Avoiding Doomsday / Path of Salvation - some of the most glaring issues addressed

I am the community incarnated, it has no power over me!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Things that should have never been in game:

Timers on Master Missions
- punishment is already that your build cant do it fast, who cares how much time you want to waste completing them
- timers so misplaced in this game

Agree. Probably. I'm still at a low master level to care, but I understand how frustrating can be.

"
Crackmonster wrote:

XP penalty
- it's okay with a corpse run - without, no
- if xp was lost on the ground in some hard as hell area and you are able to reclaim it(you don't drop gear just xp), it can be a boon for the game that adds quality and memorable moments due satisfaction from overcoming instead of leading to frustration
- in D1 my most intense gaming moment of all time was once trying to get my body back with all my gear from some thick pack of those acid dogs with no time left before leaving for family dinner
- in maps ress inside portal not outside, portal = go in/go out limit, other adds no quality just frustration when you reach the limit
- in atziri make player ress outside portal, or let atziri heal to full when she kills you

You still have an issue when you run out of portals in the map device. Recovering a corpse would not be that hard most of the time, though. Until it's impossible. Bad idea.

"
Crackmonster wrote:

Things that should be nerfed:

Dagger base physical damage
- addresses scaling issues while making sense since it's a small weapon that doesn't do much damage when it doesnt crit

Critical Damage gem
- too much damage, too crit focused this game, too much everything the same in top builds

The thing is, the point of an assassin like a Shadow is to hit and run. It makes sense to have high damage. The problem is not the crits or base damage, the problem is that with leech and many kinds of mitigation you ruin the whole glass canon thing.
Conversely, two handers and melee should have less damage overall but they should have an easier time defending themselves.
So no, you are wrong.

"
Crackmonster wrote:

Fusing required to 5/6L
- it's a bit too high, like most things in poe the player is starved at the cost of gameplay quality

Is it that hard to get a 5L? It's enough to kill almost anything in this game anyway.

"
Crackmonster wrote:

Prices on Mtx
- you should have several economists evaluate your microtransaction price model, higher prices =/= always more revenue, and certainly not happier players

Yep, there is not a lot of numerical reasoning when it comes to MTX. Not that I have the spare money anyway. Some day...

"
Crackmonster wrote:

Things that should be boosted:

Drop rates of uniques and some instrumental currency
- this is probably the biggest problem with the game
- needs a massive boost, there isn't even enough to go around for a permanent league, and this game should be balanced around short leagues. mega boost it

Well, I bet that if this was done, everyone would suffer hedonistic adaptation.
There are some currencies that I'd rather make them more common even if it that makes them less valuable to trade (Exalted orb).

"
Crackmonster wrote:

2handed weapons base damage and critical strike chance
- 2h should be the most offensive weapon sacrificing defense for max power
- 2h weapons should have high crit chances, it makes sense that they cause devastating internal injury when they strike, at a much greater rate than scrawny 1 handers

No, 2H should be more about base damage and tankiness. See above.

Things that should be changed:

"
Crackmonster wrote:

Masters design
- too annoying to grind every league
- supposed to be good for playing the game for the regular player, but are far too focused on having the top insane levels before getting a strong benefit
- consider moving some things to lower tiers

Mixed feelings. Some things could be at a lower level, but you are not forced to grind them, it's the whole challenge thing to blame.

I can't comment on the whole map thing yet.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Your suppose to post the most GLARING issues.

Not every single possible little pet peeve or thing you don't like about the game.

Only thing you got is masters.
I agree with maybe 15% of your points. More than I expected honestly :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I am the community incarnated, it has no power over me!

This is my favorite aspect of Crackmonster, he presents himself as the disenfranchised majority. Beautiful in its all encompassing simplicity, sickening in its hyperbolic deranged frenzy.
Noblesse oblige
"
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Just because i don't care anymore let me tell you something to mess with your fragile minds.

I've become so in tune to GGG at one point i could and did predict what would happen more or less, i could predict the magnitude of nerfs/boost when issues that were hot in the community were addressed, i could predict what areas of the game they were focusing on sequentially way ahead of time, it came to a point where nothing here surprised me and i could predict more or less everything they would do to existing content, i was completely in tune with the flow and vibrations of poe. That's when i stopped having hope, because i knew it was futile.

All here are the same nabs bickering talking their random talk and maybe 5-8% of posts are good clear posts with good sense, and mostly those are left ignored so the same guys can listen to themselves talk about the same things, saying the same to new people bringing up the same issues that plague the game, really not saying much at all, thus corrupting the forums, leading to what has happened now, the grand exodus of everyone with expectations and high requirements, everyone that once had hope for poe to be the greatest of them all, and that have experienced what is happening here too many times to painfully sit through it again.

Tremble nabs, because you don't fathom the simplistic truth of what is contained herein.

PoE has fallen, a misguided will controls it, and it saddens me so.

PS: Something huge is in the works at GGG.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 24, 2014, 1:19:22 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Just because i don't care anymore let me tell you something to mess with your fragile minds.

I've become so in tune to GGG at one point i could and did predict what would happen more or less, i could predict the magnitude of nerfs/boost when issues that were hot in the community were addressed, i could predict what areas of the game they were focusing on sequentially way ahead of time, it came to a point where nothing here surprised me and i could predict more or less everything they would do to existing content, i was completely in tune with the flow and vibrations of poe. That's when i stopped having hope, because i knew it was futile.

All here are the same nabs bickering talking their random talk and maybe 5-8% of posts are good clear posts with good sense, and mostly those are left ignored so the same guys can listen to themselves talk about the same things, saying the same to new people bringing up the same issues that plague the game, really not saying much at all, thus corrupting the forums, leading to what has happened now, the grand exodus of everyone with expectations and high requirements, everyone that once had hope for poe to be the greatest of them all, and that have experienced what is happening here too many times to painfully sit through it again.

Tremble nabs, because you don't fathom the simplistic truth of what is contained herein.

TL;DR: gaem ded also i am prophet
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"

TL;DR: gaem ded also i am prophet

LOL
I love teddy bears.
Prophet am not, but did warn it would stir fragile minds.
Despite the crappy rhetoric and me disagreeing on some points, Crack has something.

If I gave precise feedback on this game it would resemble as essay with many people disagree with subjects I call touchy points. Because the game presents itself in a hardcore way doesn't mean you have to no-life. And I say present because of the hypocrisy of the game generally being easy but with nonsensical difficulty spikes. Why even make beginning the game easier? Might as well learn with old Hailrake, shit can occur that you have no control over, resistances are the most important thing. Old mud flats rhoa = if something is running at you, it's bad. If in doubt, don't try to tank damage. You shouldn't have to learn this with bosses because key ones are hours apart in casual play time (Merveil, Vaal Oversoul respectively). Difficulty should be fluid or foreseeable (like seeing rare/magic enemies or knowing you are entering a boss area) barring instance events. So me not seeing the reduction of hard counters and the proliferation of invasion bosses in areas (WTF with Spinesnap in Slum Sewers, seriously) just makes me think that it's not going to happen in a hurry. No touching races and general changes made that people that are already hardcore but not no-life are seriously affected by...

So, not necessarily the most glaring issues, but it's like the tip on an iceberg. BTW, I want the game harder not easier, but not things that wipe you out in less than 2 secounds or instantly. I'm not playing an FPS so I don't expect 1 shot to be a thing when overlevelled. There are certain mechanics that I would have liked to be included into the game to make it harder but most are desync'y as hell like monsters reeling you in and pinning and such things like that, so yup. It's like several things interacting with each other that cause the inability to implement certain ideas. You may ask for the Earth, but you may also only get dirt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info