[1.2.4] Crit Lightning Tendrils Build

Do you think this build can handle atziri?
If it wasnt for the 5 blue sockets, Lightning Coil, with Saffels, and that +1 Lightning Node may help against reflect as well give you more survivability against large physical hits (at the cost of some damage). Getting 5 B on LC would be nearly impossible though.
I'm one of the players experiencing huge desync with tendrils.
It's weird, because after lvl~60 it kinda disappeared... but while leveling desync was really huge, even with <30ms ping all the time and no fps issues at all.

Since a 6L tendrils is really expensive in terms of mana cost, is it even possible to use a lvl 20 arctic armor with this build? maybe not the exact same tree, just in general.
I'm asking because you have like zero defense without AA.
Don't know if CoD is worth it, because high mana cost tendrils + AA leech + getting hit (which takes mana as well) sounds like huge mana problems.
upd:
- Added some videos.
- Updated gear.
"
stykk wrote:

Since a 6L tendrils is really expensive in terms of mana cost, is it even possible to use a lvl 20 arctic armor with this build? maybe not the exact same tree, just in general.
I'm asking because you have like zero defense without AA.
Don't know if CoD is worth it, because high mana cost tendrils + AA leech + getting hit (which takes mana as well) sounds like huge mana problems.

Actually 83 mana is nothing, and that's with voidbringers mind you which almost double mana cost. With 300 mana regen, CoD and lv20 AA, it is doable. AA is 240 mana at lv20, when moving. I can get 390 mana regen on my DW spell build with a 100+ mana cost skill, AA activated, and still maintain mana perfectly.

Another way to think of it is, you'll only use the skill in burst, so you'll only ever have to hold the skill for like 3 sec for most packs. For longer fights pop a hybrid/mana flask if you really need to, AA's drawback is mainly when moving so just LW to where you want to be instead to regen mana more quickly. Which I recommend honestly, you'll lose damage/aoe, but the difference between a spell build with no defense/ev/block chance/AA and only leech, and a CoD+AA or Acro+Coil with some leech, is night and day. I think we're at the point in the game where defense matters a whole lot more then offense if you can't break 80k. I mean in his gorge map he lost 50% of his life from a single rhoa ram at 1:30...If one shots are all the rage, then yah, making them as least as possible to happen is a good thing, not losing exp is a good thing too.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Well while im not going to be using this build (im running a shadow for a crit build) i didnt even think about using curse on hit with herald of thunder so thanks for that info :) hope to see you doing videos of atziri runs soon :)
Hi. Very nice build. will you post leveling guide?
How do you generate power charges?
lightning tendrils shock enemies. then he killed them and got buff from Herald of Thunder. he using herald of thunder with curse on hit and curses linked with it (assassin mark which gives u power charge on kill with a chance)
Last edited by Dispeller on Oct 28, 2014, 3:17:40 AM
have you considered
instead of dual wands or wand/shield?
░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info