Avoiding Doomsday / Path of Salvation - some of the most glaring issues addressed

Just gonna leave this here...

These are some things i was thinking about tonight, just the most immediate things that came to mind. I'm not gonna get in arguments about it, this is just what i believe to be best, and you can come into this thread every now and then to marvel at the optimism displayed here. You can in fact treat this like a scripture to worship, the first steps on the way to the promised land. Rage at it, attempt to decipher it, ignore it, dismiss it, relish it, hate it or read it without reading it, it's all up to you.

Things that should have never been in game:

Timers on Master Missions
- punishment is already that your build cant do it fast, who cares how much time you want to waste completing them
- timers so misplaced in this game

XP penalty
- it's okay with a corpse run - without, no
- if xp was lost on the ground in some hard as hell area and you are able to reclaim it(you don't drop gear just xp), it can be a boon for the game that adds quality and memorable moments due satisfaction from overcoming instead of leading to frustration
- in D1 my most intense gaming moment of all time was once trying to get my body back with all my gear from some thick pack of those acid dogs with no time left before leaving for family dinner
- in maps ress inside portal not outside, portal = go in/go out limit, other adds no quality just frustration when you reach the limit
- in atziri make player ress outside portal, or let atziri heal to full when she kills you

Cast when damage taken
- design abilties that are used the way they are, i've yet to think of one combination that isn't best solved that way

Cast on Crit
- don't even get me started on game/balance-breaking or even graphics card overheating or anything

Chain
- means shit can't compare all is autotarget smash whole screen in seconds or go home for endgame, all the badness started here
- unfortunately it's here to stay so let's just embrace it in all its badness

Things that should be nerfed:

Dagger base physical damage
- addresses scaling issues while making sense since it's a small weapon that doesn't do much damage when it doesnt crit

Critical Damage gem
- too much damage, too crit focused this game, too much everything the same in top builds

Fusing required to 5/6L
- it's a bit too high, like most things in poe the player is starved at the cost of gameplay quality

Damage of retarded bosses like crematorium and other way out of line damage sources
- game design failure, lull player to sleep 97% of endgame content then suddenly 3% consistently one-shot material
- game should offer a graspable experience that feels good and makes sense as you go on
- you are keeping broken levels of damage, and slowly allowing better defenses obtainable because the game doesn't get facerolled with it till one day the uber damagers do not feel broken, then you realize all the regular content needs a damage boost, and then you might realize you should have just nerfed broken damage in the first place and not have to rebalance the whole game
- it started with act 3 you came with piety that was a big nasty with the frost phase then from there picked up, you went dominus which is still a mess most people avoid in maps, then you went to create all sorts of messed up bosses for new leagues and so forth, completely losing control of balance

Prices on Mtx
- you should have several economists evaluate your microtransaction price model, higher prices =/= always more revenue, and certainly not happier players

Things that should be boosted:

Drop rates of uniques and some instrumental currency
- this is probably the biggest problem with the game
- needs a massive boost, there isn't even enough to go around for a permanent league, and this game should be balanced around short leagues. mega boost it

2handed weapons base damage and critical strike chance
- 2h should be the most offensive weapon sacrificing defense for max power
- 2h weapons should have high crit chances, it makes sense that they cause devastating internal injury when they strike, at a much greater rate than scrawny 1 handers

Things that should be changed:

Masters design
- too annoying to grind every league
- supposed to be good for playing the game for the regular player, but are far too focused on having the top insane levels before getting a strong benefit
- consider moving some things to lower tiers

The way maps are acquired
- only map boss drops dependable maps, monsters have very low chance of dropping maps inside maps around what regular monsters drop outside maps
- map quantity and mods have no major effect on map drop rates
- 3 map drop slots on killing boss or all bosses if multiple, to make mapping less rng based and less frustrating for the player to gain access to, as well as requiring less map management which can be annoying with tons of crap maps dropping all over
- the first slot always drops a map -1 to +1 level with special drop rates (20% same level, 20% +1 and 60% -1
- the second slot drops 75% of the time and can give map levels -2 to -1
- the third slot drops 25% of the time and can give map levels 0 to +2
- numbers may need adjustment, i have created an excel sheet for adjusting until key figures are as desired, but practical testing may be required.. I've uploaded it here, you can adjust it for greater stability etc.
- rewards completion of map including the boss, and together with actually balanced bosses that do not just oneshot all around, the game starts to make sense with risk/reward
- rolling maps become a thing about xp and loot returns, not about having access to maps, that just requires you to kill the bosses

The cost/quantity on zana map mods
- greatly reduced cost
- common orbs used

- find another exalted sink
- added quantity removed
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 24, 2014, 1:12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Id love to see MTX system changed to current POE trading system:

Seraph Wings, Offer
Spectral Weapon, Offer
Burning Head Helmet, Offer

and on a serious note:

Attack speed dominance. Current game is 'balanced' around +25% attack speed cap. sadly one can get 200% or more. same applies to crit. there is a reason games of this type have hard and soft caps on multipliers. without them it becomes a joke at some point..

So, if they removed Cast on death w/ portal AND xp penalty, you would be happy if you could lose all your gear?
I agree with everything except XP loss on death.
There should be a harsh penalty for death, otherwise players wont care about dying at all, and will stack as much DPS and run speed as possible (like in D3). But when death penaly is there, players will think about defence and survival, which completely fits the lore of the game.
You're an exile in the savage world of Wraeclast, trying to survive. You're NOT a demigod-nephalim, with power greater than angels and demons have (like in D3).
Of course, plain XP loss isnt the best penalty, but unless someone offers a better penalty, i will find the existing one fine.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Nope.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
No.
I love teddy bears.
"
No.

It's been Doomsday for this guy for like years now bahaha.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
No.

Shouldn't you take a crack on him? This should be amusing :O
I love teddy bears.
"
"
"
No.

Shouldn't you take a crack on him? This should be amusing :O

Eh community will devour him lets watch I mean he dies to the crematorium boss :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Eh community will devour him lets watch I mean he dies to the crematorium boss :P

Maybe he plays

Spoiler
!MELEE!

. . .*tumbleweeds*. . .

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info