Disable Namelocking option! (cyclone fix coming with 1.3!)

+1; would be nice to have an option in UI to enable/disable this like corpse targeting etc.
IGN: RhoaSpin / RhoaTempest
Not that this is any sort of solution, but;

As a real crude workaround that can be used at your discretion, if you pick up an item with your inventory open, then close your inventory so you have an item on your cursor... you simply can't namelock, at all.

This means you can't use LMB as your walk only though (you'll drop the item), you'll need a key assigned for that.

But If your primary movement is leap or WB on a key, or you are OK with 'move only' on a key... presto, you have namelock disabled. You also have a LOT easier to see cursor, haha.

Accidental namelocking, or just accidental targeting in general became so much worse when health bars were added, it's possible sometimes to not be able to pick any place to leap to if a large dangerous pack are between you and the camera, you will always clip a health bar hit box. Another case where having an item on the cursor will let you do the action you actually want and not the action you don't, in this case.. leap up and down 'on the spot'.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 24, 2014, 3:59:39 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Not that this is any sort of solution, but;

As a real crude workaround that can be used at your discretion, if you open your bag and pick up an item then close your bag so you have an item on your cursor... you simply can't namelock, at all.

This means you can't use LMB as your walk only though (you'll drop the item), you'll need a key assigned for that.

But If your primary movement is leap or WB on a key, or you are OK with 'move only' on a key... presto, you have namelock disabled. You also have a LOT easier to see cursor, haha.

Accidental namelocking, or just accidental targeting in general became so much worse when health bars were added, it's possible sometimes to not be able to pick any place to leap to if a large dangerous pack are between you and the camera, you will always clip a health bar hit box. Another case where having an item on the cursor will let you do the action you actually want and not the action you don't, in this case.. leap up and down 'on the spot'.

Or just pick up an item from the ground.
"
Natharias wrote:

That's exactly what I was referring to.

You need your bag open, though.
Casually casual.

good suggestion idk if i could get used to that tho
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Not if the item is on the ground. You were talking about taking an item from your inventory.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Not if the item is on the ground.

You do, otherwise it will simply loot into your inventory.

"
Natharias wrote:
You were talking about taking an item from your inventory.

No, I wasn't. That's just how you insist on reading it.

Edited wording to be clearer.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 24, 2014, 4:00:03 AM
so every now and then i still fail at not target locking myself and every time that happens i realize how terribly fast it leads to desync, this helps so much..
I think it would be handy for an option just for cyclone, not name locking in general as some people may use multiple skills on the one char and toggling this option on/off all the time would be a right pita.
"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
I think it would be handy for an option just for cyclone, not name locking in general as some people may use multiple skills on the one char and toggling this option on/off all the time would be a right pita.

i'm pretty sure poe will improve in many ways so that you could actually save settings and keybinds per character

or get a notification if you hop on a different character if u want to turn it on or not

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info