Chris: Are you aware that most computers freeze when opening Rogue Exile Boxes?

Here are my computer specs:

i5 2500K 3.30 GHz
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 760
PoE installed on an SSD Drive.

You are telling me that with this computer (which can run games a lot better looking than PoE with no freezes what so ever) I cannot open a freaking box without my computer freezing like fuck?

Also when I use a fucking town portal with one of your MTX (doesnt matter which one, I tried Champion, Black Hole, now Steam portal) computer freezes again for 1 second.
Loading times of areas are freaking huge (minutes)

And starting the game feels like it needs preheating or some shit: it can sometimes take 5 minutes to launch the game.

Fix your god damn shit game please.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You need to clean up the files. There's a 'defrag' tool somewhere about that cleans up the PoE files that get messed up over time. Try that.

I'll add that support here is top of the line, even for a "small" company. Get one of them to look at your situation and I bet it can be improved. Head over to tech support forums.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 25, 2014, 12:18:05 PM
I hope that works, Shag
This is one of the more severe issues.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Seems strange that people with PCs like yours have this problem. You got quite decent hardware there. Is it that your video freezes or the game? Could you check it on the lowest video settings possible and see if that happens again?
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Freezes with mine and I have a SSD. Its not the computer..
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
The problem is that the information WHICH exile is contained in the box is not sent while you load the instance the first time.

The freeze is that the client gets this information while opening the box. What you see as freeze is the loadtime of the Rogue Exile.

I don't think this problem can be solved on our side.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You need to clean up the files. There's a 'defrag' tool somewhere about that cleans up the PoE files that get messed up over time. Try that.

I'll add that support here is top of the line, even for a "small" company. Get one of them to look at your situation and I bet it can be improved. Head over to tech support forums.

Tried the defrag tool: trimmed about 3G off the file.
The issue has improved for the Town Portal MTX but Rogue Exile boxes are still as bad.
Huge chance of death with this.
Luckly I am done with Hardcore in this game, but it's still a big annoyance.
"
Vincendra wrote:
The problem is that the information WHICH exile is contained in the box is not sent while you load the instance the first time.

The freeze is that the client gets this information while opening the box. What you see as freeze is the loadtime of the Rogue Exile.

Not sure it's just the exile either. I think it can also happen when rolling mob types that aren't native to the zone.

Annoying as hell!
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
BazzV5 wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:

Not sure it's just the exile either. I think it can also happen when rolling mob types that aren't native to the zone.

Annoying as hell!

Yes, the performance is horrible, on high end computers.
It's pretty unacceptable given how this game has Hardcore mode in it and harsh death penalties...
that's what I call double standards...
Can someone post a video of this freeze? I have a SSD as well, and mine doesn't freeze. You get the initial moment where you click the box, then when monsters spawn you move. But I've never experienced monsters spawn and I still can't move.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info