Lightning Tendril + CoC - intended or not?

If linking Tendrils to COC, the lightning tendril will not procc when critting, also you have the possibility to self cast Tendrils at all times even when its linked in CoC

Last edited by Shewieh on Oct 22, 2014, 10:06:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is intentional, as Lightning Tendrils is channelled to cast four times per use. Its similar to Flameblast in this sense.
I'm wondering, what justified this design decision ?
Flameblat and Incinerate both have stages, which makes you want to keep channeling. For tendrils, I see no difference between a channel for 4 casts or a single cast that would trigger the cone 4 times.

Except, of course, that you can't use it with CoC. And that makes me sad :D AoE was perfect for my groundslam CoCer...
Yeah, I'd also been hoping to use this with CoC.
Lightning Tendrils isn't Channelled int he same way as FlameBlast or Incinerate, but it is inherently echoed (casting repeats). Echoing and Triggering are also incompatible.
I'm also quite disappointed with this. I leveled a character to use Ground Slam that procs Glacial Cascade, Flame Surge and Lightning Tendrils on crit and then also have all three Heralds up. Thought it would be a fun build, but just found out it won't actually work. Guess I'll use Ball Lightning instead, as that also benefits from the increased area of effect I have. Still it would've been more thematic if all the spells were cones.

P.S. Does this also mean that using Tendrils with Spell Echo only casts it five times?
"
PaulVisschers wrote:
I'm also quite disappointed with this. I leveled a character to use Ground Slam that procs Glacial Cascade, Flame Surge and Lightning Tendrils on crit and then also have all three Heralds up. Thought it would be a fun build, but just found out it won't actually work. Guess I'll use Ball Lightning instead, as that also benefits from the increased area of effect I have. Still it would've been more thematic if all the spells were cones.

P.S. Does this also mean that using Tendrils with Spell Echo only casts it five times?

Ha, my plans exactly ^^. Hint : get knockback on hit if you're anywhere close (I was as I'm using scepters as a weapon). Works great with cascade and ball lightning, great defense as well.

But no tendrils :(
"
Cynry wrote:
Hint : get knockback on hit if you're anywhere close (I was as I'm using scepters as a weapon).

I'm in the northern side of the tree, so can't get those passives. I did however just get knockback on crit with a staff from the 'Blunt Trauma' passive, which might help somewhat. Maybe I'll try the knockback support gem if I ever get a 6l. Although there are so many options to choose from for the sixth slot, like crit chance, crit multi, power charge on crit, multistrike, extra AoE. I'll probably never get a 6l to begin with though.
Gonna create a thread so we stop derailing this one :D I'll link it there when it's ready.

There it is !
Last edited by Cynry on Oct 25, 2014, 4:36:11 AM
I would also like to point out that the incompatibility with CoCS is not at all intuitive like it is with Flameblast. And I made a whole build around

| Spectral Throw + CoCS + GMP + Arc + Storm Call + Lightning Tendrils |

only to find out that Lightning Tendrils won't work. The only other non-projectile option (I don't want reduced damage Spark or Ball Lightning) is Shock Nova. And Shock Nova sucks.

I thought you guys had finally made another normal lightning spell. In my highly valued opinion the game desperately needs either another lightning spell that is either CHAIN or AOE. (and works with CoCS)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info