BiS unique chest for ES builds while there are a ton of uniques that are BiS for life builds.

E: I also agree that acuity is too strong, and I will reiterate that here. It's not likely to exist in a lot of future leagues if they keep the length of them down. It'll pretty much stay in the permanent leagues.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Oct 26, 2014, 12:42:04 PM
"
brookeanimals wrote:
ES >>> Life

Meh, depends on the build. I don't see much of a problem here, aside from the fact that I still feel like I'm playing path of life nodes by late game and ES requires fairly expensive gear to make it worthwhile.

"
Low-life >>> Life

Sometimes, but how many people can truly afford a Shav's? Solaris Lorica isn't very popular. I will be really pissed if auras get nerfed again.

"
Ranged >>> Melee

This can't be helped. Ranged will always have the advantage. Bows right now are insane, though, thanks to a flat damage boost, crazy crit (Harbingers have ruined most other bows), the ability to avoid reflect (Acrobatics/Ondar's Guile), and Tornado Shot.

"
Everything non 2H >>> 2H

I agree that there's a problem here. You can often get equal or more damage with a one-hander, and you get better defenses with a shield, so why go two-handed except in niche situations usually based around unique weapons?

"
Crit >>> no Crit

Crit is certainly king in the current meta. Bow and dagger builds deal crazy damage and can still be really tanky, despite reflect. Claws are sweet too, I just hope they remain powerful because they were the underdog for sooo long.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 26, 2014, 2:09:14 PM
everything i see in this thread completely justifies everything stated by the OP.

oh, so just because its expensive makes it ok to be the strongest? crit should always be the highest dps?

basically everything said in this thread justifies the fact that the strongest build and what everybody should basically be working towards is a crit dagger low life spectral throw build, either buzzsaw or not. which just so happens to be one of the fastest clearing builds in the game, and one of the first builds to take down uber atziri (and normal atziri actually)

because this type of build is kind of the pinnacle of what the game can offer in terms of completion in all regards to the game, isnt that the exact problem we're trying to address here?
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 26, 2014, 3:04:30 PM
"
LomitoGod wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
shavs and crit are way op both should be detuned. everyonne is going crit these days like d3 all-crit-all-the time, even spell casters with measly 4% base does 2x dps as non crit... so i expect huge nerfs. not cos its strong but like arc they just dont want everyone playing it.... shaves needs no es like solaris. way op running 11 auras immue to choas and have massive es pool. but i dont expect nerf. scarcity is a form of damage control on thier op shit like they did aucity

Snaphsnot has been fixed by the way. Low life builds doesn't run 11 auras haha. Way to exagerate.

I'm still running 11 auras but that'll probably get nerfed again in december.

Can confirm that, im running 11auras too. Beyond league below average gear.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
xMustard wrote:
oh, so just because its expensive makes it ok to be the strongest?

You have this backwards; just because it's strong (and rare as a drop) makes it ok to be expensive, according to most economies by today's standards.

"
crit should always be the highest dps?

That is the point of going crit. Some people might take issue with the fact that these crazy dps crit characters can still be really tanky (typically in games, the higher your dps, the lower your survivability).

"
basically everything said in this thread justifies the fact that the strongest build and what everybody should basically be working towards is a crit dagger low life spectral throw build, either buzzsaw or not. which just so happens to be one of the fastest clearing builds in the game, and one of the first builds to take down uber atziri (and normal atziri actually)

Unless I'm really confused, Buzzsaw wasn't a low life build when it took down Atziri...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
You have this backwards; just because it's strong (and rare as a drop) makes it ok to be expensive, according to most economies by today's standards.

no, what makes it ok to be expensive is demand. you want it? you pay for it. just so happens the strongest items are the most wanted, and thus most expensive. this doesn't justify the initial point brought up that its ok to be the strongest because its expensive, as though thats a valid limiting factor to the strength inducted by these items.

but that was my point, its invalid to say because its expensive allows it to be strong, because its only expensive BECAUSE its so strong.

"
That is the point of going crit. Some people might take issue with the fact that these crazy dps crit characters can still be really tanky (typically in games, the higher your dps, the lower your survivability).

im fine with crit doing most dps, what im not the most fine with is if you want to optimize any crit build you're going to end up with daggers as a weapon. no other weapon at all compares to daggers in the crit department, which we can all agree is king of DPS.
yes - now you have harbinger to somewhat compete, and people are obviously taking massive advantage of that, but thats just the point.

IMO if crit is to be such a standout dps factor than it should be available to other weapons just as much. there is a very lazy attempt at that in the tree, but honestly try to make a crit dual wield sword build or something. you'll want to shoot yourself in the dick because it PALES in comparison to daggers. even claws is like a slap in the face.
essentially, if you go crit, you go daggers (well, i guess you can go bow NOW).

"
Unless I'm really confused, Buzzsaw wasn't a low life build when it took down Atziri...

doesn't mean buzzsaw wasn't drastically improved by going low life - which it was - as is basically everything. but its ok because its expensive, amirite?

its fun to build other things, things that are not popular. and yes they can still work but essentially the pinnacle build and end game consists of low life crit dagger builds. its been this way for as long as i've played the game
There's build that trivialize uber at a fraction of the cost it requires to run low life st. You realize the reason it costs so much to run these crit builds is due to the fact that you need more mods on gear to actually run the build? If you want cost effective builds, go life based, if you have next to unlimited funding, go crit.
As soon as you guys realize that GGG has no intention whatsoever to balance the game around your opinions and suggestions , the better .

They do that on purpose , so people can play the game longer .

If they balance the game perfectly , all of a sudden people will start leaving because they've seen it all already .

And what is an online game without players to play it ? I'll let you figure out this one for yourselves .
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info