Disable Namelocking option! (cyclone fix coming with 1.3!)

Even if its just useful for cycloners, please!

E: Just to freely cyclone and not follow any Monsters because especially on some bosses it leads to weird movement of the boss (and you) & desync.

Gonna add this rewrite from reddit:

Yesterday i wasnt clear enough so i try again since this really seems to work for quite a few people who especially played with cyclone. I said i was looking for a "force attack in place option" because shift-attacking even with cyclone, lets you freely cyclone rather than locking down / following a target. This target following especially on vaal and dominus p2 sometimes caused the bosses to move for the cycloning player.

Example1: Warping in and out of Dominus' p2 bubble with him
Example2: Following Vaal after emerging, running from a smash but actually running right into her again because she did not actually move. (RIP Krippi, & my charity cycloner)

I'd really like to hear if more people have experienced free attacking/moving to counter desync like this and what GGG says about it!

Cheers
Last edited by Giniyo on Dec 12, 2014, 1:39:27 AM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2017, 11:46:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
EDIT: You're talking about cyclone, nevermind.
Cyclone is the way it is for a reason. If you want to stand still, use Vaal Cyclone.

There is a force attack in place button, what i initially thought you were talking about was having an option to leave it always on.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 22, 2014, 1:43:34 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
EDIT: You're talking about cyclone, nevermind.
Cyclone is the way it is for a reason. If you want to stand still, use Vaal Cyclone.

There is a force attack in place button, what i initially thought you were talking about was having an option to leave it always on.

for the purpose of not targeting and following a mob... ofcourse youre still moving...
So this wouldn't be forcing attack in place, this would be disabling namelocking. You can attack in place while still being namelocked to an enemy.

I'd be down for that.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 22, 2014, 1:50:13 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
So this wouldn't be forcing attack in place, this would be disabling namelocking. You can attack in place while still being namelocked to an enemy.

I'd be down for that.

Thanks! I'll rename.
You could always point at a point where monsters aren't actually there but near enough that you'll still hit them.
"
Natharias wrote:
You could always point at a point where monsters aren't actually there but near enough that you'll still hit them.

yeah but its just like using shift to ignore namelocking etc, once you forget about it you might already be in a dangerous situation because of it

and pointing somewhere where no mobs are is sometimes tough and once you point too far away you spin nonstop til youre there 8(
Last edited by Giniyo on Oct 22, 2014, 8:35:12 PM
"
Giniyo wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

yeah but its just like using shift to ignore namelocking etc, once you forget about it you might already be in a dangerous situation because of it

and pointing somewhere where no mobs are is sometimes tough and once you point too far away you spin nonstop til youre there 8(

Using the mouse is not a problem for me, but that might be because I played Starcraft 1 and 2.

Just practice it. I can use Cyclone without incident.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Giniyo wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Using the mouse is not a problem for me, but that might be because I played Starcraft 1 and 2.

Just practice it. I can use Cyclone without incident.

its hard to not namelock when youre cycloning in 20/+ mobs but have to focus a single rare/totem
Yep, I agree. I have good aim so namelocking doesn't help, it actually hinders my ability to freely aim, while holding down the main skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info