Skyforth presents: Glaciator. RIP BUILD. GGG can let me down one last time.

thats my gear and clearspeed is awesome, similar to the one in the videos, i just have less crit chance obviously. no need for a crit amulet tbh, but flat phys is a big plus. frenzy and power charges add alot of deeps. i am around 50k glacial and 30k groundslam before charges and before vaal haste.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
On Probation? what happened??

sorry if i repeat my question, but did you try uber with this build?

plus, if i use bloodrage, is vaal pact a good idea ?

Nazi forum mods lol.

I haven't tried, no way am i waste currency on uber.

You could probably use VP but i don't think it's too much of a difference.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Awesome build. Haven't tried it myself but this looks great. Glad someone brought back ground slam :)
How important is that Charisma cluster that gives 12% reduced mana reserved? Can't you run 2 auras (60%) and 1 spell (25%) in HC without it?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
How important is that Charisma cluster that gives 12% reduced mana reserved? Can't you run 2 auras (60%) and 1 spell (25%) in HC without it?

You would still need a mana pool left over.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
So I'm trying out this build a few hours a week and I'm at 82 so far. It's super fun, and I'm enjoying it way more than my BoR+WoE snoozefest.

I managed to find a Daresso's Defiance the other day, and it got me wondering whether acro+phase acro are viable for this build. I also noticed you don't mention it at all, I'm just curious why.

Here's the passive tree I've been looking at; I routed around the right edge of the tree, avoiding the eva circle and picking up ondar's (idk if this is necessary) and acro+phase acro. I'd lose Harrier and True Strike but could pick up Heart Seeker, an extra end charge (for Daresso's, might be easier to get with the new passive tree), or an extra 4% block near Swagger. It seems like it'd be a minor DPS loss for a bit more situational survivability. It ends up being 113 points + room for 2 activities.

"
Relyte wrote:
So I'm trying out this build a few hours a week and I'm at 82 so far. It's super fun, and I'm enjoying it way more than my BoR+WoE snoozefest.

I managed to find a Daresso's Defiance the other day, and it got me wondering whether acro+phase acro are viable for this build. I also noticed you don't mention it at all, I'm just curious why.

Here's the passive tree I've been looking at; I routed around the right edge of the tree, avoiding the eva circle and picking up ondar's (idk if this is necessary) and acro+phase acro. I'd lose Harrier and True Strike but could pick up Heart Seeker, an extra end charge (for Daresso's, might be easier to get with the new passive tree), or an extra 4% block near Swagger. It seems like it'd be a minor DPS loss for a bit more situational survivability. It ends up being 113 points + room for 2 activities.

Not a minor dps loss, a huge versatility loss and big dps loss. I was thinking the same thing, still went through scion because ondar's path is just not worth it, nor going IR. A lot of people do it, don't let it fool you.

Best tanks with ability to slice everything come from having both armour and evasion. Dodge is just not needed, takes away a lot of your dps for that random chance. Also cuts your Armor and ES... The dps you get using shortcut to shadow tree is enough to cover more than the defense provided by acrobatics. You just don't let your enemies hit you. Like ever.

Max block, good eva, little armor and you're unkillable. Everything that somehow manages to hit you, has to go through block and evasion first, if they even manage to do it... Your slight armor bonus with 3 endurance charges and granite flask is more then you could ever need.
On top of that you have HP flasks and a fucking brain, right?

Only a fool would count his defenses on a single mechanism. Anyways...

I also dropped ground slam and took cyclone, because with GS you're too hittable, stationary. Not good for eva chars.
And you have to change directions if you're getting surrounded. Besides, it gets really boring playing that safe, almost like kiting.
Cyclone? You slice through everything in your way without stopping like a tornado. Critical hits make it even more rewarding. I love it.
+ Using cyclone for strong rares/uniques that use trajectory, projectile attacks and etc. is super safe. You just spin on their back, they turn to you - you switch to their back again in milliseconds. It's like they can't ever catch you. Funny too.
Last edited by hellzer on Nov 29, 2014, 9:33:29 PM
Clarify a few things hellzer:
1.I have no idea by what you mean by huge versatility loss.
2. How does taking acrobatics decrease your dps?
3. Since you yourself agree that multiple layers are best for tankiness, that's just what dodge is, a pretty huge chance to not get hit, it's an additional layer along with evasion and block.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Nov 29, 2014, 11:46:20 PM
There's a lot of variants you can approach with for this build. I'm very interested to see how it goes for you.

And @Cyclone, it uses both weapons.
"
Etherfire wrote:
Clarify a few things hellzer:
1.I have no idea by what you mean by huge versatility loss.
2. How does taking acrobatics decrease your dps?
3. Since you yourself agree that multiple layers are best for tankiness, that's just what dodge is, a pretty huge chance to not get hit, it's an additional layer along with evasion and block.

1. After you get to know the game and play all these builds there is always this thing, feeling which you cannot explain but you experience it in action. Maybe it wasn't the right word 'versatility' but what I meant is 'You get more defense by sacrificing the defense'.

2. For taking Ondar's and all acro nodes you need to give up a lot of passive points that could instead lead you straight into shadow tree, with more eva, crit on the way to more dps, hp and lot more crit, ability to get all that at the end game build. While on the Ondar's path you don't really have enough points to finish shadow tree, so it's not even worth going there, unless you plan on cutting templars side, which is a bad idea.

3. Acrobatics, that extra layer you're talking about makes your armor layer and granite flasks half as effective, basically ineffective if you already had just enough for it to be effective.
The way I see it... Your block, evasion layers are already in a perfect spot without acrobatics. You rarely get hit, you got capped resistances, enough armor to negate most of the damage from weak attacks and just enough from bosses with all the flasks and endurance charges IF they manage to hit you. Usually it doesn't happen because I have almost capped crit, multi with huge att.speed and phys. damage. and on top of that I am always moving.

In conclusion, I choose to get more dps over acrobatics and ondar's because I already feel like I have enough defense to make sure I survive everything. Now's it about making the slices sharper.

I haven't tried Atziri or whatever the thing is and I totally ignore that part because I don't have any char to try it, ain't gonna do my 1st run with a HC champ, am I?
Last edited by hellzer on Nov 30, 2014, 7:17:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info