Phys Damage

ya man, 10k dps is easily achieved by pretty much every melee skill non crit with average (aka so awful) gear. Someone on the previous page advised him to spec crit too... with a Marohi... I do worry about these forums sometimes and how far removed from the realities of what happens when you play the game a lot of opinions have become. It's like a second, purely theoretical game has been invented based off the mean average of chatter going around, and that is now what is discussed.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
You'll have a hard time to get >50.000-100.000 without very good gear, but 10k? 10k DpS is like "Lvl60 selffound gear".

Teach me how to +10k DpS with lvl 60 gear plz 8( Has to be hc vuable tho =D

if I use these 2 weapons with this spec...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1067332

I get 13k reave (5 link) and 18k dual strike (4 link). Thats self found hardcore playing a build that specs relatively little damage, its as average and basic a setup as it gets. All melee builds should be getting +10k dps in endgame with even remotely decent weapons.
Phys damage vs. Ele Damage. Ele damage will always come out on top. the way I see it this is by design.

The reason for this is that there are many many more sources of physical attack damage leech than there are of elemental damage leech. As a result physical damage is a more defensive. If you are not a leech heavy character and are instead focusing on pots or regen for survivability/sustain then you might as well try to convert as much of your physical damage to elemental because you will be making use of the Weapon Elemental Damage multiplier gem.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
geffreyy wrote:

The reason for this is that there are many many more sources of physical attack damage leech than there are of elemental damage leech. As a result physical damage is a more defensive. If you are not a leech heavy character and are instead focusing on pots or regen for survivability/sustain then you might as well try to convert as much of your physical damage to elemental because you will be making use of the Weapon Elemental Damage multiplier gem.

"Weapon elemental damage" is only one of many damage multiplier gems.
In many 6L setups, it's not even a very good multiplier.

Leech: a physical attack build will cap out on leech with pretty much any attack skill and any life leech value >1% if you are properly geared.
You can only leech 20% of your max life per second, and you'll do so much DpS that the lowest number of leech will still let you reach the cap.

The balance/imbalance of "elemental vs physical" is not what you mention, it's imho not even related to leech or the WED gem, it's more like this:

Elemental - huge benefit from auras and aura passives

Physical or hybrids (like molten strike, infernal blow)- huge benefit from weapon affixes and weapon related passives in the skill tree

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info