Phys Damage

Why phys damage is so underpowered? i Started a leap slam build beacuse all i needed was life and mace passives + a good 2h mace, i got what i needed, a marohi erqi, and differnet skilsl but my dps on HEAVY STRIKE is 6,5k , Leap Slam 6,2k, why is that? i see people with elemental damage of 30k>>>300k and even millions , how do i get that? at least how do i reset or when is the reset so i can change the passives, dont have the time to level another char to 74. All the currency i have:
-130 Chromes
-24 Alch
-20 Chance
-10 Glassblowers
-2 Regrets
-1 Chaos
-120 Transmutations
-1 Blessed
-5 Scouring
-1 Vaal
-90 Augmentations

Is it possible to change the whole build to a piety viable one?

Phys works just fine - the real thing to take away here is that you're going to have to play a lot more to be able to get the items that allow you to do huge dps like what you mentioned. (I mean hundreds of times what it took you to get to lvl74)

As is, your build should be just fine vs Piety. If you haven't capped your resists or boosted your life at all, you might want to start there.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
May as well post your passive tree and gear, and be prepared to have this moved to Gameplay Help.

6.5k isn't bad, you should be able to do Piety pretty easily with that. My Rampage Elebuzzsaw got her with only 2k DPS. What is the survivability issue you're having?

The easiest way to scale up your damage is Crit chance, so I'm guessing once you've got your life sorted out, crit investment is probably the way to go. Hard to tell until seeing your tree though.

Cheers.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I tried doing piety, but first of all, i can`t reach her at all,my resists are 75%,71%,41%,-60% by their order,armor 2400 and 3k hp, how much do i need not to die so fast?
EDIT: Passive tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ4UEuEUIBRSFHEYkRnpGlUb-iW8Jd8nLyfVMfs0jjWSNug7Oz38R35QR1HmU99XDVhjWK9Y21nzXz9gS2CRYSFko2VNaf5qHm5pcql07XdTeA1673uMfNl_44OxhNmE74Y7jM-Rzpkrm4OezaQZpKynMKgYqW6sqrXyu-28n72BvqfAD8AaxFjG2MtD0iHSTdi93sHfv-Of5K3vDvIv9kj3Mv_T
Last edited by Adri38 on Oct 22, 2014, 5:34:59 PM
My Items:
First of all, forget about millions of dps, you can get those numbers only by abusing critical and trigger spells.

Now, onto your setup.

For one, your aura choice is iffy. Vitality and haste are summoner material, for a physical attacker hatred provides much more dps than haste and vitality is nowhere near worth the mana reserved.

Also, always have resists maxed, always, no excuse, it's more than mandatory, sacrifice everything to get that if you must.

Marohi is slow, use ground slam instead of leap slam and support it with multistrike instead of melee damage on full life.

You have no leech on gear, for a physical attacker warlord's mark can be skipped.

Make a CwDT setup with enduring cry and enfeeble curse, it will help a lot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 22, 2014, 6:01:53 PM
also, you have blood magic keystone passive that is extremely useless for your build for mainly this reasons:

* Marohi is one of the slowest weapons in game, so your mana costs would be easily covered by single mana leech mod on gear.

* you basically cant run auras unless your HP is pretty high. Using any aura costs you life. In this case your melee phys on full life is good for nothing because you are never on full life

I dont know what skills you are using, but if you actually use haste and vitality on your life pool, your remaining life is 70% of your max HP, which would result in often deaths it case your HP is not good enough (which is probably not based on your gear with only little +life)

e: you are lacking defences too. you use 2H thus cant block, 2,4k Armor is no good at all, no immortall call.. add low HP and voila, deadly elixir :)

one question: why are you wasting AoE support from Marohi? both your main skills have AoE..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 22, 2014, 6:33:22 PM
Just by changing leap slam to ground increased my survivability by tons,noticed that now i don't die so often.Next i guess ill respec the blood magic passive and start using hatred +ill put the heavy strike with splash on marohi,didnt notice the aoe support, gonna stash vitality and haste.Going to try to get other gear with resist,say no to 120 mf(,thanks guys,if you got more tips tell me.
"
Adri38 wrote:
Going to try to get other gear with resist,say no to 120 mf

Well yes, if you wanted a piety farmer you should have gone one-handed I suppose, block would have made you extra tanky and you would have more gear slots to offset resist penalty on andvarius rings.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
To farm Piety u just wanna stunlock her. Marohi is nice for this purpose, all u need is a 4L like Heavy Strike - Melee Phys - Faster Attacks - Stun. Also u take some passives and items (belt) with Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold.

To get to Piety fast enough - well, I always use leap slam (to move) + sweep (to clear what is left after a move). 5L marohi is OK for sweep (sweep - faster attacks - multistrike - melee phys damage - item rarity cuz we r farming here after all).
Last edited by dubadam on Oct 23, 2014, 8:49:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info