Groundslam CoCer, very cheap, video inside

Video of a lvl 66 map. Keep in mind that the spells used are really low level for this kind of content. The scepter cost me 2c, everything else is crap (considering I use only 5l of tabula at some point of the video), I don't even have rings, helmet is there only for colors and links.
So, with leveled spells, we are looking at a build that could potentially clear lvl 78 maps with < 3c worth of gear. If that ain't cheap then I don't know anymore...

Hello guys !

Cynry here with a "new" CoC concept. Last one was rather successfull at its time, and I briefly talked about a groundslam CoC that I was already thinking about at that time.
Stuff has changed since, new tree, new skills, and some of it really fitted with the build I had in mind.

So, there !

Basic skills : Groundslam + CoC + glacial cascade + ball lightning + life leech + any other spell (wish it was tendrils, damn you GGG). Can be Flame Surge, EK, Arc, whatever.

Little twist : I take the knockback on hit passives near the marauder start. It works with every hit. So each time the cascade or the ball or the slam hits, bam, chance to knockback. And that's a lot of hits... It is not the same as the knockback on crit with staff, mind you, which would only work with groundslam here.

Here's a tree. It's shadow as I had a respec available, but it would be slightly better as templar.

It's dual wield based, but groundslam allows us to do something cool. Indeed, if you only have a mace/scepter in your main hand, and anything else in the other, you can still use the skill. So that means we only have to get one scepter for CoC, and we can use stuff like that

in our offhand. 20% block, 90% global crit, ain't bad. There could be better options, haven't looked much into it, and had to do with what I had in stash.

Why do I believe that it works considering I haven't tried it THAT much ? Well, because I clear merciless dock no problem with lvl 12 and 7 spells. That's right. That's like a 1/4 of the final damage output. Same for herald of ice and thunder, respectively lvl 10 and 5. That'll be the proof of concept, that I'll record sometimes and link here.

Some other thoughts : Herald of thunder + curse on hit + assassin's mark (with quality if possible) removes the need for a pcoc gem. That's great as it means more spells in 6l, more chance to proc something on crit (important since the nerf to CoC), more damage.
I went for Iron Reflexes + Unwavering stance. Considering melee almost never gets you (knockbacked MFers (yes yes, magic finders of course)), Ondar's and Dodge could be a viable option too.
Massive crit chance from tree. This should change I think, because with 4 charges and no crit chance on gear except Ungil's gauche, I overcap the max crit chance, not counting the curse. Based on a 8.5% crit chance weapon, this leaves rooms for optimisation.

So, yeah. I probably won't play it for a good while for reasons, but I wanted to share something which I think can be pretty cool, easy to build (5L and 2c worth of scepter and you're set), and still strong enough to map all the way to 78. Probably not Atziri viable, but good thing not everyone cares about that ^^

Let me know what you think !
Last edited by Cynry on Oct 26, 2014, 10:46:55 AM
Added the video.
That video looks fun as hell (albeit a bit dangerous, though that's probably because you have tabula rasa instead of a real defense chest)

Have you considered using Three Dragons as helm since you are using Flame Surge and all 3 elements?
http://www.youtube.com/user/P0W3RH4U5
Dunno, don't have it. What would be the point considering I can crit on all 3 elements already ?

Yeah don't mind the defense part of the video, it's just scrap gear I put up together to test the character, nothing good in there...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info