Lightning Tendrils kinda sucky

"
"
Zaanus wrote:
It's great in normal difficulty and I'm betting it will be very popular with racers.

PROTIP:

Get 1-3 of elreons ring mods and it will remove the mana cost depending on heavily you support it.

So basically you have a no cost lmp-freezing pulse (pulse seems a better comparison than incinerate).

If you have tabula you could probably LT + added light + added cold + crit + crit dmg + iron will and blow through 10-31 when better supports come along.

It felt like casters finally have a decent way to twink using it.

Except none of those supports work until level 12, and if you mean 'increased crit strikes' that's a level 31 req support right there. ;)

Three elreon's ring mods (well, jewellery mods) can probably be put to better use than LT, I think.

I'm currently running an Iron Will + Doedre's Tenure LT marauder just to see how it performs with massively reduced cast speed. Yeah, not a good idea really. :)

In the spell's defence, it is really cheap and efficient out of the box. My Marauder has only those two skill cost reduction nodes in his starting area and he's having no trouble keeping up the mana. The trick is not to sit and spam, as seems instinctual given it looks like an Incinerate clone. It's actually more a case of cast once, see what dies from those four lashes, and then cast again if need be.

There is a lot of room for tactical play as well, since unlike Incinerate or Flameblast or Reave (all 'charge up' skills), you can move around and not lose any built up power.

I think you are missing the point (I don't think any supports are earlier than 12, tho I did forget crit was a 31).

In a toon twinked with pasives heavily for arc, LT was at least as good with fewer supports for most of normal (at least until arc got the 4th hit).

I've no doubt that a toon built for LT would be at least as good in normal, if not better than any other lightning spell - mostly because you can face tank normal difficulty without much trouble.

My only real beef with LT is that sometimes you run up to hit something and the detection stops a bit short leaving u hitting air.

As for scaling into merc/maps, I suspect the range will kill it as viable.
"
...precisely the bug I mentioned...

Noticed it too when I played around with it. Range somehow seems inconsistent, sometimes it can't hit targets right next to you and sometimes hits a screen away, usually in line with edges of the effect. Either it's really desyncey or it has some other bug. It's especially iffy when you got no AoE increase.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Noticed it too when I played around with it. Range somehow seems inconsistent, sometimes it can't hit targets right next to you and sometimes hits a screen away, usually in line with edges of the effect. Either it's really desyncey or it has some other bug. It's especially iffy when you got no AoE increase.

Yup, when I tried it on totem it worked kinda like this, though I rather was thinking that I just wrongly placed totem.

BTW If not for this, tendrils spell totem would be very nice support skill in lighting build, it shocks quite reliably and "rooting in place" is obviously not a problem with a totem. But as for now, I reverted to Ball Lighting totem, still leveling Tendrils though.

Spoiler
Heh, and my brave Arc witch on screen :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
It sucks you say? Doesn't seem like it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOsO_OUDjZg
Last edited by italianmango1 on Oct 28, 2014, 3:24:57 AM
if you selfcast spells your built automatically sucks.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
dragnar wrote:
i always make my own builds

And this one sucks, np happens to all of us.

The skill seems fine, not OP but not weak either.

"
feelgod wrote:
too sad it cant trigger pcoc gem that was my main plan for this skill,

Pcoc works fine with tendrils.

"
raics wrote:
"
...precisely the bug I mentioned...

Are you guys sure it's not "just" desync? I often hit thin air because I must have clicked before using shift at some point. /oos macro shows that my real position was off.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Oct 28, 2014, 5:08:38 AM
"
italianmango1 wrote:

Yes, that's slow clear speed. Specially given rampage movement speed bonus and his low defences.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Oct 28, 2014, 5:23:23 AM
"
I made a little video for the appropriate thread, SaRe. When you fire off a spell at a totem immediately after resyncing manually, and that spell deals no damage, I am sure that is not desync.

Just saw the video: That's scary and will hopefully be fixed.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
Are you guys sure it's not "just" desync? I often hit thin air because I must have clicked before using shift at some point. /oos macro shows that my real position was off.

Nah, I'm trying not to click on enemies when using area skills, that's dangerous. The skill feels like it has some dead angles, and then some that are alive more than others.
Maybe it was intended that way :)

By the way, after using one of my chars that uses enormous cyclone, I noticed some weird shit too. When I cyclone through a really large pack with a totem in center the totem usually doesn't get hit, even though other enemies do and it's clearly within the effect radius. It's very annoying when the totem has immortality aura. I usually solve that by drawing enemies to one side and then leap over and start from the other.
I don't really know what to make of that one, except that there's some hidden 'maximum targets affected' stat for each skill but that's plain ridiculous.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 28, 2014, 6:47:19 AM
"
mazul wrote:
"
italianmango1 wrote:

Yes, that's slow clear speed. Specially given rampage movement speed bonus and his low defences.

That clear speed is perfectly fine. Get some perspective lol.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info