POE -- when will you address the end-game disparity realities?

are you implying that people willingly play this game together?

have you seen the pubs recently? crickets make more noise
"
xMustard wrote:

IMO if crit is to be such a standout dps factor than it should be available to other weapons just as much. there is a very lazy attempt at that in the tree, but honestly try to make a crit dual wield sword build or something. you'll want to shoot yourself in the dick because it PALES in comparison to daggers. even claws is like a slap in the face.
essentially, if you go crit, you go daggers (well, i guess you can go bow NOW).

Crit Claw build here and I'm at 93.8K tooltip DPS right now, with rather mediocre weapons (Bloodseeker and 308 pdps non crit claw). Claws have way more sustain than daggers; this is their advantage.

Crit spell builds are also very effective.

Point being that there's a lot of ways to play crit, and daggers are not the only choice.

I just wouldn't go crit sword, axe, or mace. Their base crit chance is too low really.

You can also make a very powerful crit build with a staff.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Oct 29, 2014, 3:10:05 PM
"
zSavage wrote:
Crit Claw build here and I'm at 93.8K tooltip DPS right now, with rather mediocre weapons (Bloodseeker and 308 pdps non crit claw). Claws have way more sustain than daggers; this is their advantage.

Crit spell builds are also very effective.

Point being that there's a lot of ways to play crit, and daggers are not the only choice.

I just wouldn't go crit sword, axe, or mace. Their base crit chance is too low really.

You can also make a very powerful crit build with a staff.

i never denied it couldn't be done or anything like that, im saying compared to daggers your dps is a joke. sure you might have some more sustain, but is it overdone? i played a dual wielding claw build also, and the lifesteal was just too overdone. i at once time had 41% lifesteal, which is just pointless to have so much. i could take away so many passives (which i did) in order to drop my lifesteal to about 15% which i saw literally no difference in the lifesteal. i would still go from 0-100% life in half a second.

the only thing is, daggers can get just as much sustain quite easily, just as any other weapon/build. it is just easier to do with claws but dagger builds can get just as much sustain as you and still maintain 10x your damage.

so again, claws are a slap in the face compared to daggers. if you immediately changed your claws to a couple decent daggers and maybe swapped out one piece of gear with lifeleach (amulet) or swapped a gem out, you'd get just as much sustain and a crap ton more dmg.

there is one factor which diversifies builds, and that is personal preference. but if everybody was striving for the biggest the best the most complete etc, everybody would be shooting for a low life dagger crit ST build, essentially

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info